It's shocking how many people don't know you can fight...

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Re: It's shocking how many people don't know you can fight..

Postby Zoltor » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:19 am

Shibiryo wrote: By reading all of your posts in this thread I can already tell that you're making it up on the spot and are trying to do something bizarre. Why? I have no idea but it's not cool.

An example of this is when BlueMue caught your arse with the beta pictures and I have no doubt that is where your bullshit started from.

Not being rude at all Zoltor but just give it up now please. I know you're lying for some reason I do not of so just give it up.

Bloody hell, I'm not making such up.

I never seen those fucking pics at all, he never caught me in what your dumbass is suggesting is a lie. Just because you, and many others havn't found such, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

God damn it I swear, if you don't document everything you do, and bookmark every page you ever visit on the net, there's always people like you, with the BS take of, SS/video or it didn't happen.

Hell even if I told you the exact method to do it, you would still write it off as fake, and not try it I'm sure(or do it, but don't tell anyone that you did). Oh well, it doesn't matter, because you're just one person, and if I fully document such, hundreds of thousands of other people will do it, thus turning it into a well known fact, the event exists.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Shibiryo » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:31 am

It's okay man. I believe you. I just need to wait for evidence.
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Shenmue 1&2

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:54 pm

Everyone seems confused in this thread. Never came across daily fights with random yokosuka punks, but shenmue is a deep game full of surprises, I would say its possible, but I have never seen it. How long ago was it that you did this? Perhaps you remembered something wrong? I will say its hard to believe no one has ever mentioned this after well over 10 years of us combing the game for its secrets. I always thoughts Shenmue I could do with a bit more battles, the warming up and practicing and dojo fight with fuku-san isnt bad, but bustin some actual baddie skull being more frequent would have been optimal.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Shibiryo » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:21 pm

Zoltor wrote:It baffles me how anyone ever discovered the Fangmei's birthday+the secret scenes with her, was that in the strategy guide or something(I never used a walkthrough or anything of the sort, for either of the Shenmue games.

:shock:
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Shenmue 1&2

Postby joka » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:42 pm

Shenmue fans are still cynical creatures... We've been burned too many times :D

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

joka has received a thanks from: strider16
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby ShenGCH » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:20 pm

We have to give the benefit of the doubt to Zoltor, everyone. Yes, many of us here know each and every nook and cranny in Shenmue, and how to encounter the things a little more tucked away, but, as the old cliché goes around these parts, the game is full of little surprises, and we all lose our minds a little when a new one appears. What's to say Zoltor hasn't unearthed the next little surprise?

Is it hard to believe? Yes, somewhat. Can we say with absolute certainty that he's taking us all for a ride? Not in the very least. The reason why? No-one knows until proof surfaces. Heck, Fangmei's birthday quest and the Pine Game Arcade fights/duck racing events require a manner of completely out-of-the-way requirements and combinations, and I'm sure if those had only just been unearthed people would be doubting it into the ground, too.

Give it time, people.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Zoltor » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:49 pm

joka wrote: Shenmue fans are still cynical creatures... We've been burned too many times :D

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

Yes, we have, but I never expected such a reaction, didn't even know this was a unknown thing to beginwith sigh(It's hard to believe Yu could hide something like this in such a small game, especially compared to 2, and for all these years at that).

Looks like I'm going to have to do a full playthrough of 1, and try to replicate it, which should be easy enough, just very time consuming. Well if nothing else, I guess this explains why people reviewing the game, never mention it lol.

To ShenGCH: Thanks, and yea I'm going to have to work on triggering this again.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby south carmain » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:09 pm

Hasn't LanDC opened up the game and triggered pretty much everything that can be triggered in it?

We could always ask him about it
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:12 pm

If Zoltor is right, give him the moderator status.

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: ShenGCH
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby ShenGCH » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:03 pm

Yokosuka wrote: If Zoltor is right, give him the moderator status.

Seconded.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby sand4fish » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:20 pm

Zoltor wrote:
God damn it I swear, if you don't document everything you do, and bookmark every page you ever visit on the net, there's always people like you, with the BS take of, SS/video or it didn't happen.

Hey this is no BS mate. This is a major find (if proven) as we all would be seeing a totally brand new scene from a decade and half old game, not mentioning the possibility of playing the game in a different way, skipping the alone training time altogether to master all moves. So requesting a documented proof is not unreasonable I believe.

After all, if I started telling everyone that I know a way Ryo could fight Lan Di inside the Dojo just before the bad ending kicks in, without providing even a single screenshot, would you just take it at face value?

PS edited.

sand4fish has received 2 thanks from: joka, Shibiryo
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Zoltor » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:42 pm

sand4fish wrote:
Zoltor wrote:

Hey this is no BS mate. This is a major find (if proven) as we all would be seeing a totally brand new scene from a decade and half old game, not mentioning the possibility of playing the game in a different way, skipping the alone training time altogether to master all moves. So requesting a documented proof is not unreasonable I believe.

After all, if I started telling everyone that I know a way Ryo could carry his Hazuki sword outside the dojo and use it in battle, without providing even a single screenshot, would you just take it at face value?

I know(now anyway) believe me, this is a major deal, but speaking in general, every time you find info or whatnot, you have to basically document every single thing you bring up on a forum or you get people stating such, the only difference this time, is It's kind of actually warranted, still doesn't change the fact I'm so tired of hearing such responses.

Yea I'm going to work on finding it/unlocking such again. It wasn't a small thing either, I must of spent atleast a month worth the ingame days fighting them, hell it was the very reason I didn't practice at all, because I could use my moves on actual opponents, it was a big deal, so I am definitely not remembering it wrong, it did happen.

Yea I know It's a reasonable request, more then reasonable at that, if this Isn't known, it needs to be fully uncovered, and disclosed to the Shenmue community.

No lol, but like I said, I had no idea this was some kind of secret(I don't know, blame Yu for making event triggers overly realistic, with no notification you did anything special lol), and there's no reason for people to outright call me a lier, a simple we have never seen anything of the sort, we need to see proof to believe such, would've sufficed.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ShenGCH » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:59 pm

Out of curiosity, Zoltor, do you recognise any of the thugs? Are they Mad Angels? Sailors? Enoki's crew?

Can you recall on which disc this occurs also?
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Zoltor » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:09 pm

ShenGCH wrote: Out of curiosity, Zoltor, do you recognise any of the thugs? Are they Mad Angels? Sailors? Enoki's crew?

The disc I'm not 100% sure, but it definitely wasn't early, I started doing this either at the very end of disc 1 or more then likely on disc 2(the Stealth mission to sneak into the wharehouse freaked me into not doing story for awhile, until I do all the extra stuff I wanted to do, in fear that if I keep doing story, I may end up actually beating the game, so there's a pretty high chance, it was during that time)

I don't recall what they look like exactly, but they stand out like a sore thumb, they show up as a pair of two guys walking down the street(more or less side by side). I don't know if they're Mad Angels or not, but clothing, and build wise, they look very much the part of what passes off as Sailors in Shenmue 1
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ShenGCH » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:48 pm

Zoltor wrote:
ShenGCH wrote: Out of curiosity, Zoltor, do you recognise any of the thugs? Are they Mad Angels? Sailors? Enoki's crew?

The disc I'm not 100% sure, but it definitely wasn't early, I started doing this either at the very end of disc 1 or more then likely on disc 2(the Stealth mission to sneak into the wharehouse freaked me into not doing story for awhile, until I do all the extra stuff I wanted to do, in fear that if I keep doing story, I may end up actually beating the game, so there's a pretty high chance, it was during that time)

I don't recall what they look like exactly, but they stand out like a sore thumb, they show up as a pair of two guys walking down the street(more or less side by side). I don't know if they're Mad Angels or not, but clothing, and build wise, they look very much the part of what passes off as Sailors in Shenmue 1

Hmm, that's interesting. So, there's a cutscene and everything before the fight initiates? Please spill the beans on everything you can remember about the encounter :)
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue