Random Shenmue Thoughts

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

Postby ShenGCH » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:20 am

BlueMue wrote: On the day Ryo has to meet up with Charlie and receives the chinese letter he willl automatically teleport to Sakuragaoka and the ambush there when the clock hits 2:30 p.m. Interesting thing, the game actually "loads" the Construction Site.

Awesome and specific, and specifically awesome. Great find :)!

Has anyone here ever encountered this in person?
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:36 pm

Funhaus mocks Shenmue again, and even Shenmuedojo lol. :lol:

phpBB [video]

video description
So I guess we're actually playing Shenmue now for real. All the Dandies at http://reddit.com/shenmuedandies are going to have a field day with this, pointing out our errors, telling us where we're wrong, extolling the virtues of the Tomato Shop or whatever.

Honestly, I'm only 1/3 of the way through this description and I despair of ever having to write another Shenmue video description again. If this becomes a recurring series, I could be totally fucked. I might have to go to the Wikipedia entry for Shenmue to make on-topic references to the game, or -- god forbid -- actually play it.

And I really don't want to have to do that.

So probably from here on out all of the Shenmue video descriptions will be a detailed recounting of the last few meals I ate, George RR Martin style. I hope you enjoy reading about food, nerds.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby rome » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:37 pm

Yokosuka wrote: Funhaus mocks Shenmue again, and even Shenmuedojo lol. :lol:

phpBB [video]

video description
So I guess we're actually playing Shenmue now for real. All the Dandies at http://reddit.com/shenmuedandies are going to have a field day with this, pointing out our errors, telling us where we're wrong, extolling the virtues of the Tomato Shop or whatever.

Honestly, I'm only 1/3 of the way through this description and I despair of ever having to write another Shenmue video description again. If this becomes a recurring series, I could be totally fucked. I might have to go to the Wikipedia entry for Shenmue to make on-topic references to the game, or -- god forbid -- actually play it.

And I really don't want to have to do that.

So probably from here on out all of the Shenmue video descriptions will be a detailed recounting of the last few meals I ate, George RR Martin style. I hope you enjoy reading about food, nerds.

Despite the jokes, you could tell they enjoyed the game. Lol it was pretty entertaining though.
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby johnvivant » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:45 am

not happy about any ridicule of shenmue, but the high amount of views on these videos indicate that at least shenmue is being exposed to a large number of people. i'm unsure about the idea that 'even bad publicity is better than none', but who knows - maybe it could be true.

its seems that many people are trying to categorize shenmue as a 'so bad its good' type of game, which is most likely due to npc dub, but anyone who has spent time with the games knows that this label is unfair.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby south carmain » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:29 pm

They even did a dojo shoutout

phpBB [video]
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:09 pm

phpBB [video]

So did anyone catch this epic fail of a vid? I couldnt even continue watching it after about 10 minutes because of all the wrong information. Fucking christ people that dont know Shenmue really dont need to be talking about it, they are just embarassing themselves with this one, I have no idea how this carries on for 24 minutes, they are just wiping their ass. Its actually so bad its pretty damn funny tbh :lol:
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:49 pm

At least, one of them have played Shenmue before, it could have been worse like trashing directly the franchise.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:25 pm

There is a follow up video from the guy the day the kick starter ended that makes a little more sense and he states how he feels about everything at that point, and he is much more optimistic about it. Still that video is a pretty big laugher, its interesting to hear what "average joe" per se thinks about the Shenmue 3 news, I get a kick out of it.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:16 pm

For no particular reason, a sound obsessed me over the last few days.

phpBB [video]

Admit that the Phoenix Mirror item sound resonates differently since the Shenmue 3 announcement. You can now hear all the incoming story vibes from this. =P~

By the way, hopefully the learning martial art move sound (one of the most satisfying sounds in a video game ever) will come back in Shenmue 3 despite the auto-mastering feature revealed by Yu.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Amir » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:06 pm

Had some fun on Tinder:

Amir has received 3 thanks from: amiga1200, ShenGCH, south carmain
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby amiga1200 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:47 pm

Code: Select all
http://i.imgur.com/Hhplgyb.png
^^ priceless!
:rotflmao: (still a solo runner.)
amiga1200
Banned
Banned

Location: Third space 3Avatar class heavy battleship, Damocles
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with gravimetric drives

Postby Mr357 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:08 pm

Liu-san is hypocritical piece of sh*t. He just got out of the hospital, and immediately goes to a public park to smoke in front of young children. If that's not bad enough, he tells Ryo to maintain his health, and then blows a puff of smoke right in his face (okay, maybe that last bit was an exaggeration).

Why doesn't Ryo just ask Jianmin where he can find Lishao Tao when he first meets him? He was already fine with asking random people about Master Tao, so why not ask the only person he's met who knows martial arts (assuming you haven't met Izumi)? It would have saved him the trouble of checking the Yan Tin apartments, and searching through all of the Man Mo's. On top of that, he would have known that Master Tao would be a young woman, and would have saved himself from a major embarrassment. He might have been able to skip learning about the Four Wude too.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:39 pm

I'm completely blocked in Shenmue disc 3. I unlocked the first Mad Angels battle in the warehouse but nothing happens then. It's almost my 7th day since I got the job and I'm close to 25th December. :-k

And I've got the best salary in my company. 8)
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Giorgio » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:56 pm

Yokosuka wrote: I'm completely blocked in Shenmue disc 3. I unlocked the first Mad Angels battle in the warehouse but nothing happens then. It's almost my 7th day since I got the job and I'm close to 25th December. :-k

What your notebook writes? Maybe it is the time when you need to stay at night at the harbour (somewhere near the Alpha Trading Office) where the scene with the old homeless man and the bike gang happens?
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:00 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Yokosuka wrote: I'm completely blocked in Shenmue disc 3. I unlocked the first Mad Angels battle in the warehouse but nothing happens then. It's almost my 7th day since I got the job and I'm close to 25th December. :-k

What your notebook writes? Maybe it is the time when you need to stay at night at the harbour (somewhere near the Alpha Trading Office) where the scene with the old homeless man and the bike gang happens?

Oops I forgot to mention it, I have also unlocked this scene indeed. He learnt me two new moves too.

My notebook writes "Where are the Mad Angels ?" or something like that.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue