Heehee, that scene is great--
"I demand com-pen-sa-tion!" :lol:
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Miles Prower » Sun Sep 28, 2003 2:13 pm

Been asking more people about payphones. When you go into Global Travel Agency, Ryo asks if he can use their phone and they guy says it's out of order(how convenient =P) Oh and also, this is the point in the game where you can trigger the conversation with Maeda-san where he says how much he wants to cut Tom's hair.
And Aoi-san says he sometimes uses the phone at the tobacco shop so he can make calls without his wife knowing....probably related to gambling as it says in his bio he's a keen gambler and Yoshie isn't very happy about it.
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby B-Man » Sun Sep 28, 2003 2:52 pm

Miles Prower wrote:Oh and also, this is the point in the game where you can trigger the conversation with Maeda-san where he says how much he wants to cut Tom's hair.

Thanks for reminding me! I'll make sure to remember this time, so I'll always know to go talk to Maeda-san at this point in the game.

Miles Prower wrote:And Aoi-san says he sometimes uses the phone at the tobacco shop so he can make calls without his wife knowing....probably related to gambling as it says in his bio he's a keen gambler and Yoshie isn't very happy about it.

Haha, yeah. :D
B-Man
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Miles Prower » Tue Oct 07, 2003 4:03 pm

Heeheh, when you ask Tatsuya about Warehouse #8 he says "Hm, I don't know...maybe if you gave me 100 yen I'd remember" :lol:

And when ya ask Yuji, he mentions that someone stole the phone book at the Sakuragaoka phone box, and Ryo says "Yeah, some jerk's always doing that." =P
Oddly, when you ask Yuji again he says "Why don't you look in the phone book" twice, it's quite funny :lol:
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:32 pm

:lol:nice find miles
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby B-Man » Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:14 pm

Haha yeah, Tatsuya's always trying to get 100 yen from Ryo. :)
B-Man
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Miles Prower » Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:53 pm

Well I finally saw the scene where Fuku-san suggests looking in the phone book, it's quite funny. Ryo's like, "THE PHONE BOOK?!" :lol:

Oh, and be sure to ask people about Amihama. Tsuroaka-san tells you he used to work at the harbor when he was young("Well I'm still young, but...")

Also, Kurita-san mentions that he was considering taking Yuriko on a date there, to watch the sunset by the sea. Yuriko also mentions this when you talk to her.
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Oct 17, 2003 4:02 pm

And how about when you talk to Kurita-san when you ask him about where Oishi's Antique shop is and he says he say a nice pot and was thinking about getting it for Yuriko. And then Yuriko says she saw a really nice pot in The Antique Shop. What a coincidence eh?!
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby B-Man » Fri Oct 17, 2003 6:34 pm

Yeah, it's cool how anytime Kurita-san mentions Yuriko, if you talk to Yuriko, she says something about the same thing. So you get to hear both sides to every story.
B-Man
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Miles Prower » Sat Oct 18, 2003 7:07 am

Yep, it's quite fun to be nosey and follow the two's relationship =P
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Silas » Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:01 am

I've only managed that once. Yuriko always seems to be too busy to talk and Kurita only tries to sell Ryo stuff. I've heard him mention Yuriko once or twice but I can't get Yuriko to reciprocate.

Talk of funny moments, I think it's when Ryo is looking for the mirror. He talks to Fuku-san, and Fuku-san is all mature with his chin in his hand and says something like, "Hmmm.... two mirrors." Then he just gets this goofy look on his face like, "I have no idea what I'm talking about." For Brits he suddenly looks exactly like Father Dougal in Father Ted.
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby B-Man » Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:04 pm

You know, another Kurita/Yuriko conversation that I recall happens when you're looking for Heartbeats Bar (after making the pool shot at MJQ Jazz Bar). They both talk about how they went there on a date once, although I don't remember exactly what they said about it.

Also, you should talk to Kurita-san when you're looking for a cheap travel agency. You tell him that you're going to Hong Kong, and I think he tells you about how much it costs, and then Ryo says, "That much?" Then I think he tells you that he wants to go on a trip with Yuriko there, and Ryo says something like, "Well, I hope we all get there." I can't remember whether or not Yuriko says anything about it.
B-Man
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby RandomSegaFanboy » Mon Oct 20, 2003 2:47 pm

Ya know that scene in Shenmue the Movie where Iwao is talking to a younger Ryo about friends when they're kneeling in front of the "8 Principles of Yin and Yang" banner? I was curious, so I started a new game, went to the dojo, looked at the banner, and saw the scene. If it hadn't been for th e movie, I would have missed that little detail completely. Now when did this game come out? 3 years ago? That really says something for the game.
RandomSegaFanboy
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Sonikku » Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:52 pm

Yes I missed the same part until I read about it in gamefaqs.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Mestre Ziming » Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:31 pm

The scene of Fuku-san in the basement worked for me, it took about four hours to fuku-san come(game time) and when it happen was to me 3 am. ;)
Mestre Ziming

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue