Got any questions for a Shenmue game designer?

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Re: Got any questions for a Shenmue game designer?

Postby Screenwriter_Adam » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:29 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Screenwriter_Adam on Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Screenwriter_Adam
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: adam3855
Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Screenwriter_Adam » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:39 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Screenwriter_Adam on Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Screenwriter_Adam

Postby shengoro86 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:21 pm

wasnt this information supposed to remain private?
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby BlueMue » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:30 pm

Screenwriter_Adam wrote: ...an artist who created a beautiful woman character used his portrait texture as character's eyes reflection map. He secretly created the character as if she looked into him but the attempt was exposed in a meeting. Yu Suzuki totally agreed his creative idea but it was not to be in the build.

Should be this guy, he is seen in the reflection of the passport models eyes. The developer in the interview may have said that it didn't make it into the final build but apparently it still found it's way in.

I found the part where he wrote that they were harassed by the police at a train station very amusing. :D
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Screenwriter_Adam » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:21 am

He just responded saying he'll send over the answers to my other 3 questions soon. When soon is... I have no idea, so if I disappear again for a while, please don't think I'm just gone. I will be back at some point. I'll probably linger around for the next week at least to see what people think about the answers.

James -- the answers were supposed to be private, yes. I thought I'd post them up here for a short space of time at least considering the questions were actually decided by members of the forum and people have waited long enough. That said, I'd appreciate it if nobody publishes them elsewhere. I'm using his answers to write an article for a fairly big gaming magazine and obviously they wouldn't be too happy if they find out I've openly published them online.

Cheers.

Adam.
Screenwriter_Adam

Postby Screenwriter_Adam » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:26 am

Oh, and the 3 questions that he's yet to answer are:

1. How difficult was it for you to maintain the extremely high level of artistic integrity the game has? The game's dedication to detail and it's artistic vision still astounds.

9. What are your personal feelings on Shenmue. Do you think it was successful and delivered on it's original vision and aspiration?

10. Do you believe there is any chance of Shenmue 3 becoming a reality? And if it were to become one, would you like the chance to work with Yu Suzuki on it once more?
Screenwriter_Adam

Postby mue 26 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:16 am

Thank you Adam! And sorry for the doubt that was cast. You are da god. Some great answers there. And yeah Spindash is right, the guy hidden in Xuiying's eyes must be the guy in my sig! Brilliant. Very interesting to hear that they approached development as if it were an Arcade game.

I really hope he answers those last three questions, some great questions there (I wonder who the super fine word-smith who came up with them was, hmmm)

Sean, make sure to give Screen writer Adam a Hazuremashita in your overdue upcoming edition of 'The Scroll'.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Screenwriter_Adam » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:09 am

Hey Mue 26,

Cheers. No worries. I understand why people have doubts about me!

What interested me the most was the organization aspect of Shenmue. You don't usually hear a lot about that side. Also, would love to play that Saturn Version, no matter how small the playable area was!

Adam.
Screenwriter_Adam

Postby AM2 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:30 pm

Thank you Adam. Please send our appreciation out to Mr. Ogura ^_^.
AM2
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Life

Postby segatasan » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:17 pm

I still think he's a troll, a troll who's made up an e-mail read it carefully there isn't any 'new' information there you could quite easily fabricate it doing a little research into sega's staff then writing in a way which indicates someone has bad english... there is nothing which breaks new ground here!
segatasan

Currently playing: Fighters' Megamix

Postby mue 26 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:54 pm

It does also mention the guy in the eyes, the topic about which was bumped around the time Adam disappeared...surely a coincidence..right...RIGHT?
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Screenwriter_Adam » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:34 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Screenwriter_Adam on Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Screenwriter_Adam

Postby mrslig100 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:06 pm

I still remember was an artist who created a beautiful woman character used his portrait texture as character's eyes reflection map.

:rotflmao: Where have I heard this from?
mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Steam: mrslig100
Currently playing: shenmue 3 fandom

Postby Chiba-Kun » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:49 am

I wasn't going to post but I feel kind of obliged to say something. In the first post, about Shemue being tested at SEGA London... is fake.

Although not working at the London location, I have worked in a managerial position in the video game industry for the past 6 years. At the time he is purporting this was happening, it was not. I handled the quality assurance between SEGA studios and as such we have fairly comprehensive lists of available testers and the projects they are assigned to.

A two man team WAS working on Yakuza 3/4. This test requires 2 people because it is simply a quick localization check, all functional QA and translation is done in Japan. If anything, it is likely his friend seen this.

And in general, I am somewhat dubious about this. I am by no means a Shenmue Diehard, but I know all of this information already.
Chiba-Kun

Postby Screenwriter_Adam » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:51 am

Deleted
Last edited by Screenwriter_Adam on Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Screenwriter_Adam

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue