Very bad news

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Postby Ryo Hazukki » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:46 am

Krattle wrote:I have to agree. Unless you are just making Sakuragaoka there's no way anyone could handle this game. If you plan on modeling all of the same environments seen in Shenmue then you had better split it the same way they did in the game. You had also better make some big decisions about what needs to be modeled and what can be more effectively achieved with a texture, e.g. nuts and bolts or the entire interior of a car. Just black out the windows like they did in the game. Not to mention you'll never finish if you try to maintain that level of detail - you'll just burn yourself out.

If we all had 12 GB RAM and 4 state-of-the-art graphics cards and a 3.8 GHz overclocked quad-core processor, then I would say go ahead, put as much f***ing detail in the game as you want, but no one owns that kind of comp. I wish we could all own comps like that so we could play games that detailed.

In 15 years when his game is finished, I'm pretty sure we'll all be able to run it. Don't you worry your pretty little head.
Ryo Hazukki
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby 2ndOpp » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:06 am

I don't want to take attention away from the Mass mailing going on right now, but as soon as Dec. 29th hits, I will add a Shenmue Homebrew section to the myspace and see if I can track some talent down for this.
2ndOpp
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby JoePesci » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:57 am

Hahaha, this is moderately neat-o.
JoePesci
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Joey Bassist Dude » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:17 pm

does it have programmers yet?
Joey Bassist Dude