cool, i like the guilin pics iwao!
ShenmueAddict
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: Patrickingham2
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Fallout: New Vegas

Postby Paul » Fri May 30, 2003 1:05 pm

Yeah, the guilin pics are especially striking! Also, I've seen some of the yokosuka pics before, and if you look close at a sign in dobuita, you can read... the url for dobuitas official site! http://www.dobuita-st.com/ I suppose that wanting to see these pics is kinda one of those sad geeky things that we all try to hide, but if it makes us happy!
Paul
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby MidnightGamer » Sat May 31, 2003 10:31 am

Those are some goods pics, where'd u find them?
MidnightGamer
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Jimmy3000 » Sat May 31, 2003 1:58 pm

well i saw this topic and saw that i had microsoft atlas on my cd rack... i though it mite be interresting to put in some of the shenmue places and see what came up. i was typin places like guilin etc and well jsut found some info but clikc on the web thing and it put me on this page... i think it helps if ur have a hotmail account to see some of it:
http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/refpages/ ... =461567902 . Here you can view a full 360 picture type thing and see the full landscape of guilin. Looks alot like in the game =P
http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/ ... =701512813 .Here you can see a map of guilin where u can zoom in and out etc
I tried typin in miao (off that loading screen some ripped out of the game) there are a few places by that name in china but i think miao is the name of the people there or sumfin =/ anyway i gtg... see what you guys can find on that site by typin in kowloon etc
Jimmy3000
Asia Travel Representative

Postby IwaoHazuki » Sun Jun 01, 2003 5:47 pm

Jimmy3000 wrote:well i saw this topic and saw that i had microsoft atlas on my cd rack... i though it mite be interresting to put in some of the shenmue places and see what came up. i was typin places like guilin etc and well jsut found some info but clikc on the web thing and it put me on this page... i think it helps if ur have a hotmail account to see some of it:
http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/refpages/ ... =461567902 . Here you can view a full 360 picture type thing and see the full landscape of guilin. Looks alot like in the game =P
http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/ ... =701512813 .Here you can see a map of guilin where u can zoom in and out etc
I tried typin in miao (off that loading screen some ripped out of the game) there are a few places by that name in china but i think miao is the name of the people there or sumfin =/ anyway i gtg... see what you guys can find on that site by typin in kowloon etc

That is some good stuff! :D
IwaoHazuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: Segaw
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Wavemaster Zea » Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:44 pm

They are the best looking environments I've ever seen in a game. Detail is found in every direction.

Mmm.. besides Guilin and the harbor of Aberdeen (with Wong's boat), majority of the areas in Shenmue I are much more similar to the areas they represent.

Something cool: After playing through Guilin in Shenmue II, I got the opportunity to do a report on it in my World History class. If I had saved it, I would totally post it.. The thing everyone liked most, though, was the fact they ate snakes / dogs.
Wavemaster Zea
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby §henmue-maniaC » Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:03 am

Ren of Heavas do you have to have those massive pics of lara in your posts it slows down the topics like shit. whats the point in them being so big why not make them smaller.
§henmue-maniaC
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Veteah » Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:22 am

Here's a map of most of Dobuita

It looks quite similer to the game.
Veteah
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Shenmueplaya » Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:09 am

Amazing man, I really want to visit Japan and China and I'll be sure to stop by these places. ;)
Shenmueplaya
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Jacob Marley » Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:33 pm

Hey look...it's Ryo's jacket (the brown one in the center of the topmost picture) for sale in this Dobuita clothing store!

;) Image
Jacob Marley
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Darkly » Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:46 am

Wow this so cool, i didn't know the game was so close to how it really looks. Now i must really go to guilin and Dobuita and all those places. Especially Guilin. Loved that place in the game.
Darkly
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby ChaiOgawa » Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:10 am

I wish I could go to japan but I probably will never get the chance too.
ChaiOgawa

Postby KOS-MOS » Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:53 pm

I remember seeing these places ^_^ Simply beautiful and it's amazing how well they have captured these places in Shenmue. Definitely places I would love to visit :jump:
KOS-MOS

Postby Cpt. Ultimate K Prime » Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:48 pm

Man... that picture of Aberdeen with all the junk boats looks IDENTICAL to Shenmue II :o
Cpt. Ultimate K Prime
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Shenmueplaya » Sat Jun 14, 2003 5:20 pm

Nice picture Jacob. Maybe Ryo really did buy the jacket from one of the guys in the area. lol
Shenmueplaya
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue