The Shenmue Passport

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Postby ëéè » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:59 pm

I emailed Sega HAHAHA! you actually expect them to give you an answer?
ëéè
Master of the Three Blades

Postby RyoHazuki1987 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:03 pm

Beck wrote:Has anyone emailed Sega about this yet?

I really wanna try this out... might get it hooked up when i have some free time.

Whoa, Beck's on the Shenmue Dojo. Nice to see you here, it's been awhile.
RyoHazuki1987
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Beck » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:33 pm

Greasy wrote:I emailed Sega HAHAHA! you actually expect them to give you an answer?

No harm in trying is there?

And yeah i'm here :P ;)
Beck
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby ëéè » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:38 pm

I did yesterday, no reply yet. But I did get a confirmation of sending it from them.
ëéè

Postby NeoShredder » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:45 pm

alimn wrote:First removing Shenmue.com copyright to 2006
Then updating passport that I really must go and test it now.
What will be next?

I guess coming both Shenmue I & II DC to live arcade feauture and fininshing the saga on 360 :!:

And then I get a million dollars and a new Ferrari. 8)
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Yutaka Suzuki » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:01 pm

another great sign :)

the first one was the copyright of the site then we have this

Oh My God :P What is going to be Next ?
Yutaka Suzuki
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby VMan » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:06 pm

Sakuragaoka wrote:
lovemetal07 wrote:just tell us, christ

8) それは見ての楽しみ!;)

日本語がぺらぺらですか。
VMan
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby negora » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:34 pm

"passport.shenmue.com" seems to be down again... :/

PD: LOL Again it's up. Weird uh?
negora
Asia Travel Representative

Postby LanDC » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:21 pm

There is something incredibly wrong with this. Sakuragaoka, what have you done? I'm beginning to think this so-called "Passport Resurrection" is no resurrection, nor does it have anything to do with SEGA whatsoever.

All right, first of all, this "Sakuragaoka" guy is an odd one. Days before he signed up as Sakuragaoka, he also signed up as Mr. Zero, TOP CAT, and Giwara, three names of Muecas members: http://shenmue.com/muecas/000.html. After doing a little research, it was clear the same person signed up as all three accounts, because he always uses the same "enccompany" e-mail account for every account. A real Muecas member? Not hardly.

Take a look. http://www2.sega.co.jp/bbs/article/s/shenmue/12/nwcocd/nwcocd.html#nwcocd some clown appeared on the official Shenmue BBS a while back trying to offer a Spanish section for the site. Ah! Guess what... the link to his site is on ENCCOMPANY.com. http://enccompany.iwarp.com/shenmue_com_main.htm. Enccompany... Ring any bell? The same as the e-mail account Sakuragaoka, and his other 3 egos had. So why was he so persistent to sign up using the name of a Muecas member? But this guy's strangeness doesn't end there. He also posted in the official BBS later as "BBS管理人", pretending to be BBS staff, saying, "新しいシェンムーIIIBBSです." meaning "This is the Shenmue III BBS" or something like that. http://www2.sega.co.jp/bbs/article/s/shenmue/16/wiftil/wiftil.html#wiftil. And his reason for making this confusing post was this: http://www2.sega.co.jp/bbs/article/s/shenmue/16/wiftil/ynqitl.html#ynqitl

"BBS_People
Kiyuu, sorry... mmm... What I can say you? That day I was really bored and decepcioned because that person "BBS管理人", never post something diferent than "新しいシェンムーBBSです", I was trying to give some hope to the Shenmue players here, but I confused the persons. Please forgive me. Wasn't my intention. Please tell to they, the real "BBS管理人" uses a special color in their posts. Please continue supporting Shenmue, because with your actions you keep alive our hope.... Thanks for all your help, maybe I'll never post something here and this will be better for all. Please forgive me again."

So you like to pretend to be SEGA staff and give Shenmue players "hope," eh, Sakuragaoka? Interesting. So you're doing it again? I've noticed something very odd about the timing of this Passport "resurrection," which really makes him look guilty of setting this up somehow. Just hours before he posted the topic about the Passport coming back, he posted this topic, asking if anyone had the Shenmue Goodies: http://shenmue.planets.gamespy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29094 Ah, funny! Hiiiiilarious. SOME of the VMU Goodies were available for download on the Passport again, which so happened to be the SAME ones that are available on the site Kiyuu linked him to. Very interesting. If SEGA were really updating it, they could have easily restored all 300+ of them at once, not just 180 of them.

Another fishy thing... Before the site folders in passport.shenmue.com became hidden, it said the files were uploaded early Feb. 22nd, which was just a few hours before he made this topic. He decided to go through all the trouble of linking his PC to DC to get online to view the Passport,(as he stated before he doesn't even have a dial-up connection) just to view the Passport's online features HOURS after they update it. WOW! Perfect timing? I think NOT! And I also noticed his name was active in the forums during the time the folders I linked to became hidden. That's because he saw my links and wanted to prevent me from snooping around his "plan."

How exactly he got access to passport.shenmue.com, I don't know, but the few files that were restored were easily obtainable files that someone like himself could have gotten. Why the hell would SEGA bring the U.S. version back first? And why the hell would they use that same broken English line on the update for the Japanese version? If you look in the Passport's 1st_read.bin file with a hex editor, you can see every directory to passport.shenmue.com where it reads the data from, and the only difference between the different versions is one folder name. The files for the U.S. version are in the folder "passport_us," while Japan's is "passport_jp" and "passport_eu" for European. All he had to do was create these additional folders and dump these files into them, and VOILA! Now users with those versions can download these same files.

I am HIGHLY disappointed with this. I want answers, Sakuragaoka, and I want them now. I'm sure everyone else does too. I know this isn't the official work of SEGA, so don't even try to play me.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby geno » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:34 pm

Wow, I was actually excited about this. Guess Sakuragaoka just wanted to "give some hope to the Shenmue players here". Anyway, good job exposing him LanDC. This did seem pretty suspicious from the start, and I'm actually quite dissapointed that it wasn't real.

Sakuragaoka: No matter what your intention was, you're an asshole. Fuck you.

Edit: Maybe something should be put on the main page to explain this, instead of removing the news completely.
geno
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby LanDC » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:57 pm

geno wrote:Edit: Maybe something should be put on the main page to explain this, instead of removing the news completely.

I will after he decides to give an explanation.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby cApNhOwDy » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:58 pm

I wish I could delete every post I made on these forums.
Last edited by cApNhOwDy on Sat May 23, 2009 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cApNhOwDy
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby negora » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:58 pm

Enccompany writes in the SEGA Com board... I hope he doesn't try to joke us.

LanDC: What worried me was the coincidence of dates. Only that. Anyway, Do you think it's sometjing like spuffing? Congrats for the investigations too ;) .
negora

Postby Lan Di-sama » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:03 pm

What a pisser :(
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby krbrunn » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:08 pm

Ah here I was all hopeful for a minute.

ANYWAY, lol my site was the one he stole all the goodies from, I remember adding all those to my site over the course of hours and hours before the passport went offline.

I can easily zip these all up and send them to the site owner here (whoever that is, im not sure) so they can be posted here if you want. Easier then downloading them all thats for sure. And I thought I deleted that page when I moved them all to my new site... Which I will go do now ;)
krbrunn
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue