tnx 4 all ,i'm leaving .
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Postby BlueMue » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:56 pm

Hello Shenmue Dojo Forums!

I'm sorry that I have to bump this topic again but i really need help with this glitch. I couldn't get it to work no matter how often I tried it.
I read the description and watched the video about 20 times each and I still haven't succeeded in triggering this glitch.
I tried it with all my version of Shenmue. I tried the european version, the japanese version, the american version and also tried it with U.S. Shenmue. I even tried it with my european press release but it's always the same result.
Ryo does not do the airwalk, he just trips a bit at the top steps.

Seeing how none of the version work I'm either doing terribly wrong or it's just not possible with a european (german to be precisely) Dreamcast.
So I'm gonna ask some question about the procedure.

- Does it matter on wich disc I do it?
- Does anything in-game like the day or time matter?
- Do I have to walk down the whole steps or can I start from the middle?
- Do I have to keep pressing the d-pad on the stairs or can Ryo walk them down automatically?

Thats all for now. I hope you can help me to make Ryo walk in the air too. :D
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiyuu » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:15 pm

SpinDash wrote:Hello Shenmue Dojo Forums!

I'm sorry that I have to bump this topic again but i really need help with this glitch. I couldn't get it to work no matter how often I tried it.
I read the description and watched the video about 20 times each and I still haven't succeeded in triggering this glitch.
I tried it with all my version of Shenmue. I tried the european version, the japanese version, the american version and also tried it with U.S. Shenmue. I even tried it with my european press release but it's always the same result.
Ryo does not do the airwalk, he just trips a bit at the top steps.

Seeing how none of the version work I'm either doing terribly wrong or it's just not possible with a european (german to be precisely) Dreamcast.
So I'm gonna ask some question about the procedure.

- Does it matter on wich disc I do it?
- Does anything in-game like the day or time matter?
- Do I have to walk down the whole steps or can I start from the middle?
- Do I have to keep pressing the d-pad on the stairs or can Ryo walk them down automatically?

Thats all for now. I hope you can help me to make Ryo walk in the air to. :D

Apparently, you're doing some part wrong, as other people have succeeded with any version.
If you've seen Ryo trip at the steps, you should be almost there to succeed, I suppose.
Do you release the trigger once Ryo starts dashing? If you keep pulling it, he wouldn't be stuck
in the stairs and passes the point. So, release it quickly! Hope this will solve your problem.

Anyway, here's the answers to your questions:
- You can trigger it on any disc.
- You can trigger it at any time, on any day.
- You can start from the middle, as I said.
- Let Ryo walk down the stairs automatically.

BTW, welcome to the Dojo! Good luck! :)
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby BlueMue » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:34 pm

Yes, I always release the trigger directly after ryo starts turning around. It's like just tapping the trigger. I also tried to hold it down for a short or a very short time so i get different timings but that doesn't change much.
I watched your video very often and I think I can almost copy the timing of the steps before the dashing perfectly.
I tried many other timings as well but the only thing that changes is the way how Ryo trips.
Sometimes Ryo trips a little bit harder and sometimes he just takes the steps like normal.

I really don't know what my problem is or where I'm doing something wrong. Maybe I'm cursed or something. :lol:
Anyway thank you for your answer.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Previous

Return to Shenmue