Dobuita Magic 1: How to make Ryo walk in the air

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Postby BadAndy311 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:06 am

Just for the heck of it, I did a search to see if I could find any more info on this glitch, and I did come across something similar you can do in the residential area. Quoted from here:

"Go towards where your friend with the yellow jacket lives and go up the stairs. Wait in the middle of the flight of stairs until someone is coming down and someone is going up the stairs. You will become stuck. Keep moving around, and you should walk out on to the air. Note: This works best at night. You cannot use it to get to hidden areas and is difficult to do."

Has anyone ever tried this before? It isn't very specific, unfortunately. Who is the friend with the yellow jacket? Mrs. Kondo? I went over to her place, but there is no flight of stairs anywhere nearby. Is there someone else I'm not thinking of?

I also wasn't sure what it meant by waiting in the middle of the stairs, since you don't have that ability in this game. Unless the stairs in question are actually split in two, with a little flat area in between.

I guess it would also help to know the schedules of the residents in the area, so that maybe you could pinpoint the exact moment when you need to be on the stairs, just as someone is trying to go up and someone else is trying to go down. Can anyone shed any light on this whole thing?
BadAndy311
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Kiyuu » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:37 am

BadAndy311 wrote:Just for the heck of it, I did a search to see if I could find any more info on this glitch, and I did come across something similar you can do in the residential area. Quoted from here:

"Go towards where your friend with the yellow jacket lives and go up the stairs. Wait in the middle of the flight of stairs until someone is coming down and someone is going up the stairs. You will become stuck. Keep moving around, and you should walk out on to the air. Note: This works best at night. You cannot use it to get to hidden areas and is difficult to do."

Has anyone ever tried this before? It isn't very specific, unfortunately. Who is the friend with the yellow jacket? Mrs. Kondo? I went over to her place, but there is no flight of stairs anywhere nearby. Is there someone else I'm not thinking of?

I also wasn't sure what it meant by waiting in the middle of the stairs, since you don't have that ability in this game. Unless the stairs in question are actually split in two, with a little flat area in between.

I guess it would also help to know the schedules of the residents in the area, so that maybe you could pinpoint the exact moment when you need to be on the stairs, just as someone is trying to go up and someone else is trying to go down. Can anyone shed any light on this whole thing?

Interesting! I've never heard of this one. I should try this some time. 8)

Anyway, Ryo's "friend with the yellow jacket" is Ichiro Sakurada who lives in Yamanose.
His area is located between Hazuki residence and Yamanose Shrine. The stairs leading
to the area are indeed split in two.

Thank you for the information! :)
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby BadAndy311 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:39 pm

You're welcome! And thank you for clearing some things up for me as well! Please let me know if you are able to get it to work. I'm going to go try it again myself now that I know where I'm supposed to be! :lol:
BadAndy311
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Staplerfahrer Klaus » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:08 pm

I did it earlier, it's pretty fun. Unfortunately, I had to do it twice. Enoki and his dipshit friend ruined my first airwalking experience. Bah.

Thanks for the info, Kiyuu. I'm looking forward to the next instalments.
Staplerfahrer Klaus
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby BadAndy311 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:05 am

You got my thing to work? or Kiyuu's?
BadAndy311
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby dbzruler88 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:09 am

Kiyuu wrote:I'm glad to know more people have succeeded. :D

So, nobody had a problem? :?:

slight problem here.........

i no longer have a dreamcast...my brother broke it so i am now unable to try it...
dbzruler88
Atheist Activist
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: jeremylovesanna
XBL: jeremylovesanna
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0

Postby Staplerfahrer Klaus » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:33 am

BadAndy311 wrote:You got my thing to work? or Kiyuu's?

Kiyuu's. I don't think I have the patience for your thing.
Staplerfahrer Klaus
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kiyuu » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:49 pm

BadAndy311 wrote:You're welcome! And thank you for clearing some things up for me as well! Please let me know if you are able to get it to work. I'm going to go try it again myself now that I know where I'm supposed to be! :lol:

I tried it, but had no success. As far as I know, we see only two people use that stairs;
Ichiro and Noriko. Unlike Ichiro who lives in the area, Noriko uses them just once, that
is the first day of the game. She is downstairs talking with Ichiro until 6:30 pm, so I was
waiting for her to come up the stairs in the middle of the stairs. Since she didn't move
while I was there, I retreated to the top of the stairs. Then, when I saw she came up
the stairs, I went forward to meet her in the middle. At first she stopped as my Ryo was
on her way, but while my Ryo was trying to move around, she passed through Ryo... :(

As for Ichiro, he comes back home around 10:20 at night. As he wouldn't come down
the stairs if you're waiting for him in the middle of the stairs, you should wait at the
bottom. I went up the stairs when Ichiro started coming down. He also stopped when
Ryo blocked his way, but he went through while Ryo was struggling. :x
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby tatsuya » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:02 pm

I can't go higher with other stairs, I always reach the second floor, how do you do that?
tatsuya
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Kiyuu » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:41 am

tatsuya wrote:I can't go higher with other stairs, I always reach the second floor, how do you do that?

Did you see my second video? I believe it's obvious how I do it. :?
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby tatsuya » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:04 pm

Yes of course!
But I can't stop him on stairs, as he automatically reaches the second floor before he stops.

In waiting of answers, I keep trying, though.
tatsuya

Postby Kiyuu » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:26 pm

tatsuya wrote:Yes of course!
But I can't stop him on stairs, as he automatically reaches the second floor before he stops.

In waiting of answers, I keep trying, though.

Ryo shouldn't go up the stairs automatically when he's in the air. Are you sure
your Ryo was already walking in the air before going up the stairs?
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby tatsuya » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:45 pm

Yes I did the 1st glitch before,
BUT
I was running just before the stairs, that's why it didn't work...
That was too simple in fact :)

Kiyuu sorry about that and thank you for your quick answers.
tatsuya

Postby wude » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:08 pm

tnx kiyuu, the first part is working but the second not .hte videos are really useful.
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Postby ShenGCH » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:32 pm

fine'n'dandy wrote:tnx kiyuu, the first part is working but the second not .hte videos are really useful.

Please don't *bump old topics. I know you're new, but it gets a bit annoying. Welcome to the Dojo, as well :P.

*bump - posting a reply on a topic that has been out of action for some time.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue