When ya first got shenmue I ......

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

When ya first got shenmue I ......

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:49 am

When you first bought Shenmue I, what did you think of the game when you first popped the cd into the dreamcast???
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby NeoShredder » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:53 am

I thought the game was an absoulte piece of shit, the worst game ever played. I was so pissed off I threw the motherfucking case(s) out the window. However, since there where FOUR GD-FATASS-ROMS in those cases, it landed on some chav kid's head ,and gave him concussion. The chav and the game go well together, because they're both slow, and gay. Then pigs flew.

And then I joined Shenmue Dojo and made tons of fan-based content based on Shenmue, and am now on tenderhooks to play Shenmue III.

Yep, that game was SO Shit.
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby JoeMDesign » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:07 pm

I had already played it before so I spent my afternoon cleaning up my bro's drool while he played.
JoeMDesign
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:45 pm

When i first got the game, i thought it was just going to be a regular old rpg. But as i progressed through the game, i knew i was wrong. :)
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:49 pm

i was watching this show that was about video games and they passed Shenmue.so i decided to pick it up.once i started playing it i found it to be to damn hard.i couldnt even find Yamagashi-san which took me a day :P
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby JoeMDesign » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:25 am

lol... n00b! :lol:
JoeMDesign
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Hazuki Legend » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:17 pm

I remember a friend of mine talking about it before release date and i thought it's gotta be a pretty good game cos he's blabbering on about it. Anyway he got it on release date and i was at his house when he started playing it, he got to the point where he was looking for Charlie in a few hours and i decided to go straight to the shop and get my own one.
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: Dan Whale 89

Postby rhubarb505 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:45 pm

When I first played shenmue I was so impressed with the opening cinematic that once it was finished I turned off my dc, made some popcorn, shut off the lights, and then watched it again.
rhubarb505
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Piscareous » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:17 pm

I got shenmue from a freind of mine. (The best present ever). I had never played a game like it before. I would routinly just hang around and explore the world. I love that world! :D
Piscareous
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Ryo Phoenix » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:28 am

I got Shenmue 1 about a few months after launch and it is still my favoirte game ever. I remember playing it all day and it was so fun.
Ryo Phoenix
Asia Travel Representative

Postby the_saga_begins » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:17 am

i got it off my uncle a while after it had been released and never heard of it but he said it was great so i gave it a go and the moment i so iwao and lan di fighting i was like yea this really is something special
the_saga_begins

Postby Twist » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:28 pm

I got mine on release day when i got home from school, in the post.
I played it til 4am the next day.
I played it for nearly 12hours, i feat i doubt ive achieved since or before then.
no joke
Twist
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Silas » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:55 am

What Twist said, except substitute "work" for "school". I'd seen a preview which so impressed me (there was also something mystically attractive about the name "Shenmue" as well - I immediately and for the next two years pronounced it "Shen-moo-ay") that I immediately pre-ordered it for delivery from Amazon. Then in the week of release, I saw some bad (or rather, a little bit disappointed) reviews that mentioned the game's linearity of main storyline. So I nearly cancelled, but in fact it arrived a day early or something, and I thought, "What the hell, let's give it a go." And about 3am realtime I finally stopped and went to bed. :D Incidentally, it was 6pm shentime on the first day before I even got out of the house - I went round examining absolutely everything - every drawer, every door. Then I went out of the house and it was night time, I never saw daylight on my first ever day in Shenmue!
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Saya » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:08 am

i received this game on my birthday, a game on top of my wishlist for 2 months after its release. It had already been reviewed in the dc uk magazined and knew already it to be rewarding. I was amazed by its music, sounds, interaction and the japanese influences, i loved it ,i was hooked on shenmue passport for a long time.
Saya

Postby Cyberman » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:08 pm

I got this game way back in Christmas 2000. At first I was a total n00b and got lost. At first, I couldn't find the old lady's house.
Cyberman
Sailor
"Keep Friends"

Next

Return to Shenmue