Ren's high score

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Ren's high score

Postby Axm » Sun May 04, 2003 7:55 pm

did you know that Ren has a high score in hang on in the you-arcade.
cool huh.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Forklift#5 » Sun May 04, 2003 8:10 pm

so i'm told
Forklift#5
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Julio III » Sun May 04, 2003 8:27 pm

indeed
and apparantely ppl appear in the crystal ball was it joy that someone said???)
Julio III
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Re: Ren's high score

Postby MattyHAZUKI » Mon May 05, 2003 8:46 am

AxM wrote:did you know that Ren has a high score in hang on in the you-arcade.
cool huh.

I thought every one knew that :?
MattyHAZUKI
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Miles Prower » Mon May 05, 2003 9:36 am

Julio III wrote:indeed
and apparantely ppl appear in the crystal ball was it joy that someone said???)

You can see Shenhua in the ball if you go to Lapis after you get fired. Ask her to show you the Future ^_^
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Juanfran » Tue May 06, 2003 5:02 am

Oh yeah, I saw that
Juanfran
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ChaiOgawa » Tue May 06, 2003 4:07 pm

Thats not cool if it were joy than that would be cool because you already see Shenhua in your dreams, wouldnt he kind of remember her. I mean if you see someone in your dreams that you dont know and then see her wouldnt it instinctivley come to mind?
ChaiOgawa

Postby Miles Prower » Wed May 07, 2003 4:50 am

ChaiOgawa wrote:Thats not cool if it were joy than that would be cool because you already see Shenhua in your dreams, wouldnt he kind of remember her. I mean if you see someone in your dreams that you dont know and then see her wouldnt it instinctivley come to mind?

Yah, I was really surprised he didn't recognise her. :?
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby T1249NTSCJØ » Wed May 07, 2003 6:47 am

Good point I thought the same as well, hopefully Sega will shed some light on his dreams.
T1249NTSCJØ
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Juanfran » Wed May 07, 2003 7:38 am

he doesn't recognise her because he doesn't remember her. The dreams drift through his consciousness and out the other end
Juanfran
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby James Brown » Wed May 07, 2003 12:35 pm

Well, i've said this before, but how can you be sure that there are dreams?

I know they happen when Ryo goes to sleep, but really, no one can be fully certain that they're dreams. They might just be short cutscenes for the gamer, cause you'd have thought Ryo would say something like 'woh, what a strange dream' or something when he woke up. And if you remember the actual dream of Lan Di at the start of the game is completely different than these 'dreams' - (however that was a nightmare).

Also, note the little cutscene you get when you show that woman the Phoenix mirror. Ryo just doesn't blackout and have a dream while she's talking, it's a cutscene - but Shenhua's there.

So I just think that they are small cutscenes reminding you off this mysterous woman, cause they are really the only times we get to see Shenhua.
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby ChaiOgawa » Wed May 07, 2003 2:55 pm

Well yea ive thought of that too but the way that they are displayed you would just assume that they are dreams and thats what i think they tried to make them unless im completley wrong HAHAHAHA
ChaiOgawa

Postby Miles Prower » Thu May 08, 2003 3:13 am

James Brown wrote:Well, i've said this before, but how can you be sure that there are dreams?

I know they happen when Ryo goes to sleep, but really, no one can be fully certain that they're dreams. They might just be short cutscenes for the gamer, cause you'd have thought Ryo would say something like 'woh, what a strange dream' or something when he woke up. And if you remember the actual dream of Lan Di at the start of the game is completely different than these 'dreams' - (however that was a nightmare).

Also, note the little cutscene you get when you show that woman the Phoenix mirror. Ryo just doesn't blackout and have a dream while she's talking, it's a cutscene - but Shenhua's there.

So I just think that they are small cutscenes reminding you off this mysterous woman, cause they are really the only times we get to see Shenhua.

I guess you're right, the only time we can be sure he's dreaming is when Shenhua warns him about the dragon descending on him(basically, warning you to hurry the heck up or you'll trigger the bad ending), and Ryo wakes up and says "A..dream?" What date does that dream occur anyway? I only saw it because it's in the Shenmue movie, I never actually bothered to try and get it myself.
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Juanfran » Thu May 08, 2003 4:30 am

I think it happens a week before the bad ending
Juanfran
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Return to Shenmue