Once again, it's true!

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Once again, it's true!

Postby James Brown » Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:20 pm

I've just completed Shenmue 1 again, and yet again, something new happened! - Isn't this game just kickass? 8)

I got this scene that I don't think anyone has mentioned before, altough i'm not sure :? .

What I believe triggers it, is if you don't pick up the picture of Iwao in the Hazuki Basement.

It's a scene involving Ryo and Fuku-san. Fuku-san enters Ryo's room and tells Ryo to look at what he found in the basement. He hands over the photo of Iwao. A few questions are asked, but no answers found out.

If you've never seen it before, it occurs when you get home after the 70 man battle.

Just thought i'd share ;)
Last edited by James Brown on Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby T1249NTSCJØ » Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:22 pm

Oh cool, I only wish all cutscenes were saved in the passport rather than a few selected.
T1249NTSCJØ
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Gattsu » Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:26 pm

I must play it again, I'm yet to get the scene were Ryo's friends come over to visit him at his house.
Gattsu
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby James Brown » Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:26 pm

T1249NTSCJØ wrote:Oh cool, I only wish all cutscenes were saved in the passport rather than a few selected.

Yeh that would be cool, and with some kind of option to just play them all in one go rather than 'play, menu, play, menu'.

Although it would be hell getting them all!

You know, i've played Shenmue like 16 times through, and not once have I been able to get all the movies and at the same time have all the music collection.

Like today, completed, I was like 'yes!', cause I got all the movies, then I went into the music section, scrolled all the way down the list - one song missing. How pissed off was I!?...
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Axm » Sat Jul 26, 2003 5:50 pm

haha
great find, ive never seen that and ive playn shenmue through 9 times
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Alsheimer » Sat Jul 26, 2003 5:58 pm

I've seen this scene before.
Alsheimer
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Araviel » Sat Jul 26, 2003 6:06 pm

I've never seen this scene before, nice find JB! :D
*Runs off to try and trigger it*
Araviel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Re: Once again, it's true!

Postby Daemos » Sat Jul 26, 2003 6:34 pm

James Brown wrote:I got this scene that I don't think anyone has mentioned before, altough i'm not sure :? .

What I believe triggers it, is if you don't pick up the picture of Iwao in the Hazuki Basement.

It's a scene involving Ryo and Fuku-san. Fuku-san enters Ryo's room and tells Ryo to look at what he found in the basement. He hands over the photo of Iwao. A few questions are asked, but no answers found out.

If you've never seen it before, it occurs when you get home after the 70 man battle.

Dude!! I love you (no homo jokes please)! MUST.... PUT....SHENMUE IN DC... MUST... PLAY........
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Re: Once again, it's true!

Postby James Brown » Sat Jul 26, 2003 6:39 pm

whiteShadow wrote:
James Brown wrote:I got this scene that I don't think anyone has mentioned before, altough i'm not sure :? .

Dude!! I love you (no homo jokes please)! MUST.... PUT....SHENMUE IN DC... MUST... PLAY........

Glad I could bring more love into this world... :D
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Only Child » Sat Jul 26, 2003 6:42 pm

Gattsu wrote:I must play it again, I'm yet to get the scene were Ryo's friends come over to visit him at his house.

Wow, I've never heard of that. I've just started playing Shenmue I again, I'd love to see that. Any idea of how to get it, or when it happens?
Only Child
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby etjester » Sat Jul 26, 2003 6:43 pm

thats kickass jb.
etjester
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby James Brown » Sat Jul 26, 2003 7:11 pm

Ice Warm wrote:
Gattsu wrote:I must play it again, I'm yet to get the scene were Ryo's friends come over to visit him at his house.

Wow, I've never heard of that. I've just started playing Shenmue I again, I'd love to see that. Any idea of how to get it, or when it happens?

Taken from Shenmue Legend -

'This is a cut scene that most people seem to miss. Your friends, Naoyuki Ito and Ichiro visit you at your house and you chat in the lounge. To get it you need to go to Yokosuka Bar after 7pm the day after Nozomi's cut scene in the Sakuragaoka Park on disc two. This is around the time you are learning and trying to get in the New Warehouse #8. In the Bar, Akemi will tell you that Fuku-san called and that your friends are waiting at your house. Then you are taken there and the cut-scene starts.'

If I remember rightly, you can get this scene up until the sword handguard section of the game. Just make sure to go to the bar right at the start of the disc anyways ;) !
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby etjester » Sat Jul 26, 2003 7:27 pm

yeah, that one's easy to miss. I try to do it early on disk 2 to make sure i dont miss it.
etjester
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby BackinBlack » Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:09 pm

Yeah I got that scene totally by accident one time. Just forgot to pick up the photo :roll:
BackinBlack
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby ChaiOgawa » Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:18 pm

I saw this scene for the first time last time I completed it, I thought I might say something but I thought maybe I was the only one who hasnt seen it yet.
ChaiOgawa

Next

Return to Shenmue