70-men Battle

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

70-men Battle

Postby Shuu » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:10 pm

My best time I got is 8:02.

And had any of you guys tried leaving the first boss till you get 40 kills, to get the second boss, and lasting to 65 for the final boss?

I tried to keep the 20-kill-boss till 37 kills but he died =(. The little guys are just so annoying - running away from me while the boss clings around me.

Also I can't do the grab where you go like > << Y+B X, I can't time the X properly - I just skip back and nothing happens.
Shuu
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby HappyKillmore » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:30 am

I briefly remember beating it in about 7 minutes, through constant sprinting and tornado kicks. I tend to avoid the bosses too, for as long as possible.
Last edited by HappyKillmore on Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HappyKillmore
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: big_g_mcfc
XBL: DerK0mmissar
Steam: kingkong001
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: With Myself

Postby ShenGCH » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:32 am

If I remember correctly, my time was about 10 minutes, 12 seconds. Pretty slow, as you can see :P.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Shenmue_Saga » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:17 am

7 minutes and 10 seconds.
Shenmue_Saga
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: GM-Shenmue
XBL: GM Shenmue
Steam: gmshenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 0

Re: 70-men Battle

Postby Kiyuu » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:29 pm

Shuu wrote:My best time I got is 8:02.

And had any of you guys tried leaving the first boss till you get 40 kills, to get the second boss, and lasting to 65 for the final boss?

I tried to keep the 20-kill-boss till 37 kills but he died =(. The little guys are just so annoying - running away from me while the boss clings around me.

Also I can't do the grab where you go like > << Y+B X, I can't time the X properly - I just skip back and nothing happens.

You can see Satoshi Nagata, the 2nd boss with a stick, beats two other bosses in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiefNwHzbSc

BTW, welcome to the Dojo!
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby ShenGCH » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:01 pm

Kiyuu wrote:
Shuu wrote:My best time I got is 8:02.

You can see Satoshi Nagata, the 2nd boss with a stick, beats two other bosses in this video:

Man, I always hated that sub-boss - because he's at such a distance from you, and always manages to hit you with that stick. The sound it makes when it hits you is annoying too :P.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby dbzruler88 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:48 pm

1 minute 30 seconds.....it was tough but i got it down.....i guess i'll tell you my secret....i just adapted some moves from shenmue online and kamehameha'd through the guys....it was pretty easy cuz i took like 20 guys out with one blast.
dbzruler88
Atheist Activist
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: jeremylovesanna
XBL: jeremylovesanna
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0

Postby Dayno » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:58 pm

I can remember mine being pretty good, im sure between the 5 and 6 minute mark (after extensive constant play).

Started doing the same kind of thing in shen 2 aswell, seeing how many times I could beat baihu, then realising he only goes up to level 16. :roll:
Dayno
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Calshot » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:14 pm

My average time is usually around 5 to 6 minutes. My fastest time was around 4:50.
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby Shuu » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:00 pm

Kiyuu wrote:You can see Satoshi Nagata, the 2nd boss with a stick, beats two other bosses in this video:

Hehe, thanks.

demons triangle wrote:I can remember mine being pretty good, im sure between the 5 and 6 minute mark (after extensive constant play).

Started doing the same kind of thing in shen 2 aswell, seeing how many times I could beat baihu, then realising he only goes up to level 16. :roll:

How do you beat baihu outside the game? That is, when you have a cleared save game?
Shuu
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Dayno » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:45 am

Shuu[quote="demons triangle wrote:I can remember mine being pretty good, im sure between the 5 and 6 minute mark (after extensive constant play).

How do you beat baihu outside the game? That is, when you have a cleared save game?[/quote]

On disk 4 (dreamcast) there is a seperate section for all the minigames and fighters and stuff.
Dayno
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby pddarkdave » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:46 pm

I've recently gotten back into this, and would really like to see some serious competition on this. Surely it could be a nice addition to speeddemosarchive. For now, I haven't played in a long time and am trying to beat 6 minutes. Perhaps we could discuss strategies? I'm surprised I can't find videos of people's records, as speed runs seem to be pretty popular currently. I'd like to know how the fastest guy did it in 2:56.

Anyway, if anyone's interested, here are the strategies I figured out so far. Obviously, I start running and using L+A on the first few enemies. It seems even faster if I use the elbow with L+X. Grabbing seems to waste time, though it's good if you can hold someone and kick others around you at the same time. Crawl cyclone works pretty well. However, I'm still not sure how to get through bosses quickly - other guys run away while they're alive.
pddarkdave
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Return to Shenmue