Shenmue Tattoo i got months ago and never posted

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Shenmue Tattoo i got months ago and never posted

Postby bos1014 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:33 pm

[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/Bos1014/myleg.jpg[/IMG]

What ya think? i thought it came out alright. i also wanted to get an addition to it sometime in the near future since someone very close me died recently and i kinda wanted to get something to represent it..
i was thinking about putting the scar thats on lan di's face going through it some how and make it look like an actual scar but i wouldn't know where it would look best or if it would look good at all any thoughts?
bos1014
Asia Travel Representative

Re: Shenmue Tattoo i got months ago and never posted

Postby random331 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:39 pm

bos1014 wrote:What ya think? i thought it came out alright. i also wanted to get an addition to it sometime in the near future since someone very close me died recently and i kinda wanted to get something to represent it..
i was thinking about putting the scar thats on lan di's face going through it some how and make it look like an actual scar but i wouldn't know where it would look best or if it would look good at all any thoughts?

thats looks wonderful :D:D
also here the code for your image , the one you posted is not working
Code: Select all
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/Bos1014/myleg.jpg[/img]
random331
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Raven » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:42 pm

Looks cool, but why did you get it on your leg? Upper arm would have been sweeter.
Raven
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Re: Shenmue Tattoo i got months ago and never posted

Postby Sakuragaoka » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:20 pm

bos1014 wrote:Image

What ya think? i thought it came out alright. i also wanted to get an addition to it sometime in the near future since someone very close me died recently and i kinda wanted to get something to represent it..

Really nice! I want one on my arm. ;)
Last edited by Sakuragaoka on Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sakuragaoka
Master of the Three Blades

Postby bos1014 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:33 pm

i wanted it big, and well i dont have the biggest arms lol, and i wanted it somewhere i could show off but also hide without causing me to much trouble at work, i wear a short sleeved shirt at work and work around an oven.. but yeh, its the first place i thought of and liked it came out nice though, i like the positioning more so than if it was on my arm.
bos1014

Postby dbzruler88 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:58 pm

have you seen my shenhua tattoo?

which is of course the tattoo version of this picture

dbzruler88
Atheist Activist
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: jeremylovesanna
XBL: jeremylovesanna
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0

Postby Erin » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:25 pm

Very nice!
Erin

XBL: Duchess May
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: SW Battlefront (X1)

Postby Axm » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:16 am

Holy shit man.
Really nice. Abit big for my tastes though imo.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Laz » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:47 pm

VERY cool. I am gonna get this on my leg or arm. Prolly all black and alot smaller. But I still love yours.
Laz
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby stigee » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:11 pm

I too want a tattoo some day but I am not sure what I want. I want something that has meaning and that I can look at and it bring back memories. Most people say don't get a video game tattoo but I disagree. I think one should get it if it means something. For example, my love for video games kind of died down in the late 90s but then my friend actually showed me Shenmue and I was hooked. I immediately went out to buy and Dreamcast and Shenmue and my love for video games was rekindled. So part of me actually is considering getting a Shenmue tattoo of sorts because it has meaning: it made me fall in love with gaming all over again, it reminds me of one of my best friends (the one who showed me Shenmue), and it's a damn good game.
stigee
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby bos1014 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:20 am

Hmmmmm thanks for the replies guys, question though looking for everyones opinions..

I really want to get an addition to this tattoo. And i got a decent idea IMO. This would potentially be a sleeve for my leg i guess. But how this is now i would put the phoenix from the phoenix mirror above the tattoo and have the tail wrapping though/around the text.
And if it looked good/if there was space possibly below it do the dragon doing the same without making it look too cluttered, or maybe making it seem like they were joined somehow at the ends of their tails. like the ying yang symbol, complete opposites good and evil, but some how linked.

And if anyone has any good drawings or pictures of a phoenix similar to the one of the phoenix mirror i would appreciate it. the one on the mirror is good im just looking for other options.
bos1014

Postby stigee » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:10 am

bos1014 wrote:Hmmmmm thanks for the replies guys, question though looking for everyones opinions..

I really want to get an addition to this tattoo. And i got a decent idea IMO. This would potentially be a sleeve for my leg i guess. But how this is now i would put the phoenix from the phoenix mirror above the tattoo and have the tail wrapping though/around the text.
And if it looked good/if there was space possibly below it do the dragon doing the same without making it look too cluttered, or maybe making it seem like they were joined somehow at the ends of their tails. like the ying yang symbol, complete opposites good and evil, but some how linked.

And if anyone has any good drawings or pictures of a phoenix similar to the one of the phoenix mirror i would appreciate it. the one on the mirror is good im just looking for other options.

That is a good idea. It will definitely be more creative and artistic to look at. I would get the tattoo artist to do a few sketches to see what looks best. It sounds like an expensive tattoo so you want to make sure it looks really good.
stigee
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Calshot » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:26 pm

That sounds cool. It would be original to say the least.

I found alot here.
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby Ziming » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:23 pm

Be like Lan Di and get a Chiyoumen tattoo on your left wrist. ;)
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Hazuki Legend » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:26 pm

Hellraiser wrote:Be like Lan Di and get a Chiyoumen tattoo on your left wrist. ;)

Off topic but Hellraiser why don't you get rid of that sig now that Shenmue Online now seems to cease to exist.
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: Dan Whale 89

Next

Return to Shenmue