Pheonix Mirror

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Pheonix Mirror

Postby Beck » Thu May 15, 2008 6:27 pm

Hey, long time no post!

Been out of the Shenmue loop for a while now, I see nothings been announced (as usual) :P

Anyway, last year I created some Shenmue stuff in 3D and the source engine. Then I went off to uni to study Computer Games Design, and now my first year is over I'm back and more experienced than when I first attempted to create some Shenmue stuff.

Heres the old stuff: http://www.hazukidojo.com/forums/viewto ... f=4&t=3186

Nothing great really. At that point I was just learning to use 3D applications and the hammer editor.

Anyway, I got all nostalgic today so decided to load up 3ds max and redo my mirror.

Overall it took about 2 hours maybe to do, with most of the time being taken up with the texturing. The model is UVW unwrapped and the texture was taken from a screenshot with a few modifications to make it fit my model.

Heres a little video of the model: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqVmDhRJReM
And heres a screenshot:

I'll probably do more models, or even recreate areas of Shenmue in the source engine. If enough people with experience in this kinda stuff actually want to create a mod of some sort, I'd be more than up for it!

Let me know what you think, might even take requests if people want specific stuff remade :P I got time to kill :)
Beck
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby stigee » Mon May 26, 2008 9:00 pm

That is really cool. I wish I had the animation talent but I am a programmer.
stigee
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ys » Mon May 26, 2008 10:01 pm

Well done, it looks nice. Especially if you can do that in two hours. Though I'm more of a sound guy so I have no idea really what it takes to do this :P

By the way, I just couldn't resist : isn't it spelled Phoenix instead of pheonix? ;)
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Return to Shenmue