shenmue original soundtrack

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

shenmue original soundtrack

Postby mue 26 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:22 pm

sorry for the lame thread but Im looking to get the shenmue original soundtrack cd as I think its one of the best game soundtracks ever, and I have seen it on ebay going for £8!However friends of mine in the past have told me that it is very expensive and hard to find, and I am not very experienced with the bay. so do you guys reckon its a bootleg and that Im a fool for even thinking its real?
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:28 pm

If it has photos or anything, compare them to a legimate store like Amazon or wherever it's available..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby mue 26 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:35 pm

Yeah I think they just got the pics of google, so Im thinking its probably a fake a pounds for a brand new one is far too low I guess....shame though because I love that music
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Martin » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:45 pm

Just torrent it, holmes.
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Postby mue 26 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:00 pm

Honestly Im hopeless at that stuff, I would not know where to begin
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:08 pm

mue 26 wrote:Yeah I think they just got the pics of google, so Im thinking its probably a fake a pounds for a brand new one is far too low I guess....shame though because I love that music

What's the seller's feedback like?
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby mue 26 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:14 pm

99.6, but still £8 for a new one.. I just dont trust it
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Martin » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:25 pm

mue 26 wrote:Honestly Im hopeless at that stuff, I would not know where to begin

Maybe just buy the burned CDs, then? They're probably from the torrent, and if it's the same torrent I downloaded, they're nice quality. I say man-up and just ask the seller straight.. "Is this auction for the genuine legitimate CD, or is it a copy?". If the seller isn't a cunt, he/she will give you an honest response. If you get no response, do not buy, and for an extra kick in the balls/womb to the seller, maybe report them for listing an illegal auction?
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Postby SSJ2 Dark » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:29 pm

When I bought my copy from GameMusic.com, the sound track came with a filmstrip containing several frames of a cutscene (I believe it is from the game explanation cutscene featuring Xiu Ying). A similar filmstrip may or may not come with every legitimate copy, but you may want to ask the seller anyway. Bootlegs can look quite convincing.
SSJ2 Dark
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby oasis88 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:31 am

mue, I got lucky and won a PAL Shenmue II for Dreamcast for $26 off ebay, but the guy accidently only sent me the first two discs, then the other 2 after realizing his mistakes. I'd say ask a lot of questions, even though it's cheap it could still be legit.
oasis88
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby The Grrreat Chai » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:50 pm

SSJ2 Dark wrote:When I bought my copy from GameMusic.com, the sound track came with a filmstrip containing several frames of a cutscene (I believe it is from the game explanation cutscene featuring Xiu Ying). A similar filmstrip may or may not come with every legitimate copy, but you may want to ask the seller anyway. Bootlegs can look quite convincing.

I was informed before that the filmstrip only came with the first print, so it might not be in all legitimate editions.

In any case, do you have a link to the auction? It would be easier to see if it's legit that way.. although if he's pulled the images off Google there's no way to tell. £8 does seem very cheap
The Grrreat Chai
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Dragon Age II

Postby FeelinLuckyPUNK » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:10 pm

£8? I'm sure that's all I paid for mine from Ebay and it's legit (or so I think). It came with a booklet too and is over 2 discs.
FeelinLuckyPUNK
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:22 pm

They are ALL fake. NONE and I mean NONE sold on ebay are authentic.

There were however professionally made but copies of the original OST's handed out at a Shenmue event in 1999 but very few were made,just for one event.

Ever since many professional CD companies made copies and they are very authentic looking.
The most common ones sold have a sega ish font on the disc and says SM records,this was Son May records,not sure they exist anymore but for a few years they made tons and tons of these things.

http://vgmdb.net/org/293
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby FeelinLuckyPUNK » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:00 pm

Haha, just checked and my disc was made by 'K-O Records Ltd' and the catalog number is not even listed. I'm a bit peeved that I got duped!
FeelinLuckyPUNK
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Master Kyodai » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:19 pm

Yeah both are actually bootleg, the SM records "Original soundtrack" and the SM records "Orchestra Soundtrack". I must admit i have never seen the original discs by SEGA (Obviously only the orchestra soundtrack was printed). The fun thing is that the original soundtrack is just random recordings from the game, but although it can only reflect a small part of the ~300 songs used in Shenmue it features a quite nice selection.

Does the original SEGA soundtrack feature the same cover art as the SM bootleg? But i would think so as the original "What's Shenmue" contained a small flyer with the same artwork, obviously advertising the soundtrack...
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Next

Return to Shenmue