shenmue original soundtrack

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Postby mue 26 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:45 pm

Thanks for the advice guys, pretty sure it was a bootleg. As for the strips of film, Im pretty sure they were only first print copies

I imagine the bootlegs cover would look the same apart from maybe the Toshiba EMI logos missing(or whoever it was that brought it out) So its pretty hard to find a legit one I think.

But Master kyodai what do you mean the orchestra soudtrack was the only one printed?
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiyuu » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:38 pm

Ryudo™ wrote:There were however professionally made but copies of the original OST's handed out at a Shenmue event in 1999 but very few were made,just for one event.

So, you didn't see this post of mine, did you?

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewto ... 783#829783

SEGA did sell the official OST CDs as I said there. I remember seeing them on the shelf of
a few CD stores even in 2001.

mue 26 wrote:I imagine the bootlegs cover would look the same apart from maybe the Toshiba EMI logos missing(or whoever it was that brought it out) So its pretty hard to find a legit one I think.

These are the covers of the official OST CD case:

As you see, you can see the letters of "EMI" and "MADE IN JAPAN" at the bottom of the back cover.
If you don't see them, it should be a bootleg, I believe.
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:12 pm

Kiyuu wrote:
Ryudo™ wrote:There were however professionally made but copies of the original OST's handed out at a Shenmue event in 1999 but very few were made,just for one event.

So, you didn't see this post of mine, did you?

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewto ... 783#829783

SEGA did sell the official OST CDs as I said there. I remember seeing them on the shelf of
a few CD stores even in 2001.

mue 26 wrote:I imagine the bootlegs cover would look the same apart from maybe the Toshiba EMI logos missing(or whoever it was that brought it out) So its pretty hard to find a legit one I think.

These are the covers of the official OST CD case:

As you see, you can see the letters of "EMI" and "MADE IN JAPAN" at the bottom of the back cover.
If you don't see them, it should be a bootleg, I believe.

Yeah mine have those covers on the case and the CDs just on the CD's they have the SMrecords logo.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Master Kyodai » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:43 pm

Nice, I yet have only seen the SM records versions and own both - the orchestra and OST cds from SM (typical ebay bargain). I did not think there was on "official" OST.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby The Grrreat Chai » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:59 am

The official CDs should look like this:

The Grrreat Chai
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Dragon Age II

Postby Seke » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:28 pm

So what would be the value of the real shenmue original soundtrack???

Cos i own both the original soundtrack and the orchestra soundtrack. Both are real i guess... original soundtrack includes the small film strip. It was pure luck i found these two soundtrack from the "local" internet store few years ago. The store dosent seems to even exist anymore... I have not even ever listened the actual cd's. I just rip the plastics off and copied the discs...
Seke
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Previous

Return to Shenmue