How often ?....

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Re: How often ?....

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:48 pm

I play it every May as thats when i got my own copy (kept borrowing up till that point)
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:10 pm

Silas wrote:It's about a year since I last did so, but I do play it at least once a year.

Now there's a dog in our neighbourhood who barks periodically, makes me think of Ryo when he passes through Dobuitsa on the way out to Sakuragaoka, there's always that barking dog.

Oh yes, and anybody seen that advert with the cute Korean couple on a moped riding through a long tunnel? Yep, a true Shenmue moment.

Jesus Christ on a pogo stick, look who it is.

I can say I've had a two year break from Shenmue. Last time I played through Shenmue, I was surprised by the details. Details I've not really seen in games since, although, I wish they were.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Peter » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:18 pm

Im in two minds to start playing Shenmue again. I treated myself to a Scart lead for the Dreamcast, and it dramatically improved the picture! But now with Shenmue HD being a realistic possibility i want to leave it until then to really anticipate it, and soak in the magic once again.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:45 am

Henry Spencer wrote:Last time I played through Shenmue, I was surprised by the details. Details I've not really seen in games since, although, I wish they were.

It was the same for me. The last time I played it, about 9 months ago and for the first time (to my recollection) without seeing it through to the end, it kept amazing me and for once I saw its budget purely justified by its content and not just mismanagement. Indeed it is a $70million game!
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby Yama » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:12 pm

I'll mess around with the game/s a bunch of times each year. However I do a full, slow, time consuming run through the series at least once or twice a year, summer as a definite and any time else. What's Shenmue > Shenmue > Shenmue II (using S1 save file) > watch PB/CGS06 and cry.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Axm » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:18 pm

Ive almost memorized Shenmue 1. But I got to the point about a year ago where just like Myles and others, I know whats coming next. I could almost play it blind folded and in Japanese. So ive been taking a break for about a year and I think im due to play again pretty soon.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Previous

Return to Shenmue