Corey Marshall (Ryo Hazuki)

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Re: Corey Marshall (Ryo Hazuki!)

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri May 06, 2011 8:00 pm

I'm sure that - as an actor - you "got inside Ryo's head". How differently did you view the character when actually playing Shenmue to how you saw Ryo when you were recording?

Also, on the same note, what can you tell us about the relationship between Ryo and Nozomi, Fuku-San, Naoyuki & Ichiro. Ryo seems quite close to them in the photos that appear in the game, and it's understandable that he'd feel a little distant following his father's death, but it'd be nice to get some perspective from the person who - as I say - has actually been inside Ryo's head.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Supa » Sat May 07, 2011 12:49 am

Thanks for dropping in, Corey! Nice to chat with you on here. No questions from me now, as I've done an interview with you recently. But will post when I think of something.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Peter » Sat May 07, 2011 11:27 am

I would just like to ask what has more or less already been overed, in that are you a Shenmue fan Corey? I mean do you wonder what could lie in store for Ryo in Shenmue 3?
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Bluecast » Mon May 09, 2011 3:17 pm

OK here is one. If already asked in the topic apologies but. Did sega have a script ready for you for Shenmue III and possibly had a fourth in the works?
Much obliged
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Anthony817 » Wed May 11, 2011 5:19 am

Wow, this is truly an honor and an opportunity that I can not possibly pass up!

I must say, I have preferred your voice in Shenmue 1 and 2, because I personally felt a connection to the character so much so in the first game, that I honestly can not see anybody else casting the role besides you.

I think for continuity sake, I would prefer you to reprise the role as Ryo in the English version. What are your thoughts on this, and would you enjoy doing Shenmue 3?

Shenmue had such an impact on my life, and I would just like to get some closure. I know it ultimately is up to Yu Suzuki to make the final call, but would you be willing to play Ryo in the hypothetical third game?

Thanks for taking time out of your busy life to respond to fans, this means more to us than you know. =D>
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: Anthony817
Currently playing: Shenmue II English 99min

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:02 pm

Ryudo wrote:OK here is one. If already asked in the topic apologies but. Did sega have a script ready for you for Shenmue III and possibly had a fourth in the works?
Much obliged

While i cant see that being answered i will say that no one here will tell anyone if he told us...................... :-$
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

My latest voiceover project

Postby coreymarshall » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:45 pm

I thought I'd share a link to my latest project, Gates, an online comic created by my good friend Hal Hefner who has a gift for writing compelling stories as well as illustrating some of the best comic book artwork out there.

I love comicbooks almost as much as I love videogames so I'm pretty excited about being a part of Gates.

Hope you all throw your support behind Gates!

http://gatesthecomic.com/2011/06/16/working-shen-mus-corey-marshall-voice-gates/

-Corey Marshall
coreymarshall
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Re: Corey Marshall (Ryo Hazuki)

Postby Master Kyodai » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:24 pm

Very good voice work on the congenement trailer. The words are of course also chosen wisely, but it instantly made me curious about the website. I think the trailer got very well. Really looking forward to more of this...
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Anthony817 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:36 pm

That was a nice read. Nice how he mentions Shenmue was the most expensive game ever to produce, but the $20 million are the lowest figure I have seen. I have heard figures as high as $70 million, and $45 million.

Anyway, not trying to go off topic, but just pointing it out.
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: Anthony817
Currently playing: Shenmue II English 99min

Postby szymon247 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:07 pm

Hey, thanks for being here. Feels almost strange (but awesome) to read posts of my most important 'artificial' character's voice actor. It'd get too gay if I started mentioning how often I had your voice in mind ;-) So yeah, nevermind.
Actually oh man, I'd almost kill a person (a bad one, like Lan Di) to receive a shoutout or birthday wishes from Corey in a Ryo Hazuki voice.

Anyway I have a question too - Did Sega contact you with any offers after you've finished your adventure with Shenmue 2? Was any Shenmue sequel or plans for future cooperation ever mentioned to you?
szymon247
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Luvly KM » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:38 am

MiTT3NZ wrote:I'm sure that - as an actor - you "got inside Ryo's head". How differently did you view the character when actually playing Shenmue to how you saw Ryo when you were recording?

Also, on the same note, what can you tell us about the relationship between Ryo and Nozomi, Fuku-San, Naoyuki & Ichiro. Ryo seems quite close to them in the photos that appear in the game, and it's understandable that he'd feel a little distant following his father's death, but it'd be nice to get some perspective from the person who - as I say - has actually been inside Ryo's head.

i would like this answered. great questions.
Luvly KM
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby dbzruler88 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:13 pm

i've always wondered, before you recently joined on the forum here, have you ever heard of the shenmue dojo? i mean it is the biggest shenmue fan community, i just always wondered if you've stumbled by in the past.
dbzruler88
Atheist Activist
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: jeremylovesanna
XBL: jeremylovesanna
Currently playing: Yakuza 0

Postby Luvly KM » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:18 pm

other than to legitimise your time here, why does this matter
Luvly KM
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Peter » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:56 am

Corey posted a message on his Facebook this morning, saying that he should be posting some videos online soon answering fan questions and providing samples of memorable Shenmue lines that any fans may request. If you have any questions or requests, just search Facebook for Corey Marshall
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Lawtowler » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:01 am

I also saw this! I'd love to hear him do a few classic lines from Shenmue!
Lawtowler
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: lawtowler
Currently playing: Skies of Arcadia

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue