Shenmue clothes

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Re: Shenmue clothes

Postby south carmain » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:29 pm

it seems like an easy cash in on video game fans to me, you know if you found a hd version of the tiger you could easily get that t-shirt made for less than 20$

come to think of it the guy making those is probably the same one who came to the dojo quite some time ago asking for a hd version of the tiger on ryo's jacket
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Bambi » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:15 pm

Put my order down for the hoodie, I'm normally pretty indifferent about clothing but these are neat. :)

Besides the price of the t-shirt I don't really understand why anyone would be put off this in principle, even if it wasn't licensed I'd still buy one, I don't want to make my own clothes.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:25 pm

I buy licensed t shirts for gaming all the time as it's all I wear but I get those for 10-20$
I only get 287$ a month chunk of that goes to bills. No way in hell would I EVER pay 40$ a t shirt. not something I wear all the time. A hoodie something I wear rarely then yeah fine. 40$ is too much for ANY t shirt
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby south carmain » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:50 pm

Bambi wrote:Put my order down for the hoodie, I'm normally pretty indifferent about clothing but these are neat. :)

Besides the price of the t-shirt I don't really understand why anyone would be put off this in principle, even if it wasn't licensed I'd still buy one, I don't want to make my own clothes.

lol i didnt mean make it yourself, just go with the design to anyplace where they print customised t-shirts and they will do it for 10-15£, you can get anything made and they usually supply the t-shirt
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bambi » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:12 pm

Bluecast wrote:I buy licensed t shirts for gaming all the time as it's all I wear but I get those for 10-20$
I only get 287$ a month chunk of that goes to bills. No way in hell would I EVER pay 40$ a t shirt. not something I wear all the time. A hoodie something I wear rarely then yeah fine. 40$ is too much for ANY t shirt

Yeah as I said before I think the shirt is priced a little highly, until the prices were listed I was planning on buying one at the same time as the hoodie.

south carmain wrote:lol i didnt mean make it yourself, just go with the design to anyplace where they print customised t-shirts and they will do it for 10-15£, you can get anything made and they usually supply the t-shirt

Oh yeah I realise you weren't suggesting I weave my own fabrics etc but what I mean is that I'm happy to pay a premium for the sake of convenience. To look at it another way, I know how to cook food but I still go to cafés and restaurants.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby south carmain » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:18 pm

^ what i'm suggesting is to get the food and have it cooked for you not cook it yourself :p

Lol but in all seriousness i understand your point, i'm just shocked at it being so high i guess, maybe to get it licensed sega are taking a pretty big cut or something
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:48 am

Orders are live now. Should get mine soon hopefully..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Bambi » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:29 am

Hoodie arrived today, it looks great and fits really well. I think I'll order another one for when I wear this one out. :mrgreen:
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby FlagshipFighter » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:31 am

Bambi wrote:Hoodie arrived today, it looks great and fits really well. I think I'll order another one for when I wear this one out. :mrgreen:

Same, got my t-shirt and hoodie today as well, I'm really pleased with it! Love the stitching and the tiger logo! I bought these both for finishing my 2nd year at uni. I just find it really inspirational and nostalgic to look at that tiger, just brings so many good memories of the game (especially the F.R.E.E aspects) and why I hold this game so dear to my heart in the first place.

Definitely happy with the order, i hope insertcoins keep these as part of there collection, and I hope SEGA takes a hint on how fans want shenmue re-releases and stuff despite the fact it seems like they are re-releasing anything but shenmue with the recent news (nights, yakuza 1&2, sonic adventure 2, jsr, etc) but oh well we can only hope... :arrow:

Out of interest what limited edition prints did you get with your order? I got an assassins creed one and a FFVII one.
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter

Postby Bambi » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:18 am

Am really impressed with the quality, the Shenmue label was a nice surprise.

FlagshipFighter wrote:
Bambi wrote:Hoodie arrived today, it looks great and fits really well. I think I'll order another one for when I wear this one out. :mrgreen:

Same, got my t-shirt and hoodie today as well, I'm really pleased with it! Love the stitching and the tiger logo! I bought these both for finishing my 2nd year at uni. I just find it really inspirational and nostalgic to look at that tiger, just brings so many good memories of the game (especially the F.R.E.E aspects) and why I hold this game so dear to my heart in the first place.

Definitely happy with the order, i hope insertcoins keep these as part of there collection, and I hope SEGA takes a hint on how fans want shenmue re-releases and stuff despite the fact it seems like they are re-releasing anything but shenmue with the recent news (nights, yakuza 1&2, sonic adventure 2, jsr, etc) but oh well we can only hope... :arrow:

Out of interest what limited edition prints did you get with your order? I got an assassins creed one and a FFVII one.

Pretty plain, can't complain as it's free I guess. What does the Final Fantasy one look like?
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:32 am

I got Silent Hill. :P
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby FlagshipFighter » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:55 am

A quick image of the tee+hoodie:

Here's the image of the limited edition prints:

FlagshipFighter has received a thanks from: Who Really Cares?
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter

Postby Spokane » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:18 am

I love the Animus one.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Bluecast » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:32 am

Seeing those brown ones in the wild I honestly like the one I have better
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Miles Prower » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:29 am

Mine came today, as you can see there's a pic of me wearing it as my avatar ^^ Trying to look serious like Ryo haha. Really impressed with it, definitely worth it :D
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue