Shenmue in CryEngine

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Re: Shenmue in CryEngine

Postby south carmain » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:22 pm

Dorian wrote:
MiTT3NZ wrote:How is my knowledge on video game design based on the personality of another person?

Your (potential) knowledge becomes secondary when the grounding of your actions is found in unjust favouring of somebody. You wrote about south as if he was politely explaining a few details from his line of work, which wasn't the case. He ostentatiously started to talk about every aspect of creating Shenmue, as if he was Yu Suzuki in flesh. That's his attitude everywhere and he always employs informal fallacies and an irrelevances to bring down people who point it out to him.

that's rich coming from the person who diverts an argument to a completely different subject trying to save face, it started about me trying to explain a few things about how shenmue was built and how it got to looking so well because I have opened it up and looked at it myself and in return you basically told me to fuck off and that you know everything about everything
User avatar
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"
 
Joined: February 2012
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Re: Shenmue in CryEngine

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:22 pm

Is English your second language? He was saying these things:

- The models in Shenmue are relatively basic shapes.
- The textures used in Shenmue are what give the models life.

This is true in every video game. A wooden textures table is going to look better than just a straight-up brown table. He didn't talk about every aspect of Shenmue at all, and you don't need to be Yu Suzuki to know this shit anyway.



EDIT: And I'm not basing any of my knowledge on the post of another's. Not only is that absurd, but it also explains your inverted idea of what knowledge is.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: south carmain
User avatar
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III
 
Joined: January 2005
Location: Manchester, innit!
XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Re: Shenmue in CryEngine

Postby Dorian » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:26 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Is English your second language? He was saying these things:

- The models in Shenmue are relatively basic shapes.
- The textures used in Shenmue are what give the models life.

This is true in every video game. A wooden textures table is going to look better than just a straight-up brown table. He didn't talk about every aspect of Shenmue at all, and you don't need to be Yu Suzuki to know this shit anyway.

It is, but he wasn't just saying those two things. He was making a fuss over how perfect his understanding of both art and tech of Shenmue is, which is ridiculous from my view point because I see him as a person totally incapable of understanding the phenomenon that Shenmue's art is. He constantly talks about technological theories that have nothing to do with art and he's also wrong about those theories being perfectly attainable in practice.

MiTT3NZ wrote:Do you not realise that you try to justify your own opinions soley by insulting others' opinions?

It's you two here that started insulting me and my opinions. I justify my opinions with arguments that are solid, but they just don't click with some of you. Personally, I think everything you said about gay marriage is a load of bollocks and I find you to be a person of extremely off-putting conduite, but I didn't write that you're a fucking twat that has mental issues just because I disagree with you. You're the person who writes such things about others, and you can't back them up in most cases outside of the usual 'Suck my dick!' approach coated with diplomatic wording.
Dorian
Banned
Banned
 
Joined: August 2007
Location: Poland
PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Re: Shenmue in CryEngine

Postby south carmain » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:31 pm

Dorian wrote:
MiTT3NZ wrote: Is English your second language? He was saying these things:

- The models in Shenmue are relatively basic shapes.
- The textures used in Shenmue are what give the models life.

This is true in every video game. A wooden textures table is going to look better than just a straight-up brown table. He didn't talk about every aspect of Shenmue at all, and you don't need to be Yu Suzuki to know this shit anyway.

It is, but he wasn't just saying those two things. He was making a fuss over how perfect his understanding of both art and tech of Shenmue is, which is ridiculous from my view point because I see him as a person totally incapable of understanding the phenomenon that Shenmue's art is. He constantly talks about technological theories that have nothing to do with art and he's also wrong about those theories being perfectly attainable in practice.

MiTT3NZ wrote:Do you not realise that you try to justify your own opinions soley by insulting others' opinions?

It's you two here that started insulting me and my opinions. I justify my opinions with arguments that are solid, but they just don't click with some of you. Personally, I think everything you said about gay marriage is a load of bollocks and I find you to be a person of extremely off-putting conduite, but I didn't write that you're a fucking twat that has mental issues just because I disagree with you. You're the person who writes such things about others, and you can't back them up in most cases outside of the usual 'Suck my dick!' approach coated with

thanks for agreeing with me, I would like you to disprove my "theories" one of these days as well, as all you have been saying is that I'm wrong without really explaining why and when someone says they understood me you say they're being unjust and play the persecution card

but hey believe what you want, as I said I just tried to explain a few things that I had learned from opening it up and getting a better understanding, if you want to shit all over that and be a dick then it's your choice I guess :roll:
User avatar
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"
 
Joined: February 2012
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Re: Shenmue in CryEngine

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:32 pm

Hahaha!! Aw man, you're really bad at this. You didn't justify your opinions once, because you used nowt to back em up.

I already said I haven't got anything against gay marriage, I went to an old friend's gay wedding at the tail end of June. My issue was with gay couple adopting.

And I'm pretty sure that everyone here knows that I back myself up perfectly with a clever blend of logic and common sense. The "Suck my dick" thing is usually dependent on the tone of my post.

So, yeah, go back to school mate, you obviously missed out on a lot.
User avatar
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III
 
Joined: January 2005
Location: Manchester, innit!
XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Re: Shenmue in CryEngine

Postby QWERTY » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:32 pm

Are you busting out a semi-smile here Dorian? You shouldn't let hatred consume you, it's not very becoming.

Image
User avatar
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned
 
Joined: February 2004

Re: Shenmue in CryEngine

Postby Peter » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:39 pm

Right lads thats enough. Shenmue in CryEngine is the topic here so keep it on it, or as related to that if you can.
User avatar
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III
 
Joined: February 2004
Location: Belfast
PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Re: Shenmue in CryEngine

Postby Dorian » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:40 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: I already said I haven't got anything against gay marriage, I went to an old friend's gay wedding at the tail end of June. My issue was with gay couple adopting.

You're the one who's bad at this. I didn't say you are against gay marriage. I said that everything you said about gay marriage is off-putting to me. The very way your wording on that topic was constructed is sickening and the point was that me seeing you as a person not worthy of attention doesn't necessarily mean you are such a person. I didn't debate that becuase the topic wasn't "Is MiTT3NZ a piece of shit?". The topic was totally different and I didn't attack you. You, however, love to attack others and make yourself look better. Too bad you aren't, and too bad you're using such infantile jabs as "Go back to school."
Dorian
Banned
Banned
 
Joined: August 2007
Location: Poland
PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Re: Shenmue in CryEngine

Postby south carmain » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:42 pm

Dorian wrote:
MiTT3NZ wrote: I already said I haven't got anything against gay marriage, I went to an old friend's gay wedding at the tail end of June. My issue was with gay couple adopting.

and too bad you're using such infantile jabs as "Go back to school."

says the guy who makes indirect posts about "uneducated members and their shitty opinions"
Peter wrote:Right lads thats enough. Shenmue in CryEngine is the topic here so keep it on it, or as related to that if you can.

yeah there's nothing of importance to be added at this point, I'll drop it
User avatar
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"
 
Joined: February 2012
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Re: Shenmue in CryEngine

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:43 pm

No kurwa mac, I thought this was a topic on the shoddy CryEngine textures
User avatar
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: August 2006
Location: Chicago
PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Re: Shenmue in CryEngine

Postby Peter » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:45 pm

I wonder where he got the posters from. I cant make my mind up if i like them or not. :???:
User avatar
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III
 
Joined: February 2004
Location: Belfast
PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Re: Shenmue in CryEngine

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:49 pm

Is that the best this engine can do, or is there examples of better work?
User avatar
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: August 2006
Location: Chicago
PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Re: Shenmue in CryEngine

Postby Dorian » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:49 pm

Peter wrote: I wonder where he got the posters from. I cant make my mind up if i like them or not. :???:

There are (mostly illegal) sites with HD scans of oldschool posters. Those posters are for some of the best-known Kurosawa movies so it wasn't hard to find at all.

The posters themselves are great, but putting them in Ryo's room was a senseless decision. It made it look his dream room that's only based on Ryo's room.
Dorian
Banned
Banned
 
Joined: August 2007
Location: Poland
PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Re: Shenmue in CryEngine

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:50 pm

I never attacked you, I was pointing out that you're criticising the knowledge of someone who blatantly knows more about the overall design process of video games than you. I'm safely assuming that you're an outsider looking in. Either that, or you DO know about the process, and you're just takin the piss to wind up SC simply coz you're bored.

And yeah, I was questioning whether or not you know how to actually read and talk to people, as you were essentially making things up. Example: You said that I questioned you because of somebody else's post, whereas I was questioning you because I know that you are wrong. It isn't based on opinion.

Should probably have gone about it in a much more diplomatic manner, but let's face it, the way you reply to posts such as that does suggest that whilst you have a good grasp of English grammar, you don't have a good grasp of the English language.
User avatar
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III
 
Joined: January 2005
Location: Manchester, innit!
XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Re: Shenmue in CryEngine

Postby Peter » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:51 pm

Mitts, thats the end of it, seriously. Either keep it on topic or let it go bud.
User avatar
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III
 
Joined: February 2004
Location: Belfast
PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000-
ShenmueDojo.net