Just ordered this game. Will be my 1.5 try at playing.

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Re: Just ordered this game. Will be my 1.5 try at playing.

Postby GKDAIR » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:18 pm

Ok so now I have to call this phone number about this master chen person, but before I went to do that, Nazomi called me and wanted to meet me at the park.

She confessed her feelings there, and I was all warm and fuzzy inside. I've been calling her every night and I can obviously tell Ryo feels the same way, I don't know why he didn't just tell her instead of shooting her in the heart like that. Ryo is indeed stone cold.
GKDAIR
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: ZombiU, Shemue

Postby GKDAIR » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:40 am

Man guys, I'm starting to get a little annoyed.

I have literally failed every QTE I've come across. I've never had a problem with QTEs in games before, but for some reason I just suck horribly at these.

I even go to the arcades and train on it. I just got to the harbor and failed the QTE there, that whole "WAY UNCOOL" scene.

I just don't know what to do. It's always the directional ones that get me. I fail those everytime.
GKDAIR

Postby SeppukoPanda » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:49 am

You get used to it.
SeppukoPanda
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:21 pm

GKDAIR wrote: Man guys, I'm starting to get a little annoyed.

I have literally failed every QTE I've come across. I've never had a problem with QTEs in games before, but for some reason I just suck horribly at these.

I even go to the arcades and train on it. I just got to the harbor and failed the QTE there, that whole "WAY UNCOOL" scene.

I just don't know what to do. It's always the directional ones that get me. I fail those everytime.

Without spoiling the moment.. You will love Shenmue II :-"

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby GKDAIR » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:32 pm

You gotta be kidding, ok now I'm really starting to get aggravated. I have no problems with any QTEs from any game, but for some reason, I just cannot get these down at all. I'm serious guys, anytime a QTE comes up, I fail it, the only time I didn't fail one was the soccer ball in the beginning and when charlie has kidnapped that little kid

I failed the Harbor QTE AGAIN. And I even KNEW the pattern because I failed it before. I pressed the right buttons too, but apparently since I don't have the reaction time of a cheetah, the games thinks I got it wrong.

I'm not going through the whole game like this, with trial and error. I hate to back out of a good game because of something as silly as QTEs, especially when nobody else seems to have problems with them, but I'm almost at that point.
GKDAIR

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:36 pm

Have you tried the QTE titles in the arcade yet? Try those out (practice makes perfect!) and it will become like second nature. :)
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:26 pm

GKDAIR wrote: You gotta be kidding, ok now I'm really starting to get aggravated. I have no problems with any QTEs from any game, but for some reason, I just cannot get these down at all. I'm serious guys, anytime a QTE comes up, I fail it, the only time I didn't fail one was the soccer ball in the beginning and when charlie has kidnapped that little kid

I failed the Harbor QTE AGAIN. And I even KNEW the pattern because I failed it before. I pressed the right buttons too, but apparently since I don't have the reaction time of a cheetah, the games thinks I got it wrong.

I'm not going through the whole game like this, with trial and error. I hate to back out of a good game because of something as silly as QTEs, especially when nobody else seems to have problems with them, but I'm almost at that point.

Had the same problem with SII :lol: Half of the QTEs with Wong I got wrong.As Henry said,that's why the QTE arcade games are there for. ;-)
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:36 pm

Would it be a problem with your controller at all? Sticky buttons etc..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Mitsuzuki » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:59 pm

mrslig100 wrote: Shenmue truly is a fantastic game, I would not consider this a drawback but the exact opposite.
Games now lack depth, well in many games you can see loads of it but it isn't emmersive,
Its truley one of the greatest games in history, Truley one of a kind (Well it certainly is development wise). Wonderfully analogue and may even be better than jade cocoon! =D>

Oh, I completely agree. That's why I qualified my statement with an if. There's many nights where I'd like to give it another quick spin (I did start again a few months ago), but I won't do it unless I have at least an hour or two to invest. If you rush a Shenmue session it feels like you're cheating yourself a bit out of the experiential aspect of the game. I would rather let it sit for weeks on end to give it a proper play rather than rush through Ryo's day.
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby GKDAIR » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:27 am

Nah my controller is fine, I just took it apart a few months ago and cleaned it out. I always wash my hands before playing as well.

I practice on the QTE arcade game nearly every day, both titles.

I honestly think what the problem is, is that the QTE's flash. They don't stay on the screen, they simply flicker a few times, it's taking longer for my brain to register it because it flashes and I need to concentrate and see exactly what I am supposed to press. By the time that's done, I've either missed it or pressed the wrong button out of panic. This game has the shortest QTE times I've ever seen.
GKDAIR

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:44 pm

i tried it once with some heavy books on top of it instead. Now it works fine though.
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Previous

Return to Shenmue