Radar wrote: Changed camera angle. How Ryo actually buys a drink

I guess he takes cream with his coffee.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

Postby Zoltor » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:31 pm

I started a replay of Shenmue 1. Here I am buying a lot of stuff from the store. I must of bought like 13 things total(from the store alone), and I'm not winning anything.

I'm like WTF is up with this atrociously bad luck, I buy all the tapes too, the drawing I pull from the second to last tape I bought, netted me a Sega Saturn game of all things(yes, the very 1st thing I won, was a Sega Saturn game, the rarest items in the entire game).

I'm like, um ok that works :)

Edit: Damn, I skipped over a event that logically, may have had a flag hidden in such. I won't really know for sure until I let disc 2, basically run near the bad ending, so I may have to replay it again. I guess that's what I deserve for cutting corners.

Damn I hope a flag wasn't hidden there, I'm doing so good in this playthrough too.

On the upside, I remembered how I handled the start of disc 2 way back when, which #1 not only is it probally not "too" well known, but even the people that do know of it, probally don't choose that route often, as it does waste 1 day. I forgot about that event, until I went to the area(photographic memory ftw)
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby BlueMue » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:27 pm

I finally found the guy again who I remembered to sound really silly. A highlight of the English dub.

phpBB [video]

BlueMue has received 4 thanks from: Amir, Esppiral, Mr357, Switch
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby south carmain » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:50 pm

BlueMue wrote: I finally found the guy again who I remembered to sound really silly. A highlight of the English dub.

phpBB [video]

I heard rumours about chinese customer service being bad but that is just counterproductive.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby south carmain » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:47 pm

Is there an event or approximate date for when we will see some real gameplay of shenmue 3?
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Amir » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:01 pm

south carmain wrote: Is there an event or approximate date for when we will see some real gameplay of shenmue 3?

I would guess PSX this December, as the LA dinner was moved from June to that month, so I assume Suzuki will be there to show off some footage.

Amir has received a thanks from: south carmain
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:37 pm

I didn't know you can move the camera during cinematic in What's Shenmue like MGS Twin Snakes until today.

Yokosuka has received 2 thanks from: BlueMue, Esppiral
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby BlueMue » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:44 pm

Yokosuka wrote:I didn't know you can move the camera during cinematic in What's Shenmue like MGS Twin Snakes until today.

How is this not more commonly known? I haven't heard of this until now.

It only allows a little bit of very slow tilting but. I doesn't have much use and there are very few instances since What's Shenmue is so short. But it is funny to mess up the cinematography, keeping characters out of frame just to get a slightly better look at the surroundings.

This reminds me that Yu Suzuki mentioned this feature in an interview some time ago. I think he said they couldn't use it in the final game for some reason.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Zoltor » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:13 pm

BlueMue wrote:
Yokosuka wrote:I didn't know you can move the camera during cinematic in What's Shenmue like MGS Twin Snakes until today.

How is this not more commonly known? I haven't heard of this until now.

It only allows a little bit of very slow tilting but. I doesn't have much use and there are very few instances since What's Shenmue is so short. But it is funny to mess up the cinematography, keeping characters out of frame just to get a slightly better look at the surroundings.

This reminds me that Yu Suzuki mentioned this feature in an interview some time ago." I think he said they couldn't use it in the final game for some reason."

Didn't you actually create a graphic glitch in Shenmue 1, by trying to do something with the camera, while using a vending machine. I vaguely recall you posting a Youtube video about something like this, so evidently doesn't seem like it was 100% completely removed properly.

Personally I don't understand why Yu even wanted such a feature, the finished game's camera angle choices are so godly, even to this day, nothing else in the industry can match its greatness.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby BlueMue » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:30 pm

You mean when Ryo twists his neck and dumps a cola into his ear? Or are you thinking of something else?
That glitch is not so much about the camera at all. The point is, in What's Shenmue and only there it's possible to control the camera outside of gameplay.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Zoltor » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:55 pm

BlueMue wrote: You mean when Ryo twists his neck and dumps a cola into his ear? Or are you thinking of something else?
That glitch is not so much about the camera at all. The point is, in What's Shenmue and only there it's possible to control the camera outside of gameplay.

I think there was another glitch as well(where his arm is no longer connected to his body or whatnot), but yea, and oh ok, I didn't recall how such glitches were triggered, so wasn't sure.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ShenGCH » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:02 am

Zoltor wrote:
BlueMue wrote: You mean when Ryo twists his neck and dumps a cola into his ear? Or are you thinking of something else?

I think there was another glitch as well(where his arm is no longer connected to his body or whatnot), but yea, and oh ok, I didn't recall how such glitches were triggered, so wasn't sure.

Are you referring to this? I've no experience with emulating the game, but I'm pretty sure Radar (the guy who posted the aforementioned image) simply managed to disconnect the camera from the first-person view of the vending machine so we're able to see it from a third-person perspective. It's not a glitch.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Zoltor » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:24 am

ShenGCH wrote:
Zoltor wrote:

Are you referring to this? I've no experience with emulating the game, but I'm pretty sure Radar (the guy who posted the aforementioned image) simply managed to disconnect the camera from the first-person view of the vending machine so we're able to see it from a third-person perspective. It's not a glitch.

Yea, I think that's the one, and oh ok.

Yea, I don't emulate such either, DC emulators are horrendously unstable anyway(It's a shame too, as it would've been nice to play the What's Shenmue demo with English subs), the only system out there even harder to emulate, is the Saturn.

Bluemue is very lucky to get such to even function at all, let alone the lv of which he has got such to work at.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Radar » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:08 am

ShenGCH wrote:

That's correct.
Radar
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:40 am

Shenmue's 70-man brawl in 'Level', a Gametrailers weekly tribute to the best levels in video gaming.

Old but I missed it at the time.

phpBB [video]

I can only agree!
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue