Random Shenmue Thoughts

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

Postby Ryuman » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:40 am

Having beat Shenmue I for the fist time a couple days ago, I realised that I kinda beat the game very quickly (In-game time). I finished on December 21st. A combination of fear for taking too long and the way I put myself in Ryo's shoes, really. It made me wonder: What is the earliest day you can end the game on?

I'll have to take my time more on Shenmue II (And all subsequent playthroughs).... Does Shenmue II carry on from your Shenmue I date using the save?
Ryuman
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: KH 2.5

Postby JMan » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:12 pm

If you are playing Shenmue 2 on the Dreamcast and you carry over your save file then yes all of your data is carried forward to the next game including the date though I believe it allows some time for the boat journey to take place.

By all means man take your time, Shenmue is something to be enjoyed at a slow pace. The limit for completing the game is July 31st so you have a long way to go. Also Shenmue 2 on Dreamcast replaces English voice acting with Japanese, just a little heads up.

JMan has received a thanks from: Ryuman
JMan
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Ryuman » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:38 pm

JMan wrote: If you are playing Shenmue 2 on the Dreamcast and you carry over your save file then yes all of your data is carried forward to the next game including the date though I believe it allows some time for the boat journey to take place.
Ah, OK. Thanks
JMan wrote:By all means man take your time, Shenmue is something to be enjoyed at a slow pace. The limit for completing the game is July 31st so you have a long way to go. Also Shenmue 2 on Dreamcast replaces English voice acting with Japanese, just a little heads up.
Sure, will do. Also, the Japanese audio is only a plus for me. I played Kogami's Undub for this purpose.
Ryuman

Currently playing: KH 2.5

Postby JMan » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:31 pm

Yeah man Kogami's Undub is great.
Enjoy.
JMan

Postby Esppiral » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:20 pm

I've read many times that Ryo and Lan di shares a lot of similarities in their physiognomy so I was bored and I tried to put Lan Di's texture map over Ryo's passport face and that's what I got.

I just tweaked a bit Ryo's face to make him look a bit older.

Are they the same person? is Lan Di his true father? are they brothers? are they co-related in some way?
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Postby BlueMue » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:07 pm

Strange but awesome stuff right there. They are pretty similar, it's just that Ryo's eyes are closer together.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby BlueMue » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:52 pm

I've started to work on the English version of the Fangmei conversation collection today. That's the video I got the equipment to record from the Xbox in the first place.

You can expect this one to be packed with even more dialogue because I just found out that pressing the B button does in fact lead to more reactions on some question. Only on questions where one option is negative e.g. "Don't know" pressing the B button won't give something new because it automatically choses the negative answer.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Ziming » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:26 pm

phpBB [video]

Ziming has received 2 thanks from: Axm, BlueMue
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby HappyKillmore » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:09 pm

BlueMue wrote: FINALLY!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Wait for that weird noise go trough it's motions 5 times, then pick. For some reason that always helped me win.
HappyKillmore
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: big_g_mcfc
XBL: DerK0mmissar
Steam: kingkong001
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: With Myself

Postby Ziming » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:53 am

Spanish guitar rendition of the Shenmue theme.

phpBB [video]

Ziming has received 2 thanks from: BlueMue, Supa
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby BlueMue » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:40 am

HappyKillmore wrote:Wait for that weird noise go trough it's motions 5 times, then pick. For some reason that always helped me win.

That thing about counting the swishes is really nothing more then a legend. I've been trying around with quicksaves and drawn so many tickets that I can say for sure that it really doesn't matter. What prize you get it determined the moment you put your candy or winning can on the table.

If it works as a lucky charm for people then that's all good of course. But it really didn't do it for me.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Giorgio » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:38 pm

"The Holy Scriptures of Shenmue (シェンムー)"
    Book: Iwao
    Chapter: 1
    Verses: 1-10

Giorgio has received 3 thanks from: _StreetSonic_, Axm, BlueMue
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Ziming » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:29 pm

phpBB [video]

Ziming has received 4 thanks from: AM2, BlueMue, Giorgio, Supa
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Supa » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:01 am

I've never seen this video before ^. Very interesting...few different moves in the 70 man battle part that I've never seen in the first game, like an alternate machinegunfist. Also, the compass? That is interesting. Graphics and some animations seem to be slightly different, like that tattoo artist seemingly stabbing the thug's arm, and the red jacket Mad Angel thug being the one to stand up in Heart Beats instead of the guy with a beret-ish hat in the final game. Interesting...wish we could get our hands on such an early build!
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby BlueMue » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:05 am

Ziming wrote:
phpBB [video]

This is a great find. There is some footage exclusive to this trailer.
That machine gun fist / demons triangle move was interesting. Guess they kept that stuff for Shenmue II to spread it out more evenly. Did you notice that Funny Bear Burgers is right next to Global Travel Agency? So it's right across from Tom's truck. Also, there is no Tomato Mart in the usual place yet and the Mad Angels don't have their gate behind Wh #17 yet either.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue