how do i go to school?

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

how do i go to school?

Postby timic83 » Tue May 27, 2014 10:37 am

this morning on disc 1 mother told me my teachers have been wondering where i am? have i supposed to been going to school?
timic83
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: how do i go to school?

Postby Benwah » Tue May 27, 2014 1:25 pm

Firstly, Ine-San is not your mum, she is a housekeeper. Secondly, no, you never go to school.

It's little bits like this that I love about Shenmue. That give you the feeling that you have entered a real, breathing world.
Benwah
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: ThaiBenwah
Currently playing: Ni No Kuni 2

Postby timic83 » Thu May 29, 2014 12:33 pm

another silly question since im on disc 2...

going thru game fairly normally, when i needed to find the old warehouse 8 i didn't realise days were ticking every time i failed, and i didn't complete it and find chen until dec 20 (i arrived at the port dec 10)

have i missed out on significant important stuff with nozomi, who said she was leaving? will i miss any other important things???
timic83

Postby Mitsuzuki » Thu May 29, 2014 12:53 pm

You know what, don't worry about what you're missing.

There are many events that exist in the game- some you'll see and some you'll miss.

Just play through the game and enjoy the moments. After you complete the games, it will give you new and fresh things to try on a second playthrough.
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby Thief » Thu May 29, 2014 7:32 pm

Honestly -- Shenmue is one of those games in which I'd be very sad to know that I've seen everything there is to see.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby timic83 » Fri May 30, 2014 12:38 am

thanks for the responses, i'll try to chill out and just enjoy the experience... while i was waiting to get into the old warehouse at night i got up and made some food, i should've been exploring the docks :P

also the more i research the more spoilers i unintentionally find, so i think i'll just play now (just dont want the bad ending XD)
timic83

Postby Mitsuzuki » Fri May 30, 2014 11:25 am

Thief wrote: Honestly -- Shenmue is one of those games in which I'd be very sad to know that I've seen everything there is to see.

I think I have every guidebook, but all I've done is cursory flip throughs. I've never used them to find more things in the game.

Having said that, if you've done enough playthroughs, I can see the appeal in using them to find the things you missed.
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby BlueMue » Fri May 30, 2014 12:07 pm

Thief wrote: Honestly -- Shenmue is one of those games in which I'd be very sad to know that I've seen everything there is to see.

You can't have seen everything. There is always something new to see in Shenmue! It just never ends to amaze. 8)

BlueMue has received a thanks from: Giorgio
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Kenny » Fri May 30, 2014 4:32 pm

They might as well have put the ability to go to school.

Wouldn't have made a lick of difference in the gameplay, really.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby shengoro86 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:24 am

Yup Shenmue has some things like that.
Ine-san also tells you to visit your martial arts instructor as well, which you never do.

I forget where she says this but I believe it is on disc 1. You need to talk to her in the morning when you wake up at a certain part of the game.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby ys » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:25 pm

Mitsuzuki wrote: You know what, don't worry about what you're missing.

There are many events that exist in the game- some you'll see and some you'll miss.

Just play through the game and enjoy the moments. After you complete the games, it will give you new and fresh things to try on a second playthrough.

Exactly. The game does have a notebook but I approached it mostly as if it was "real life" : letting things happen. It's a much greater dynamic that way. And I discovered missed things anyway in later playthroughs which enhanced the experience.
It's actually those little things people mention about the weather, life, errands,... that make Shenmue feel more alive. Many other games only have stuff like this in cutscenes. The problem with that is that the world feels empty when you're outside of missions/cutscenes then.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby RicoDredd » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:16 am

If you're below the age to drop out legally, acquire some means to get to the school you're registered at and attend said school. If you're eligible, find a college that interests you and check into it. Transportation is up to you then.

:rotflmao:
RicoDredd
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue-kogami's version

Return to Shenmue