possible to 100% shenmue and still get a good ending?

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

possible to 100% shenmue and still get a good ending?

Postby timic83 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:10 am

this is merely hypothetical, but is it possible to get every toy, prize, cassette, move, etc. in the game on one playthough? and if possible, how long would it take, real life and ingame?
timic83
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: possible to 100% shenmue and still get a good ending?

Postby BlueMue » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:39 am

Well you need a lot of luck, skill and a LOT of time. Considering that you only get 500 Yen a day you got to be lucky what you get from the toy capsules. You need to be good enough at Hang-On and Space Harrier to actually beat them.
You get a lot of money when you work at the harbor but there isn't that much time during the lunch break or after work is over. You also need a ton of time for the slot machines. Getting the certificates and winning the jackpot prizes on every class of slot machine multiple times in order to trade them with Oishi on the Passport Disc.

Oh and don't forgett the raffle... With increased chances during christmas it's not too bad to get everything at the Tomato Mart but winning the S-prize at Abe's is a totaly differnt story.

Considering how much days you have in the game this should all be possible. You may have to be willing to reload a day if you didn't get anything new. I'd say you have to play at least 100 hours to get all this.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby BigTuna » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:37 pm

I really don't think that's possible, man. Like the person above me said. It'd take a lot of luck.
Also, as lame as this may sound. I'm still trying to figure out how to get my notebook 100% filled in Shenmue. No matter how hard I try. On every play through I do there always seems to be empty spaces.
BigTuna
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Currently playing: Breath Of The Wild

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:14 am

BigTuna wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how to get my notebook 100% filled in Shenmue. No matter how hard I try. On every play through I do there always seems to be empty spaces.

You just can't because the paths diverge at certain parts of the storyline, that's just the way the game is designed. Believe me, I've tried to see if there's any way around that over the years myself and there isn't. The closest you can get to it is to keep going to Lapis Fortune Tellers over and over whenever anything of any worth happens in the storyline, which will fill in a lot of the missing pieces in the notebook.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby shengoro86 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:21 pm

I believe the only way to 100% it is over multiple playthroughs since 100% would mean that you see everything. Since the path does divulge in certain ways, it is either considerably difficult or impossible to do without cheating.

Keep in mind that you need to spend a good amount of time failing warehouse #8 to get that map and you also need to talk to all of the NPCs alot.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby zohaa » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:29 am

That's a good thing! I'll definately tune into it for a while every now and then when it's running.
zohaa
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Return to Shenmue