The last time you played Shenmue?

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

The last time you played Shenmue?

Postby lavrentis » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:04 am

Coming up to 1 year from it now.

Thinking i'll play it again. and again and again until I am insane.
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: The last time you played Shenmue?

Postby JMan » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:17 am

I've only played Shenmue 1 twice (last time two years ago) and Shenmue 2 once (10 years ago) in my lifetime. I tend to stay away from it and just re-watch clips of it on You Tube because I hate taking time out of my life to get invested in the storyline (which is so easy to do) before being subjected to that god awful cliffhanger. Though I'm thinking of doing a playthrough of Kogami's undub after exams.
JMan
Master of the Three Blades

Postby we420 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:59 am

The last time I played Shenmue was during the Summer. I usually hop on Shenmue II every now and then just to play the Shenmue Collection
we420

PSN: silva340
XBL: we420
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Yakuza 6/God of War

Postby ShenGCH » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:50 pm

Between 1999 and the early 2000s, I played Shenmue very regularly - monthly and sometimes even weekly, I would say - but I don't think I've played it since roughly 2007, which was actually quite a surprise when I thought about it. I'm planning on getting a new Dreamcast and controllers, etc., seeing as my brother decided to take the Dreamcast with him when he moved out last year. Looking forward to returning to Yokosuka after all these years :D.

xx
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Esppiral » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:57 pm

About 2 months ago.
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Postby Supa » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:12 pm

It's been at least a year...looking forward to playing through both really soon again though!
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby BlueMue » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:13 pm

Well it depends on what you consider as "playing". I've been playing both Shenmue and especially Shenmue II a LOT in the last couple of months because of all the videos I made. These sessions were only parts of the games and I zoomed through everything.

The last time I really played one of the games from start to finish and for the purpose of enjoying it was in May I think and it was the Xbox version of Shenmue II. I typically play through the games at least one time a year. I wish I could take a longer break from playing them to really enjoy them again afterwards. But I can't. I simply can't stay away from Shenmue that long. I can't even imagine how some people that really like the game haven't played it for multiple years.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Axm » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:53 pm

About a year ago. Ive been counting on the HD remasters.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby ShenGCH » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:58 pm

BlueMue wrote: Well it depends on what you consider as "playing". I've been playing both Shenmue and especially Shenmue II a LOT in the last couple of months because of all the videos I made. These sessions were only parts of the games and I zoomed through everything.

The last time I really played one of the games from start to finish and for the purpose of enjoying it was in May I think and it was the Xbox version of Shenmue II. I typically play through the games at least one time a year. I wish I could take a longer break from playing them to really enjoy them again afterwards. But I can't. I simply can't stay away from Shenmue that long. I can't even imagine how some people that really like the game haven't played it for multiple years.

Do you have any plans to make new videos any time soon, dude? They're brilliant and really fascinating!

xx
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby _StreetSonic_ » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:40 pm

I believe I played Shenmue earlier this year or last year. I had to re-buy it because for some reason I didn't have it or couldn't find it. In my life I haven't played it completely many times; maybe less than 10; probably around 5. This is probably because my interest in video games went from very very high to very very low. I do enjoy watching walkthroughs with commentaries. Currently I like to watch Mytee Wun. He's funny to me and has a British accent! At one point I wouldn't watch walkthroughs because I wanted the game to fade in my memory until a HD release.
_StreetSonic_
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby ShenGCH » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:36 pm

_StreetSonic_ wrote:This is probably because my interest in video games went from very very high to very very low.

I felt the same way about video games for some time recently, too, but then it eventually occurred to me that it wasn't all video games I had lost interest in, but certain genres and, in effect, series of video games that I'd grown tired of. First-person shooters, which used to be one of my favourite genres, are of very little interest to me now. The last one I really enjoyed was Titanfall (really, really, really good before they fucked it with team 'rebalancing'), but I would be just fine if I never played another one again. (Note: games that are merely set in first-person are just fine, however.)

Now if I find myself quickly losing interest in a game I'm playing, I don't think, "Man, I just don't dig video games any more," but come to accept that I just don't like that particular game. I think now I'm older and more desensitised to all the things that seemed so awesome back in the day, I seek more than just something on a screen that provides a quick thrill. I'm always looking for something more than that, and that's pretty cool.

xx
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby south carmain » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:57 pm

finished shenmue one 4 months ago then moved on to shenmue 2 but my crappy laptop had problems emulating it. I'll probably finish shenmue 2 when I can get reicast working on my note 4 or get a console that can play it. Part of me wants to hold off in hopes SEGA might release the hd versions this year even though that feels like wishful thinking.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby gabril » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:55 pm

playing on real dreamcast and with real old tv with 480p resolution or lower is always the best experience ahahahah 8)
gabril
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Europa Universalis4

Postby Perfect_Chaos » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:30 pm

the last time was about 6 months ago. the past few years or so ive been playing Shenmue 1&2 back to back about once a year. My 10 year old daughter watches every second of it. she loves it. when i was a kid HOLY SHIT i used to play it non stop. quite a few times i remember starting a new game as soon as the credits stopped rolling
Perfect_Chaos
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ShenGCH » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:47 am

Perfect_Chaos wrote: the last time was about 6 months ago. the past few years or so ive been playing Shenmue 1&2 back to back about once a year. My 10 year old daughter watches every second of it. she loves it. when i was a kid HOLY SHIT i used to play it non stop. quite a few times i remember starting a new game as soon as the credits stopped rolling

Aww, that's fucking awesome, man! To be young and playing Shenmue for the very first time again... Good times :D. (Not when it ended, though. I felt sad and empty as fuck the first time I ever completed it and saw those credits roll, knowing it was the end of the journey 'til the next chapter :sad:.)
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Next

Return to Shenmue