Finding Charlie

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Finding Charlie

Postby Feelers Rebo » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:14 am

I have some free time and started playing through the game again. I can't remember how I found Charlie? Done the fight in the car park with all those goons, and Fuku-san advised me to talk to Akemi (or whatever her name is) from Bar Yokosuka, but Ryo never asks her about the tattoo parlour, and she always tells him to go home. I thought I talked to the angry bikers in my past playthroughs, but no matter where I talk to them, they just tell me to get lost. No-one else offers advice, and Ryo just asks people about their daily lives, so I thought someone here might be able to tell me what I'm missing (thanks in advance!)
Feelers Rebo
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Finding Charlie

Postby Giorgio » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:52 am

What your/Ryo's Notebook's last entry? What is written to it as the latest update/ notebook entry?
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Feelers Rebo » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:02 pm

The last two are: "Tattoo Parlor location..." and "Yokosuka Bar's Akemi should know". I also have a clue - "2 men standing near motorcycles", so I'm sure I'm on the right track with the angry bikers, but I'm wondering if I need to do something to trigger the conversation I want. Currently they only give Ryo shit.
Feelers Rebo

Postby ShenGCH » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:17 pm

Feelers Rebo wrote: I have some free time and started playing through the game again. I can't remember how I found Charlie? Done the fight in the car park with all those goons, and Fuku-san advised me to talk to Akemi (or whatever her name is) from Bar Yokosuka, but Ryo never asks her about the tattoo parlour, and she always tells him to go home. I thought I talked to the angry bikers in my past playthroughs, but no matter where I talk to them, they just tell me to get lost. No-one else offers advice, and Ryo just asks people about their daily lives, so I thought someone here might be able to tell me what I'm missing (thanks in advance!)

Hmm... that does sound strange. Have you tried going directly to the tattoo parlour? If I remember correctly, you can go straight there from the fight in the car park and the dude will tell you to come back the next day; or go there during the day, and the cutscene should initiate.

Let us know how it goes :).
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Feelers Rebo » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:26 pm

Tried going there once, and there was no answer. I'll try there again and I'll try and catch the bikers again in the evening, but if there's no luck, might just start a new game. Maybe because of my premature visit, the game thinks I found it and that's why it won't trigger the biker's conversation?

Thanks for the responses
Feelers Rebo

Postby Giorgio » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:27 pm

Feelers Rebo wrote: The last two are: "Tattoo Parlor location..." and "Yokosuka Bar's Akemi should know". I also have a clue - "2 men standing near motorcycles", so I'm sure I'm on the right track with the angry bikers, but I'm wondering if I need to do something to trigger the conversation I want. Currently they only give Ryo shit.

Usually when you talk to the 2 bikers (one is with a bandana) and you ask them about a Tattoo Parlor around here, they eventually ask you if you want to join their gang. If you reply with a Yes (a lie), then they will tell you the Tattoo Parlor's location.

In any case, Tattoo Parlor's location is at Okayama Heights, that is across from Yokosuka Bar (look at a map where those places are). - If I remember well, Tattoo Parlor is open from 2:00pm and after.
Last edited by Giorgio on Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby ShenGCH » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:33 pm

Feelers Rebo wrote: Tried going there once, and there was no answer. I'll try there again and I'll try and catch the bikers again in the evening, but if there's no luck, might just start a new game. Maybe because of my premature visit, the game thinks I found it and that's why it won't trigger the biker's conversation?

Thanks for the responses

Could be a glitch that has put progression into a limbo of sorts. Very strange as I've never had anything like this happen to me before. Try visiting the tattoo parlour after 2:00pm, as Giorgio suggested, and see if anything occurs. If not... well, we'll cross that bridge if we come to it.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Feelers Rebo » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:34 pm

Turns out I'm safe - got in the parlour, I was just for some reason never told to "come back tomorrow". No wonder Ryo wasn't asking anything relevant.
Thanks for the help, anyway!
Feelers Rebo

Postby ShenGCH » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:42 pm

Feelers Rebo wrote: Turns out I'm safe - got in the parlour, I was just for some reason never told to "come back tomorrow". No wonder Ryo wasn't asking anything relevant.
Thanks for the help, anyway!

Awesome! Glad everything's back on track. Now, go find that sunglasses-wearing bastard and give him a slap from me :D.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Return to Shenmue