Support a Shenmue T-shirt design by signing a petition

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Support a Shenmue T-shirt design by signing a petition

Postby hybrid3415 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:04 am

I was redirected to this forum from the Reddit group.

I'm a part of an independent company (ran by two gamer girls) called Gametee http://www.gametee.co.uk/.

Gametee was founded by two sisters with a life-long passion for video games. With the help of 582 inspirational Kickstarter backers who believed in their dream. Owners of Gametee, A.J. and Lucy Hateley, were able to fund their first production run of high quality, premium t-shirts for video gamers. Since then, Gametee has quickly grown to be the preferred choice of gamers who want to look great, feel comfortable, and wear with pride.

They deeply love what they do, and are committed to good business ethics, sustainable production, and fully supporting the gaming community.

I work alongside Gametee as their official photographer for their products, but also take great pleasure in speaking with the director about potential T-shirt designs. A personal favourite concept which I'd like to see come to fruition, is a Shenmue based design.

Fond memories fill my head from over 14 years ago when I first got my hands on Shenmue and spent hours upon hours of playing an incredible Japanese "slice-of-life" video game. Spending time wandering the streets of 1980's Japan, talking to locals, buying groceries, and trying to complete that extensive gacha machine collection.

The director of Gametee (AJ) also loves this incredible game, and would love to create a new T-shirt design with a subtle reference to this Sega masterpiece. However I need to prove to her that there is an audience willing to invest in such a design. The game (as we all know) is a little obscure, and somewhat of a niche crowd following, however I know from reading Shenmue forums (praying for a Shenmue 3 creation) how passionate the fan base is.

Which brings me to this petition…

I’ve put forward the idea to AJ at Gametee, that if I can find a solid audience of 100 people interested in a uniquely inspired Shenmue T-shirt design, that the director will be willing to put forward a new T-shirt.

Understand this isn’t a contract for you to purchase a T-shirt, just that you’d be interested in one being designed! Show support!

What will the design look like?
Only A.J knows. But you only have to spend a few minutes looking at her unique designs and huge support from other artists to know that the design will be nothing short of amazing. What better way to show your love for this incredible game, than with an incredible luxury T-shirt you can wear with pride.

Check out previous T-shirt designs to get a feel for the style of artwork here: http://www.gametee.co.uk/category/t-shirts
http://www.gametee.co.uk/category/all-art#.VTO1uq1VhHw

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/gameteeshenmue

TL;DR:

Sign this petition, help me get an awesome Shenmue T-shirt made. :D

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/gameteeshenmue

hybrid3415 has received 4 thanks from: Axm, KiBa, Peter, Supa
hybrid3415
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Support a Shenmue T-shirt design by signing a petition

Postby Brosauce » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:33 am

"Gametee was founded by two sisters with a life-long passion for videogames"

Right, and I'm supposed to believe that.

Anyway, Im intrested. More T-shirts for me. Kewl beans.
Brosauce
Banned
Banned

PSN: Playstation Network
XBL: Xbox Live
Nintendo FC: Nintendo Network
Steam: Steam ID
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Education

Postby hybrid3415 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:12 pm

Brosauce wrote: "Gametee was founded by two sisters with a life-long passion for videogames"

Right, and I'm supposed to believe that.

What's not to believe? It might come as a huge shock to you but... girls play video games too! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Anyway, thanks for the interest :lol:
hybrid3415

Postby Peter » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:41 pm

Signed. Any new Shenmue items are always welcome. :nice!:
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby hybrid3415 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:13 pm

Peter wrote: Signed. Any new Shenmue items are always welcome. :nice!:

Thanks for the support Peter!

Like I said in my initial post, I help the girls with the photography of their products, so I have no say over the designs. However any support from people here, I can put forward to show them how awesome a Shenmue design could be.

The verbal deal we came to was that I needed 100 people to show interest. If you can suggest other places to share this idea, please let me know. =D>
hybrid3415

Postby Peter » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:36 pm

The Shenmue 500k Facebook page will see you get 100 signatures in no time (I hope!). Also try the Hazuki Dojo (a bit dead though) and also search for the last Shenmue related topic at NeoGaf and throw a post in there.

www.Facebook.com/Shenmue500k
www.hazukidojo.com/forum/index.php
www.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=779411
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby hybrid3415 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:57 am

Peter wrote: The Shenmue 500k Facebook page will see you get 100 signatures in no time (I hope!).
http://www.Facebook.com/Shenmue500k

Unfortunately I'm not on Facebook, so if someone could post the link on there for me with a small explaination of what this is about, that'd be awesome.

Oh, BTW, Gametee is based in the UK, but they do ship worldwide (in the event that a T-shirt is made)
hybrid3415

Postby Supa » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:21 am

Signed!

...people still post at Hazuki Dojo?
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Peter » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:24 pm

I have posted a notice on the Shenmue 500K page so fingers crossed that easily gets you 100 signatures. Tell whoever looks after the Facebook aspect of the website to check out Shenmue 500K. There should be plenty of support there

I've also put a post into the NeoGaf Shenmue Community topic, so hopefully we can hit your 100 mark for you. :nice!:
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Mitsuzuki » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:51 pm

Signed.

Ryo rides a motorcycle and imagining it in the style of the Spirit of Midgar tee starts to bring to mind the fresh new look this could bring. Could be really sweet indeed.

Keep in mind collectors may buy two- one to display and one to wear.
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby BlueMue » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:23 pm

Gave my support, quickly signed it too just now.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby hybrid3415 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:36 am

Wow! Thanks everyone, also a great suggestion about the Spirit of Midgar T-shirt.

With A.J's style, she tends to make subtle references that only the gamers will notice. The few ideas I've put forward are a 1980's style poster design for the Game Center or a Mad Angels gang design. But I'm sure if this does go ahead it'll be awesome.

Thanks for the support. Keep sharing with your friends, and I'll keep you posted of any updates.
hybrid3415

Postby hybrid3415 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:01 am

Peter wrote: I've also put a post into the NeoGaf Shenmue Community topic, so hopefully we can hit your 100 mark for you. :nice!:

Peter! I managed to find the group on Facebook (you don't need a Facebook account to look) and saw your message on there. Thanks for that, it was excellently worded. Also thanks for the follow up comments, obviously this isn't official merchandise, nor is it a commitment to buy a T-shirt. It's just a way for fans to give back and represent the game they love.

You only have to search the #GameTee on Twitter to see people posing with their T-shirts and hoodies that the girls designed. Imagine seeing a sea of Shenmue T-shirts! =D>
hybrid3415

Postby Mitsuzuki » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:43 pm

If these shirts are made before September, I might wear one during Fan Expo- a big gaming/sci-fi/horror/comic con that happens every year in Toronto.
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby shengoro86 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:11 pm

Signed.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge