It's shocking how many people don't know you can fight...

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Re: It's shocking how many people don't know you can fight..

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:32 am

If you promise yourself to feed the kitten everyday like you're in real life, the visitors are not really a rare thing. The fight popping clearly is.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby ShenGCH » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:34 am

Zoltor wrote:No I'm not.

Sigh oh boy, I had no idea this was even some kind of secret, I can't believe Yu made this into some secret thing, I must of just found out by chance, looks like I'm going to have to .

I don't remember at what stage of the story I was on, when I decided to stop doing story(likewise in hind sight, I wish I wrote down the days/times I saw the shrine get visitors), to do everything else, which is when I found this.

Due to Shenmue 1, I did end up getting into the habit of talking to NPCs multiple times, so much infact, it became 2nd nature every time I'm playing a Shenmue game, so I don't recall if I had to talk to the thugs like 3-4 times, did you try that?

To sand4fish: Sigh why would I do something like that, involving something I had no idea was some kind of hidden secret?

I wanted to play Shenmue 2(I want to try to do a completionist run of it, never did such for 2 yet, only did one for the 1st game), but looks like I'm going to have to play Shenmue 1, and take pictures of such(might as well try to catch a Shrine visitor while I'm at it too.

Hm so these things really aren't known then, It's not just reviewers over looking such huh, oh boy something tells me now It's going to be a pain, I'm shocked no one else has found this in 16 years, hopefully It's not to hard to refind.

I'll probally get around to the play through at the end of December, so if all goes as planned, I should have pics of both, the shrine visitors, and the fights with the daily street thug encounters.

Looking forward to it, dude :D

After sixteen years, new things are still being discovered in the game. The last thing I remember being discovered (not counting things cut from the game that still exist within the code, such as the alternate post-chase cutscene with Jimmy) was the ability to dong the gong in Bunkado Antiques, unless someone can clarify on something else being discovered since then?
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Miles Prower » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:42 am

Zoltor wrote:
Miles Prower wrote: Ok, I don't know anything about this supposed secret fight sequence, but stop acting like visitors to the shrine is some super secret amazing thing. I'm sure most of us know some characters visit the shrine, like Liu-san first thing in the morning, and sometimes the kids in the neighbourhood.

Well there's an entire thread on these forums devoted to discussing such(think it was about some mod, designed to add more shrine visitors to reflect the Japanese version), and how the shrine in the NA release supposedly doesn't get visitors, so blame people on this site about such. However in any case, visitors to the shrine are unusually rare, and It's not based on a daily routine thing either(nor does the weather system play a factor), It's some weird mechanic, based on a specific day/other variables.

Apologies - didn't see that thread till now (just found it). Liu-san defintely visits the shrine in my European version though (and I'm assuming the US version)
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987

Postby sand4fish » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:49 am

Look Zoltor, I'm not trying to call you a liar. But this is really hard to believe as there were many Shenmue completionists before you who painstakingly went through every nook and cranny of the game, without noticing the fight loop you refer to. I think it's natural for all of us to be a bit skeptical, so that's is why I ask you of any video or pics you might have of your incredible find because it's incredible to me.

sand4fish has received 2 thanks from: Miles Prower, SickOctopus
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Zoltor » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:15 am

Yokosuka wrote: If you promise yourself to feed the kitten everyday like you're in real life, the visitors are not really a rare thing. The fight popping clearly is.

Oh ok, I fed the cat a bunch of times, but don't think I was ever too gunho over doing such(I didn't let it starve or anything, but at the same time, wasn't feeding it as much as I should've sigh(kept forgetting to buy milk/cat food every time at the store, and I got too busy doing other things during the day)

I'm going to have to replay Shenmue one, and do a though search to document how, and when to trigger such(although I do know once It's triggered, you can do it every day, and I have an "idea" where I was in the story so I guess that's atleast a starting point.

The scary thing is, you're looking at someone who managed to get the bad, and good ending in the same play through(boy I'm lucky disc 3 Isn't very big, so I was able to reload my last save, and finish the story before the bad ending kicks in), without utilizing tricks to more or less skip days, so it may take awhile to hunt it down, depending how well It's hidden(with any luck, the date/month wont matter).

To sand4fish: You need to understand, I actually had no idea this was even supposedly some kind of secret, and when reviewers didn't mention you could do such, it annoyed the hell out of me, so that's why I started this thread.

Now that I'm being told it supposedly doesn't exist or atleast no one else has stumbled upon such, I'm going to have to trigger it again, recording my findings(I always thought of that as just a awesome past time, not some secret).

All this is because of my area search method(It's very methodical to say the least, surprised it worked on a game like this though), combined with the nature of side quest in this series, It's hard to figure out what's a secret, and what's not(unless It's something like the duck racing, and Fanmei's birthday quests). Now that I know It's a secret, I'll keep track of exactly what I do, upto the point to where I trigger such.
Last edited by Zoltor on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby BlueMue » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:25 am

I get the feeling that you've looked way to long at these Beta screenshots...

If a fight around that area still exists that would be an amazing find indeed.
I hope you don't just hype people up with fake rumors here.

BlueMue has received 2 thanks from: Miles Prower, Shibiryo
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Zoltor » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:35 am

BlueMue wrote: I get the feeling that you've looked way to long at these Beta screenshots...

Actually that's the thing though, until the Shenmue 3 announcement I never looked online for Shenmue info(the one, and only timed I looked up anything Shenmue related, before Shenmue 3 announcement, was in gamefaqs for "only" a complete list of toys you can get from the machines in Shenmue 1, that is literally it), and I never saw those at all.

Note: Furthermore, none of my fights took place on the hills, that's just where I waited until the right time of day, to go looking for the thugs.

Interesting though, didn't know they were originally going to allow fights on the hill. I'm not even sure the NPCs in question go up that hill at all, but I suppose after I trigger the fights on normal roads, I'll tail them one time, to see if they go up the hill at all, and then check to see if it will allow me to fight them.
Last edited by Zoltor on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Miles Prower » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:36 am

BlueMue wrote: I get the feeling that you've looked way to long at these Beta screenshots...

Funnily enough this made me think of those pics too...agreed with you, Bluemue and sand4fish, though...
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987

Postby Himuro » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:37 am

The NA version of the shrine does get visitors. I did it the other day.

Yokosuka wrote: If you promise yourself to feed the kitten everyday like you're in real life, the visitors are not really a rare thing. The fight popping clearly is.

Nope, feed the kitten every day, every morning. I always fight Fuku right in the morning, then I go to the kitten around 9 am.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Shibiryo » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:40 am

You're dreaming Zoltor, give it up. It's not true at all and even through pics/ videos you won't convince me. Sorry but that's just that.
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Shenmue 1&2

Postby Zoltor » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:45 am

Shibiryo wrote: You're dreaming Zoltor, give it up. It's not true at all and even through pics/ videos you won't convince me. Sorry but that's just that.

Omg now you did it, now I'm going to really have to find it, no matter how long it takes, and I'll make you eat those words too :) Don't believe me, but I'm sure if I told you exactly how to unlock such, you'll try it your self, and thus have no choice but to believe what you are seeing.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:51 am

Himuro wrote: Nope, feed the kitten every day, every morning. I always fight Fuku right in the morning, then I go to the kitten around 9 am.

Every morning and every evening in hopes of unlocking an unknown easter egg like I do for the prayer before drawing golden tickets.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Himuro » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:57 am

Yokosuka wrote:
Himuro wrote: Nope, feed the kitten every day, every morning. I always fight Fuku right in the morning, then I go to the kitten around 9 am.

Every morning and every evening in hopes of unlocking an unknown easter egg like I do for the prayer before drawing golden tickets.

I have no idea what you're talking about.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Shibiryo » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:06 am

By reading all of your posts in this thread I can already tell that you're making it up on the spot and are trying to do something bizarre. Why? I have no idea but it's not cool.

An example of this is when BlueMue caught your arse with the beta pictures and I have no doubt that is where your bullshit started from.

Not being rude at all Zoltor but just give it up now please. I know you're lying for some reason I do not of so just give it up.
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Shenmue 1&2

Postby Himuro » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:13 am

Gangsters don't go into the Sakuragaoka neighborhood anyways. That area is strictly reserved for people like Naoyuki, the Gossip Gaggle;etc. Pretty sure most people who are gangsters or whatever live in the apartments in Dobuita.

It's quite possible you're thinking of an Enoki and Urameshi fight. You can fight them and their cronies in a large battle behind the houses above the stairs on the path towards Sakuragaoka in Dobuita. But it's not something you can repeat or anything.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue