Favorite minor character

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Re: Favorite minor character

Postby shengoro86 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:33 pm

For Shenmue 1:
Itoi-san since his english dub is amazing

For Shenmue 2:
I'd say a tie between Izumi and the kid who you promise to come back and play baseball with in Guilin.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby BlueMue » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:02 am

This is a tough matter to decide on. There are so many characters in the games and it's tough to even find where minor starts.

For Shenmue I really like to pick Yohei Kondo now.
Dude seems like a stoner but in reality he's just drowsy all the time and the voice acting makes sense after all.
His whole backstory of crashing his friends car, working two jobs at once, winning money at mahjong and then losing it by investing in some shady deal is just interesting and funny.

For Shenmue II I'll go with Zhai Xian Li
This old bum at the Free Stay Lodge has quite some interesting dialogue to offer, as I recently discovered. He doesn't really do much to the story but that makes him really minor and yet he has some very wise advice for Ryo.
He also gets a bonus for just enjoying the beautiful enviroment of Guilin later on, by just chilling and sleeping in the grass between all the flowers and butterflies.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby shengoro86 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:34 pm

BlueMue wrote:
He also gets a bonus for just enjoying the beautiful enviroment of Guilin later on, by just chilling and sleeping in the grass between all the flowers and butterflies.

Oh wow! I never noticed this before. Such a cool detail! I guess we now know where he was headed to :D
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Previous

Return to Shenmue