Lets Talk Shenmue HD

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Re: Lets Talk Shenmue HD

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:05 am

To clarify for anyone not clicking the link, that's in response to being asked whether Sega plans to release any retro consoles. Not a direct question about Shenmue. (Although it's the kind of fluff answer you'd expect to hear on just about any random topic.)
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby BalHan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:03 pm

Do you think if they remaster Shenmue that some of the dialogue in the game will be redone?

I know some of the dialogue in the English version was lost in translation such as Ryo saying with resignation 'I can't believe my father killed someone' when apparently the literal translation from the Japanese dialogue should be 'I can't think that my father would kill someone'.

This caused some confusion for me when I played Shenmue II and Ryo reacted with horror when told by Yuanda Zhu that his father had killed the father of Lan Di.

Also, the differences in the pronunciation of names and the order of first and last names of certain characters was confusing for a fifteen year old kid who couldn't understand why they would change their names lol.

I've come to understand thanks to this forum why that was done but I think, for sake of consistency, It would be a good move to rectify these differences between Shenmue and Shenmue II.
BalHan
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Niowiad » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:58 pm

I just hope they'll be released in the first place.
Even then, I'd personally be very surprised if they do anything more than cosmetic 8-[
Niowiad
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby spud1897 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:13 am

6 Likely but remember this is Sega.

The market is right for it with the amount of remakes plus Shenmue 3 on the way. Also it would garner a huge amount of publicity. I hope they tighten the old games up a bit. We all know people will moan about the controls on the game.
spud1897
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: spud19870
Steam: spud19870
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Horizon, Shenmue 2

Postby Cyberman » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:59 am

I sure hope so.
Cyberman
Sailor
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Rafik » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:00 am

BalHan wrote: Do you think if they remaster Shenmue that some of the dialogue in the game will be redone?

I know some of the dialogue in the English version was lost in translation such as Ryo saying with resignation 'I can't believe my father killed someone' when apparently the literal translation from the Japanese dialogue should be 'I can't think that my father would kill someone'.

This caused some confusion for me when I played Shenmue II and Ryo reacted with horror when told by Yuanda Zhu that his father had killed the father of Lan Di.

Also, the differences in the pronunciation of names and the order of first and last names of certain characters was confusing for a fifteen year old kid who couldn't understand why they would change their names lol.

I've come to understand thanks to this forum why that was done but I think, for sake of consistency, It would be a good move to rectify these differences between Shenmue and Shenmue II.

I hope they will make a remastered version like Okami HD ( :heart:) in PS3/PS4/PC or even better a remake but I don't believe they do it.

I don't understand why they wait longtime to out Shenmue 1&2 HD. #-o
A lot of people don't know Shenmue's game and it's not good for Shenmue III if remastered version out to late.
Rafik

Steam: rafik_93

Postby SheepheadCG » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:03 am

Sega tweeting out about an event tomorrow with a "HUGE" announcement. Not getting my hopes up, but let's wait and see :P

https://twitter.com/SEGA_Europe/status/984793771870126081

SheepheadCG has received 2 thanks from: James Brown, Niowiad
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby BalHan » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:28 pm

Man I'm so stoked about this! I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up! Will there be a livestream on YouTube?
BalHan

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:52 pm

BalHan wrote: Man I'm so stoked about this! I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up! Will there be a livestream on YouTube?

Check the thread in the Shenmue III forum. There are links, and I believe it is being streamed.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Previous

Return to Shenmue