Lets Talk Shenmue HD

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Re: Lets Talk Shenmue HD

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:07 am

I believe we will see Shenmue 1&2 HD this year. I can feel it. Its been done.
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby Valascaziel » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:05 pm

HD Remaster fervor and nostalgia is at an all-time high as we head into 2018.

Dark Souls Remastered, Shadow of the Colossus HD, Devil May Cry HD Collection, even Assassins Creed: Rogue is getting a paint coat. We also have the Mega Man Collections coming this year. Reception to these announcements has been very positive for the most part..

To me, 2018 is the right year for it based on these trends happening, as well as Shenmue IIIs marketing ramping up as E3 quickly approaches.

Valascaziel has received a thanks from: Abraham_1
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby spud1897 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:28 am

Valascaziel wrote: HD Remaster fervor and nostalgia is at an all-time high as we head into 2018.

Dark Souls Remastered, Shadow of the Colossus HD, Devil May Cry HD Collection, even Assassins Creed: Rogue is getting a paint coat. We also have the Mega Man Collections coming this year. Reception to these announcements has been very positive for the most part..

To me, 2018 is the right year for it based on these trends happening, as well as Shenmue IIIs marketing ramping up as E3 quickly approaches.

You're quite right. Also retro gaming as a whole is on a massive boom at the moment, coupled in with the fact Retro-Bit are making new controllers for the Saturn, Mega Drive and DC.

Given the response to Sega-Europes Twitter Poll (see Team Yu) where Shenmue had 28% of all game responses demand is going up and up. What better time than now for Sega to take the plunge and go for it.

As a side note all of this reaffirms that we grew up in one hell of an era for gaming back during the 90's and 00's
spud1897
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: spud19870
Steam: spud19870
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Horizon, Shenmue 2

Postby ShenmueTree » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:57 am

I do not believe in Shenmue HD.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby celsowm » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:21 pm

Sega is teasing something to 16th January:

https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/9518467 ... 94/photo/1
celsowm
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: celsowmbr
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby jasonorme666 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:18 pm

SEGA are teasing again.

jasonorme666

Postby Niowiad » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:02 pm

A lightbulb? I'm not smart enough to find a link between that and Shenmue HD :whip:
Niowiad

Postby BlueMue » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:36 pm

Well it's somewhat of a Shenmue item, considering you can buy one and use it in the basement.
But a lightbulb is a very generic thing, symbolising just about any "idea" and there are 1000s of other things that I would rather link with Shenmue.

BlueMue has received 2 thanks from: Abraham_1, Niowiad
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Valascaziel » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:19 pm

It's gonna be a simulation game from a company called Two Point. Back to the dream, folks.. :(

Valascaziel has received a thanks from: Abraham_1
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby iyapol » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:38 pm

BlueMue wrote: Well it's somewhat of a Shenmue item, considering you can buy one and use it in the basement.
But a lightbulb is a very generic thing, symbolising just about any "idea" and there are 1000s of other things that I would rather link with Shenmue.

Yep - clutching at a bucketful of straws if people think this is Shenmue related.

[-(
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Red_Ryo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:47 pm

Considering I'm about to play Shenmue 2 for the first time, I don't really care too much. It would be cool for the people that haven't played it and refuse to get a Dramcast/Xbox.
Red_Ryo
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: Eli_Saieh_
Nintendo FC: Eli_Saieh_S
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby elfshadowreaper » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:45 pm

I’ve been holding off playing either for a few years because I don’t want to be bored with the game if they release HD versions.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:00 pm

Rumblings of an HD re-release of Shenmue 1 & 2 have been in the air for a while, heating up in 2016 after Shenmue III entered full production. We originally reported in 2017 that we had heard rumors of such a project in development at SEGA that was once expected to be announced by the end of the year, but cautioned that was subject to change. Unfortunately for fans of the series, no announcement was made and the mystery lingered on.

Since then, I’ve heard an update from those same sources and have spoken to other journalists in Europe that claim the project is still alive and kicking at SEGA, but has been pushed back indefinitely. The reasoning behind this is said to be to related to the delayed development of Shenmue III.

When it was first announced at E3 2015, Shenmue III was stated to be targeting a launch in December 2017. In June 2017, following some sporadic updates on the game’s Kickstarter, it was officially pushed back into the second half of 2018. According to new rumors, these delays caused plans for the HD remasters of Shenmue 1 & 2 to fluctuate. As Shenmue III’s release is now uncertain, pinned down only to the last 6 months of 2018, SEGA is rumored to apparently be waiting for a more opportune time to drop 1 & 2, co-ordinating the timing around the launch of the third game.

One source directly linked to SEGA shared that the publisher was considering making an announcement all the way back at E3 in 2017, but was put off when Shenmue III slipped into 2018.

Raising over $6 million on Kickstarter, the long awaited conclusion to the trilogy has a lot to live up to and could easily find itself falling behind schedule again if Yu Suzuki & co. want to apply further polish. If there’s any truth to all of these rumors, it could still be a while before Shenmue fans see the first two games receive the HD remaster treatment. So far, these rumors go without any official word from SEGA, so we recommend readers take them with a pinch of salt for now.

We'll keep you updated as the story develops.

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/01/13/ ... shed-back/

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Valascaziel » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:33 pm

Still going to bank on E3 for a Fall / Winter release, as even assuming Shenmue gets delayed to 2019, that puts it the HDs within 6 months to a year. Good build time.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Hazuki00 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:12 am

Shenmue 3 promotion start this year, I don't think they are going to delay the game to 19 and promotion it now, so much in advance to the release time.

I bet they release it on December this year.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue