Is there a way to mod the game to make side stories?

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Is there a way to mod the game to make side stories?

Postby Jerid'sRamenShop » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:00 am

I have seen someone on here mod to make videos that obviously was not part of the game. The most hilarious, although also most endearing, was the Ryo and Lan Di tribute as they rode on the motorcycle together. This was years ago mind you. However is there a way to manipulate the game play at all? I know nothing official, but in other ways? I feel there are so many other npcs that could of made a more meaningful contribution to the story had it been up to the players to begin with. And if not interested in that, surely some crap hit the fan when he took the boat over to China. I believe there was a side game someone made about that, although not sure if it was 3D like Shenmue was or something else.

Edit: I am not sure if this goes here or to the modding/community section so please feel free to move to there if it fits better. Thank you.
Jerid'sRamenShop
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Is there a way to mod the game to make side stories?

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:51 am

Theoretically you could do it by switching out dialogue and subtitles, but it'd have to follow the exact same flow of the original game. So even if someone did go through all the trouble it'd probably be a bit shit.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Return to Shenmue