Shenmue Darts Mini Game World Record

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Shenmue Darts Mini Game World Record

Postby ScouseMouse » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:39 am

I was recording an episode of Shenmue the other day and got an epic score on the darts mini game so I was just wondering if anyone knows what the best score ever is?

I'm not saying mine is a world record lol but it would be nice to know how close I got cos it felt pretty huge. I've googled a bit but can't seem to find anything about a world record for this. I got 532 btw

Anyone remember what their best score is?
ScouseMouse
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

XBL: ScouseMouse180
Steam: ScouseMouse180
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Hollow Knight

Re: Shenmue Darts Mini Game World Record

Postby BlueMue » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:25 am

There are lists of the various leaderboards that someone made shortly before the Passport Disc went offline in 2002.

viewtopic.php?t=45554

I have a hunch that this isn't everything that was on the leaderboards. For one thing someone must've surely scored better than that. And also I have memories of uploading a darts score that would've landed VERY high on this leaderboard, yet there is nothing that matches what I remember. Maybe the 17-18 years that have passed since have taken their toll, I certainly can't remember the exact score and place I got anyway, but I'm very sure it was just a little over 700 points and that I wasn't near the top of the board at all.

Maybe some of the score have been lost leading up the the closure of the servers or maybe my score didn't get through after all. Who knows... It's definately a sad thing that most of the stuff is lost now. But at least some has been archived. Now I really wonder who this KAZEMARU is.

BlueMue has received a thanks from: ScouseMouse
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Shenmue Darts Mini Game World Record

Postby Truck_1_0_1_ » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:00 pm

Wow, Kazemaru and Zeno were great players, by the looks of it.
Truck_1_0_1_
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Truck_1_0_1_
Steam: Truck_1_0_1_
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Nothing :(

Return to Shenmue