Shenmue 1 Running Chooppy And Shenmue 2?

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Shenmue 1 Running Chooppy And Shenmue 2?

Postby pcpro66 » Thu May 15, 2003 2:02 pm

Hello,
Im playing shenmue on dreamcast and have one question. When im running through town the game will slow down kinda like a computer when your playing a game with a not so great video card. Is this normal? I also have this problem with jet grind but bot with any other games. Also will the United Kingdom import of shenmue 2 work on a us dreamcast? :?:
pcpro66
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Bambi » Thu May 15, 2003 2:04 pm

It's the strain of shenmue running on the dreamcast relax it's normal annoying but normal :D
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby pcpro66 » Thu May 15, 2003 2:09 pm

Thanks, What about my shenmue 2 question? also is there a way I can clear my cach on my dreamcast if thats whast its called that hold all my internet info?
pcpro66
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Bambi » Thu May 15, 2003 2:28 pm

In relation to your Shenmue 2 question there are a couple of ways

1. You could pay to have your machine modified

2. I belive there's a disc you can buy to play imports on your usa dc but I'm not to sure about that.

As to your other question I have no idea sorry :oops:
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Jacob Marley » Thu May 15, 2003 4:43 pm

pcpro66 wrote:Thanks, What about my shenmue 2 question? also is there a way I can clear my cach on my dreamcast if thats whast its called that hold all my internet info?

I think the cache that you refer to is called the "Modem Firmware"....and yes, I do believe it can be cleared or overwritten with new data. You'd have to use one of the web browser discs to do it, though. There's no other way to get at it, from what I've seen.
Jacob Marley
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ChaiOgawa » Thu May 15, 2003 8:34 pm

The answer to your first question is that its normal just live with it, it usually happens around the Harbour because of the big envornment and all the characters that are moving around. It doesnt happen that often and usually when you hit one of those lag spurts it only lasts for like 2 seconds so its really no big deal but yes you can get your machine modified, im sure it wold be pretty cheap now.
ChaiOgawa

Postby Silas » Fri May 16, 2003 5:14 am

It's also noticeably more of a problem when it rains. (Funny when I'm caught in the rain I run faster! :lol: )
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby T1249NTSCJØ » Sun May 18, 2003 7:58 am

What Jacob Marley mentioned is true I managed to read that somewhere, but to play "Shenmue II" on your DC just download a boot disc or go to your local import shop and purchase "DCX" for the DC.
T1249NTSCJØ
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Gongjue » Sun May 18, 2003 8:45 pm

or you can buy a chip onlie for about 15 bucks.
Gongjue
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Return to Shenmue