alright, shenmue 1 is starting to make me mad...

(Chapter 1 | General Series Discussion)

Postby JAPANFAN » Thu May 22, 2003 7:03 am

I don't mind driving the forklift. In fact, it's one of my favourite parts in the game.

It gets a little annoying at times, sure, what with the races each and every morning and the sometimes wonky controls, but for the most part, I love it. :D
JAPANFAN
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby TaoLishao » Thu May 22, 2003 8:01 pm

how can you like them!? they drag...on...and on....the same noises...music...that stupid "mwah!" when ryo hits someone...
TaoLishao
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Silas » Fri May 23, 2003 6:30 am

Yeah, and it's a weak piss-ass forklift, too. Even the cat can stop it with a paw! :lol:

Anyway, I like it because it's a challenge. Also, another reason I like it is because, although it's a different form of play, and you can't get out of the forklift, it's not a different environment! When you're racing you're in the same arena as when walking around. When you're delivering crates you're not only in the same arena, but you have the characters just doing what they do. Do you get what I mean? The challenges that arise when driving don't get harder as you go on; people aren't put in your way specifically to f*ck you up. They're just there, doing what they do, like they would in real life! It's truly random, because how the characters move depend on how they bump into each other and you, which may mean blank periods and other periods where a whole lot of people and other forklifts are in a traffic jam!

This is one major reason that forklift driving is much better than crate carrying (and as I've said elsewhere, as a game challenge crate carrying was badly thought out and badly designed.)
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SpringChick » Fri May 23, 2003 8:47 am

Driving the forklifts is fun. I like to see how quickly I can get my work done and if I can zoom around tight corners without getting stuck. 8)
SpringChick
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby ShenmueAddict » Fri May 23, 2003 11:19 am

yeh sure the controls can be a bit crap at first but after youve played it as many times as i have you become a master at driving them!!
ShenmueAddict
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: Patrickingham2
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Fallout: New Vegas

Postby nessus87 » Fri May 23, 2003 4:23 pm

Forkliftin is my davorite part of the game along with the QTEs that occour along with it.
nessus87
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Previous

Return to Shenmue