Shenmue Undub [Japanese Speech Mod] [CD-R 80/99/GDI]

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: Shenmue Undub [Japanese Speech Mod] [CD-R 80/99]

Postby brad86 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:46 am

@kogami, MEGA link for the just released Disk 3 is down dude.
brad86
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby bishopcruz » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:44 pm

Kogami, thanks for the hard work. Amazing what you have been able to do. Looks like I will have to get my hands on some 99minute CD-Rs (where the hell do I find these?)

Anyhow, I know I'm new, but if you have the untranslated text, and the context, I'm fairly confident that I can translate it, it may take a bit of time, but I've done some small translations before, nothing too major, a Tenchi Muyo manga, but its not impossible. Thank god for Rikai and all that. Let me know.
bishopcruz
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby chris1986 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:00 am

Yea you've done a really good job, the game runs smoothly for me, turning the pages in the notebook has a slight bit of slow down which is basically not even a problem, the game's running very good, you done well. 8)

Also, the link for disc 3 (99m) is down, i want to try it, I'm hoping it will burn on my 90 minute cd's on overburn, if not then i'll wait for the 80 minute cd3.
chris1986
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby kogami » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:33 am

I have to fix something on disk 3, it will be available later.

Anyhow, I know I'm new, but if you have the untranslated text, and the context, I'm fairly confident that I can translate it, it may take a bit of time, but I've done some small translations before, nothing too major, a Tenchi Muyo manga, but its not impossible. Thank god for Rikai and all that. Let me know.

Here are untranslated Japanese texts for the first disc:
Script Shenmue GD-R 1

kogami has received a thanks from: GrimMeNaCe
kogami
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby GrimMeNaCe » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:17 am

kogami wrote: I have to fix something on disk 3, it will be available later.

Script Shenmue GD-R 1

Nice, would be cool to see the rest get translated! 100% translated sounds awesome! :) I Hope to see Disc 3 for 80min soon and If you decide I really hope you can fix the problems with the 80min discs. Would load better and my DC laser won't strain as much, would keep my laser from dying faster. But its ok if you can't as I'm happy enough with what you are doing! Just hope to at least see Disc 3 for 80min done. Maybe In the future I will get 99min discs but for now I have no choice but to use 80min games. Thanks and keep up the great work Kogami! I appreciate everything you are doing.
Last edited by GrimMeNaCe on Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
GrimMeNaCe
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby ShenSun » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:57 am

Amazing work here Kogami. Shenmue fans have been dying for such a project for over a decade, and you've made it a reality.

Well done. :)
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby bishopcruz » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:54 am

kogami wrote:

Script Shenmue GD-R 1

OK, looking over it now, it seems that some of the text is repeated, or at least already translated in other strings. For example:

今、おふろ入ってるよ
----------

seems to be translated here:

Well, he's taking a bath now.
----------

but its hard to tell without direct context (Maybe 394 is supposed to be SHE instead of he.)

Nothing looks too complicated so far... which is good.

Worst case scenario, we'll get some odd repeats in sentences based on how the game calls them up.

IE

"Come back later!

You should come back then!"

Which honestly isn't THAT big an issue, as we should be used to odd conversations as Shenmue fans.
bishopcruz

Postby kogami » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:25 am

Add link for disc 3 CD-R 80/99 on the first page (look the descriptif for the CD-R 80).

bishopcruz it would be possible for you to translate the missing phrase from Japanese to English? If you get to do, I would make a version 2.00 of Shenmue Undub.
kogami
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby GrimMeNaCe » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:51 am

kogami wrote: Add link for disc 3 CD-R 80/99 on the first page (look the descriptif for the CD-R 80).

bishopcruz it would be possible for you to translate the missing phrase from Japanese to English? If you get to do, I would make a version 2.00 of Shenmue Undub.

Thanks Kogami I appreciate it man! :) Also I found some other problems with the 80min version. When you load disc one, and you don`t press anything at the start menu, the game starts showing the different logos, during that time the DC laser starts going crazy, and before it gets to load the cinematic, it just gets stuck at a black screen. Sometimes when you start the game, the game freezes on ``Still Loading``. Also the DC laser goes crazy at times trying to load the game, with heavy laser noises. I tried the ReviveDC version and I don`t have any problems. Sad to say but I don`t think your 80min version of Shenmue is very playable.. :sad: Too many issues and problems for the DC, it may end up wrecking the DC laser. I might have to wait a few months or something before I can get some 99min discs...just wish you were able to fix this huge problem. Thanks though for finishing Disc 3! I Appreciate your hard work.
GrimMeNaCe
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby bishopcruz » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:38 pm

kogami wrote: Add link for disc 3 CD-R 80/99 on the first page (look the descriptif for the CD-R 80).

I have translated all of the free files, and am currently going through the E files right now. Without complete context, some of it is a little tough, but it should serve its purpose. I lost a little bit of work in a computer reboot when I stepped away from my machine, but It shouldn't be much longer for the files provided.

BTW, do you know if a lot of the text is repeated on the files for disc 2 and 3? I at least want to make sure I translate the strings the same way on each disc.

Edit: Well, I'm done with the files posted, save one sentence that is kinda weird, I'm asking around for some help on that one, as for some reason I can't quite figure it out. Or what I figured out doesn't seem right. I just about have it tackled.
bishopcruz

Postby kogami » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:06 pm

There are duplicate file between disks, I have indicated in their title.

Script Shenmue GD-R 2
Script Shenmue GD-R 3

I sent you a private message with my email to send me the file completed.
kogami
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby bishopcruz » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:40 pm

Ok, I'll look them over. Disc 1 is done, hopefully the others aren't too tough.

Got the PM, I'll mail it when I get a chance.
bishopcruz

Postby GrimMeNaCe » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:11 pm

Sorry to say but both the 99min and 80min are not properly optimized and will cause problems with the DC laser. Good news though as Atreyu187 from ReviveDC may try to repack this game as a CDI with proper optimization. He may try to do both 99min and 80min. No promises though as he is a busy person. I sent him the download links and he checked the 99min version he says its not properly optimized and makes the laser and system work too hard. I`ve also tried the 80min version, again laser and system work too hard! And I have encountered problems where the subtitles or voices skip. If you don`t press start at the main screen as well, the laser starts going crazy when trying to load the intro cinematic.

Kogami you did a great job on the translation, bug fixing and etc., I respect and appreciate that very much! No disrespect but the optimization is poor. Both 99min and 80min are not properly optimized and these games will cause problems with your DC laser getting weaker. Atreyu will keep me updated and will try to repack these into a proper CDI version with proper optimization. I don`t doubt Atreyu for one second, he knows what hes saying and doing when it comes to Dreamcast games. Most of the best quality releases you see on the internet are done by him. If you play the ReviveDC version you will notice a BIG difference when it comes to optimization. The game loads faster with the laser being very quiet.

Things like this matter as you don`t want your DC dying on you faster and less problems will be encountered as well. Also I want to point out to people looking for 99min discs, the current 99min discs by Banana are bad batches so you may have problems finding 99min discs.
GrimMeNaCe
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby kogami » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:22 am

I made a new version for the CD-R 99, however I do not yet distributed, I added a dummy.raw for put the data to the nearest circle the CD.

Shenmue is anyway not at all adapted to fit on a CD-R 80, It takes too much data. I'm curious to see what'll give version Atreyu187.

I'm currently playing the first CD Shenmue Undub "CD-R 99" with console Sega Dreamcast, and everything works fine. I regret having proposed a CD-R 80 version...

CD-R 80 version is maybe not perfect, but I've done with my personal knowledge as best I could.

It is difficult to make this version of Shenmue Undub. I spent more than five months to work and your archanement saddens me.

Now I am open to discussion if it improves things, but rather than coming criticized brought me some solutions to the problem that myself I can not solve.
kogami
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby brad86 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:18 am

GrimMeNaCe doesn't seem to be able to go more than a few posts without mentioning the same thing over and over.
I'm not trying to attack you but it's cluttering the thread and is pointless.

You complain that it doesn't work and blame it on the files Kogami has released. The majority of us don't have this so called issue you keep going on about. Maybe YOU yourself should actually try different discs and another Dreamcast before declaring the games is broken and needs fixing.

Spend a little time doing some research on how Dreamcast titles are read by the system, and how they should be burned before blaming your problems on this release from Kogami.

One minute you mention your appreciation of the project, then the next you are requesting a fix.

You want Atreyu187 to have a look at it, fine!. Keep that conversation elsewhere, no need to bring it up here every time.
brad86
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PreviousNext

Return to Community Projects