Exploring the Kowloon introduction?

(Modding and other series related projects)

Exploring the Kowloon introduction?

Postby BlueMue » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:46 pm

Last time I saw the opening of disc 3 with the Kowloon introduction I thought to myself that it would be cool to walk around this massive map and take the bus route on foot.
Is this actually possible with map swapping somehow? And if it is would you be stuck to the tapping up to walk around?
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Exploring the Kowloon introduction?

Postby Master Kyodai » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:42 pm

Well yeah it should be possible with whiteshadows map swapper. But you would need to find out the map name and it will be very poor detailed buildings and stuff.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby BlueMue » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:41 pm

I think it has to be 0200 since it's the first folder and that scene is the first on disc 3. When I made a quick look into the mapinfo file I saw the lines RYO and BUS everywhere so I think that's got to be it.
I might have a look at the map swapper and see if I can do something when I find out where to get it.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Peter » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:24 pm

Just reading that, id LOVE to walk up to Kowloon city, like the bus route? That would be great!!! :)
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Supa » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:19 pm

If Lan could figure out how to walk the streets in Amihama, then surely this possible, right?
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Spokane » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:29 pm

If only there was a way he could figure out how to break Ryo out of the cave.......
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby BlueMue » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:31 pm

Could somebody who is a little bit more experienced with map swapping please try this out and/or give a guide here how exactly to do this? I have tried it already but got nowhere. I didn't know wich map I should switch for the one I wanted and I also didn't know if I have to replace the other files of that map or not. Also I couldn't build an image after I have tried some swapping since the batch tool always created a bad image wich only had about 400-500MB.

Please, someone needs to explain how this works. I really want to check if it's possible to walk around there. Even if it's not in the end, I still have to check this or this will haunt me forever.

Spokane wrote:If only there was a way he could figure out how to break Ryo out of the cave.......

Yeah, don't worry. We'll find a magically hidden Shenmue III on those discs someday. 8)
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Return to Community Projects