Shenmue Mod in Garrys mod?

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: Shenmue Mod in Garrys mod?

Postby nagates » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:01 pm

QTEs where ok, I really liked the magic weather system myself..
nagates
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

XBL: CoolerFX
Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby zxzkilme » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:42 pm

blah
zxzkilme
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby zxzkilme » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:11 pm

I'm starting tochange my mind. The galaxy editor for starcraft 2 is just amazing, I am using it right now and it has a lot of features and is definitely capable of making shenmue.. The only hard part are props and the chinese environment-like area will have to be customized... Here are the features of the galaxy editor

* Will fully support multiplayer campaigns and linked maps. This enables players to play through entire campaigns together.
* Mix and match your own tileset in the editor.
* Any unit or object can be placed anywhere, regardless of their natural environment.
* Weather effects will be possible to use, including turning them on and off with triggers.
* Night/day effects will also be usable.
* A third custom resource is added to StarCraft II that can be used by mapmakers.
* Allowing heroes and units to gain "experience" is built into the Map Editor.
* Units can be toggled to have the ability to carry an inventory like in WarCraft III.
* The maximum map size will still be 256x256.
* The maximum number of players will AT LEAST be 8, possibly 12, depending on performance.
* Upgrades will now be downgradeable via triggers by using a negative value.
* Custom races are fully supported, including the ability to choose them from the game lobby while playing melee maps (as long as the mod defining the race is loaded).
* Create your own abilities, including ability animations and effects in the datafiles (no triggers needed).
* Blur effects from StarCraft II's cloaked will be removable.
* Possible to use the full 3D cinematics mechanic from the single player campaign to create movies.
* Buildings will be able to produce whatever units the map maker sets it to.
* The entire Tech Tree will be customizable with in-game triggers.
* Mapmakers will now be able to use map locking (encryption) their maps, disabling other mapmakers from editing it and re-releasing it in their own name.
* A large number of extra units, abilities and buildings that are made but not implemented in the game will still be available for mapmakers and modders.
* Up until release, Blizzard checks the forums for good suggested features to add to the Editor.
* In the future, there will be opportunities for map makers to get their maps added to ladder pools. Selection based on quality for multiplayer games.

* The in-game UI layout is externalized in data files to a large extent, however there is no editor support for working with these files. So it will be possible to customize the game UI, it just won't be a user-friendly process.
* The map pool for competitive play will only be Blizzard maps or Blizzard-approved maps (no customs).
* The editor should support multi-player campaigns and linked maps.
* The Map Editor will support letters from non-English alphabets
* They will be keeping an eye on the forums and updating the editor as often as possible to incorporate new suggestions.
* There will not be a tool to transfer WC3 models to SC2.
* There will be cheats, but you won't know what they are..

I still haven't had much time to do some stuff because of work and school but im not aiming for a whole mod thats impossible i just want a mini game for now
zxzkilme
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby nagates » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:30 pm

interesting
nagates
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

XBL: CoolerFX
Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby zxzkilme » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:33 am

nagates wrote:interesting

I know right? i said the same thing.. I used to make maps for sc1 and warcraft 3 and ill tell you now it is very very very easy to learn how to make triggers, and all the objectives and layouts. The only problem with this is that it is more a "by your self" project rather than as a team because it is so easy to do that it doesn't make sense to get help.... But I still need the shenmue models (:
zxzkilme
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby wude » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:54 pm

what kind of models you need ? chars or maps.
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Previous

Return to Community Projects