Kinect w/ Shenmue on NullDC

(Modding and other series related projects)

Kinect w/ Shenmue on NullDC

Postby NeoShredder » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:35 pm

Yes I wish I had an example to show you! :(

Look at this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3CeJJo4A_c[/youtube]

Apperently using the FAAST framework, i.e this:

http://www.kinect-hacks.com/kinect-hack ... and-kinect

Come'on guys, you know it has to be done!
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Kinect w/ Shenmue on NullDC

Postby Panda_rapist » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:49 pm

wouldnt be worth the effort, it would come out terribly unresponsive
Panda_rapist

Postby nagn » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:22 pm

just imagine combat, it'll be just like that street fighter game 8-[
nagn
Master of the Three Blades

Postby NeoShredder » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:56 pm

I was thinking more of the implementation on the leaf-catching and tai-chi portions in Shenmue II...it would make it even more immersive on top of it's symbolic nature....I don't know how well it would be implemented in the full fight sequences (70 man battle anyone!?), but maybe the QTEs?
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby nagn » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:03 pm

I'd still rather press buttons, just seems pretty comber son to actually move your body for split second when a symbol is shown
nagn

Postby Bluecast » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:48 am

Shenmue is not for shitty motion.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:51 am

I think I'd prefer to use SEGA's pisser peripheal.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Panda_rapist » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:59 am

NeoShredder wrote:I was thinking more of the implementation on the leaf-catching and tai-chi portions in Shenmue II...it would make it even more immersive on top of it's symbolic nature....I don't know how well it would be implemented in the full fight sequences (70 man battle anyone!?), but maybe the QTEs?

you would have to associate a button with each mouvement and the game probably would not recognise them half the time
Panda_rapist

Postby ReeceKun » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:13 pm

NeoShredder your signature is the most ignorant childish emotional crap i've ever read .. on this forum.. im not sure what your intention is as it is a 'quote' but I ask you to remove it
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Skyrim

Postby Panda_rapist » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:20 pm

ReeceKun wrote:NeoShredder your signature is the most ignorant childish emotional crap i've ever read .. on this forum.. im not sure what your intention is as it is a 'quote' but I ask you to remove it

Panda_rapist

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:57 pm

ReeceKun wrote:NeoShredder your signature is the most ignorant childish emotional crap i've ever read .. on this forum.. im not sure what your intention is as it is a 'quote' but I ask you to remove it

Funny Bear.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby NeoShredder » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:38 pm

It is what it is...a quote, in fact a one so particularly childish and ignorant I thought I'd quote it at the time.

U mad?
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ReeceKun » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:31 pm

NeoShredder wrote:It is what it is...a quote, in fact a one so particularly childish and ignorant I thought I'd quote it at the time.
U mad?

Im not sure if you agree with 'green_knight' or your mocking him, as you didnt offer any explanation I can only guess.

Its somewhat like saying 'That chair looks Gay' or 'Carrots taste horrible' at least those are observations based on personal perception, it is neither true nor false, it is what it is.. to the individual, and not something that can be stated as a General scientific Fact or universal constant.

To state such things publicly can and will be percived as inflammatory by others and often used to annoy or deminish (Troll) others and their own personal perceptions. 'Stating Buddhism is Evil' annoys me personally because it displays Incredibile Ignorance.
I personally dislike christianity but I would not say that 'it is evil', although it has influenced many negative actions upon the world, 'it' is only what people use it for. We fear what we do not understand, there are no External forces that we should really fear, we are our own worst enemy and the thing we fear the most.

Buddism and its predecessor Jainism are designed to get the individual to look inwards, if you do im sure you will not find 'evil'.. just ignorance.
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Skyrim

Postby nagn » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:12 am

ReeceKun wrote:
NeoShredder wrote:It is what it is...a quote, in fact a one so particularly childish and ignorant I thought I'd quote it at the time.
U mad?

Im not sure if you agree with 'green_knight' or your mocking him, as you didnt offer any explanation I can only guess.

Its somewhat like saying 'That chair looks Gay' or 'Carrots taste horrible' at least those are observations based on personal perception, it is neither true nor false, it is what it is.. to the individual, and not something that can be stated as a General scientific Fact or universal constant.

To state such things publicly can and will be percived as inflammatory by others and often used to annoy or deminish (Troll) others and their own personal perceptions. 'Stating Buddhism is Evil' annoys me personally because it displays Incredibile Ignorance.
I personally dislike christianity but I would not say that 'it is evil', although it has influenced many negative actions upon the world, 'it' is only what people use it for. We fear what we do not understand, there are no External forces that we should really fear, we are our own worst enemy and the thing we fear the most.

Buddism and its predecessor Jainism are designed to get the individual to look inwards, if you do im sure you will not find 'evil'.. just ignorance.

woah woah woah wat :???:
nagn

Postby Panda_rapist » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:11 am

ReeceKun wrote:
U mad?

then dont pay attention to it, you see these words dont mean anything untill you start feeling offended by them
personally im getting fed up of people getting offended all the time over meaningless things and cause scenes bringing even more importance to them where it would be more effective to just ignore them and let them fade away
Panda_rapist

Next

Return to Community Projects