Ryo from All Stars racing

(Modding and other series related projects)

Postby Master Kyodai » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:19 pm

Dun have the 3dr file any more (I deleted all because i ripped sonic afterwards and only keep the vue files). But its okay to wait a few days i guess as I'm busy fumbling with other aspects of the game right now.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ReeceKun » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:24 am

Ok Ive got the game and heres my first rip, I havent unlocked Ryo yet, so this is Mission4 and I let Ryo win the race to get the camera as close to Ryo as possible.

Ive added a skylight to the scene to show ryo clearly, I dont know how to add the ripped shaders to the model, and ive no idea how to add that cool chrome effect. Since the bike is missing its spokes I will delete the whole bike and set Ryo up in a standing pose ... and will eventually rig (If this is the best rip of Ryo I can get) I think this model should be merged with the 'Passport'HQ version of ryo as this Ryo's hair isnt spikey. (also he's grinning like a chimp)

Im also happy to see Akira Yuki from Virtua Fighter in this game too as Akira was the original model base for Ryo and I want the Akira version for my 'Rebirth' project :D

I will unlock Ryo once I get enough points or someone can send me a save file lol
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Skyrim

Postby Master Kyodai » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:49 am

Very nice!

Lol, everyone let Ryo win, bow down to the true champion!

The rip is looking very well so far. I added the chrome effect in Vue - no idea how you do that in 3d max. How do you get Ryo into standing pose?

And yeah i also noticed his hair isn't really close to the original and the "grinning as a chimp" - couldn't have said it better.

Save file is in your pm (But i also posted it in the SSASR thread).
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ReeceKun » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:31 am

I am Loving these rips !

Heres the Bike taken from the character menu select screen (tbh I was hoping that the main character model would have been shown here too)

The Top Image is 3dsMax's default lighting and below with a sunlight
Lets not forget who the bike belongs to! I think he would look better on Shadows bike lol (the spokes are just a texture file that doesnt show up for some reason (might be a sprite), but it would be very easy to model these in 3d.

While playing I got the forklift and couldnt resist the chance to take a second rip (in the same Dxripper folder which I dont reccomend doing, because sometimes the textures get renamed and muddled up)

As for getting Ryo in a standing pose, its just a matter of reajusting the vertices, but It can be time consuming to do, when I get a clean rip of the HQ passport head I think I will just replace the head completely, the face doesnt seem that far off it.

I will rig ryo as he is now (changing the head of a rigged model isnt difficult anyway) and then people can pose and animate him or whatever.

Kyo do you want to wait for the rigged model with a seperate texture files for body jacket jeans etc , or if you want you can send me your 3ds file (with textures) and I will seperate the model textures for that, up to you.
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Master Kyodai » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:42 pm

Wow, good job. Well i can wait for the rigged model as i wouldn't do that much with an unrigged one anyways.

But if you don't mind would you please share the forklift? It looks gorgeous and i haven't been able to get it ripped yet.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ReeceKun » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:39 pm

Master Kyodai wrote:Wow, good job. Well i can wait for the rigged model as i wouldn't do that much with an unrigged one anyways.

But if you don't mind would you please share the forklift? It looks gorgeous and i haven't been able to get it ripped yet.

Forklift uploaded to sendspace , link sent in PM

Its a 3dsmax scene file with the dds textures feel free to rehost it if you want.

I will work on rigging ryo this week :)
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Maxi » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:42 pm

ReeceKun, I was wondering if I could get a copy of these rips please? :)

They look great!
Maxi
Asia Travel Representative

Postby ReeceKun » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:11 pm

Maxi wrote:ReeceKun, I was wondering if I could get a copy of these rips please? :)

They look great!

Sure, but first I will fix the spokes on the motorbike and rig ryo and then they can be hosted somewhere for everyone.
ReeceKun
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Master Kyodai » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:23 pm

Thanks for the forklift model, reecekun!!!

=)

Nozomi: "Ryo!"
Ryo: "Sorry, I'm in a hurry!"

Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Maxi » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:35 pm

ReeceKun wrote:
Maxi wrote:ReeceKun, I was wondering if I could get a copy of these rips please? :)

They look great!

Sure, but first I will fix the spokes on the motorbike and rig ryo and then they can be hosted somewhere for everyone.

Thank you :)

Great picture! I'm just starting to replay through Shenmue 1 and have just asked Nozomi where I might find sailors, extra lulz from me :D
Maxi

Postby LawXiu » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:52 pm

http://www.donblake.com/images/taogo/forklift.jpg

Add Ryo somewhere in this picture. It's already crazy as it is.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby lavrentis » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:52 pm

Master Kyodai wrote:imma make one, in the meanwhile - here's sonic. Sonics eyes look a bit stupid because i made them. Dunno why but he came without eyes which looked even more stupid. Took the freedom to pimp some materials a bit.

Because they're green :evil: :)
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Master Kyodai » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:40 am

pfff, green... They used to be black for decades...

Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:54 pm

Master Kyodai wrote:Thanks for the forklift model, reecekun!!!

=)

Nozomi: "Ryo!"
Ryo: "Sorry, I'm in a hurry!"

HAHAHA! that is AWESOME!
Who needs a ferrari to impress girlfriends in a Yu made game when Ryo has a forklift.

In fact that should be the next Outrun game,just Nozomi and Ryo in a forklift racing though Japan!
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Master Kyodai » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:48 pm

Ryo Hazuki Forklift Racing 2010 or rather Shenmue All Stars Racing (Last mission: beat Lan DI in his legendary black car!)
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Community Projects