Model Collection

(Modding and other series related projects)

Model Collection

Postby Master Kyodai » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:46 pm

OK it seems a bit early as we just started ripping models from both Shenmue games, but still some perfect models already surfaced.

I think it already became clear that the ripping of Shenmue 1 models seems to be the harder part...

I still think it might not be too early to note down our goals - if you don't have a goal you can't reach one. I think we can all agree that our secret dream would be having a library with all Shenmue characters, scenes buildings and objects. But maybe we can agree on a more realistic goal for the beginning.

I think it would be a good idea to try capturing the main characters first, Like Ryo, lan Di, Nozomi, Joy, Ren, etc. These Characters have a high value for everyone as they have a high grade of popularity and tell a story by themselves. They could be used for nice backgrounds, comics, and animations.

ABout the model formats - one prefers Lightwave, one loves max and some other goof may even want to render in Vue.

I think some universal format we can agree to is 3D max 7 (.max) as we probably all have 3d max for ripping and then convert to formats we like ourselves. So my suggestion here would be to have the main focus on collecting 3D max models first and secondary of course the formats we like (Lightwave, poser, vue, whatever). textures should always be included, i would prefer something that is not DDS, but if everyone else is fine with DDS i will of course have to agree.

As the next goal i could imagine some main scenes like the Hazuki residence or so.

Any ideas? Comments? Complaints? :D
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:15 pm

How about the dojo?
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Re: Model Collection

Postby LawXiu » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:03 pm

Master Kyodai wrote:

Any ideas? Comments? Complaints? :D

I wish I could do half the stuff your doing and even if I had the knowledge I still don't have the software or even hardware. At the moment the only good things to come out of this for me is the odd new wallpaper. I mentioned before I would like some shots of the Zippo lighters but there's no rush for them.

I'm just going to sit back and wait for anything useful to come this way. Not that I'm complaining. All been interesting so far.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby dotsona » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:59 pm

Good post Master kyodai, I think we should add something to it though, we need a character list, preferably something that lists the status of the character. Perhaps this list could be in a tabular format. The column headings could say things like

Ryo Hazuki: *Mesh (Complete) *Textures (Complete) *Rig(Complete)

I will note that this will probably take awhile, its an ambitious goal. I am in my final project classes in College so I have alot of work to do as well but I can dedicated time of course to shenmue. I think we can do it though :D
dotsona
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue Mods

Postby LawXiu » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:25 pm

A complete character list has been made before but last time I tried to view it all the pictures had gone. Maybe because of the Dojo's move? Could that list be recycled?
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kiyuu » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:01 am

GrahamLaw wrote:A complete character list has been made before but last time I tried to view it all the pictures had gone. Maybe because of the Dojo's move? Could that list be recycled?

You can view the list with the pictures here:

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/s1prof_maincharacters.shtml
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby wude » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:26 am

^thanks for the link :)

good idea, i'll try to do my best , i have a lot of comic ideas , but they all need rigged characters.
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Postby LawXiu » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:45 am

Kiyuu wrote:
GrahamLaw wrote:A complete character list has been made before but last time I tried to view it all the pictures had gone. Maybe because of the Dojo's move? Could that list be recycled?

You can view the list with the pictures here:

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/s1prof_maincharacters.shtml

There was another list that was really big. I'm sure it was a sticky. I'm sure I didn't imagine it.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Return to Community Projects