Shenmue 2 Full English Xbox Speech mod for Sega Dreamcast

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: Shenmue 2 Full English Xbox Speech mod for Sega Dreamcas

Postby fischkopf » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:55 am

I wonder ìf you could make a .GDI version WITHOUT quality loss, that you could play in emulators???
fischkopf
Asia Travel Representative

Postby StuntmanSnake » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:20 pm

EDIT: Scratch this!
Last edited by StuntmanSnake on Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StuntmanSnake
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Phil mar-shisho » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:24 pm

sm1th wrote: I don't have an ETA for this project...but, Shenmue 2 Full English Speech 99min and 80min versions will soon be optimized and re-released. As soon as I know the status of the project I will post more info about it.

Any status?
Phil mar-shisho
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby brad86 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:27 pm

I know you said you would let us know of more information on the project, but I would just like to know if it's still being worked on since it's been a few months.

Thank you sm1th
brad86
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby xbluemystx » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:43 pm

I'm so heartbroken right now and I really hope someone can help me. I really wanted this and was so relieved that it was still uploaded on 1 of the 2 sources. I just got the 99 min CDs in the mail today and it's not working. At first I noticed that both of my computers don't recognize the proper size of the discs which I'm guessing is normal. I've burned with the proper settings on both computers (one is new and very nice) with both DiscJug and A120. My model 1 Dreamcast makes an incredibly loud and repeating clicking noise when it tries to read the disc - my model 0 just sits there and does nothing on the spiral screen.

This was my late bday gift to myself. Shenmue is my passion and I was really looking forward to this, I don't know what to do. Someone please help me?
xbluemystx

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Ziming » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:46 am

xbluemystx wrote: I'm so heartbroken right now and I really hope someone can help me. I really wanted this and was so relieved that it was still uploaded on 1 of the 2 sources. I just got the 99 min CDs in the mail today and it's not working. At first I noticed that both of my computers don't recognize the proper size of the discs which I'm guessing is normal. I've burned with the proper settings on both computers (one is new and very nice) with both DiscJug and A120. My model 1 Dreamcast makes an incredibly loud and repeating clicking noise when it tries to read the disc - my model 0 just sits there and does nothing on the spiral screen.

This was my late bday gift to myself. Shenmue is my passion and I was really looking forward to this, I don't know what to do. Someone please help me?

Do those 99 min CD-R's have a banana logo on them? I bought some from ebay once only to find out my CD burner wasn't compatible. I ended up sending them to a friend to burn the games for me.
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby xbluemystx » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:39 pm

Ziming wrote:
xbluemystx wrote: I'm so heartbroken right now and I really hope someone can help me. I really wanted this and was so relieved that it was still uploaded on 1 of the 2 sources. I just got the 99 min CDs in the mail today and it's not working. At first I noticed that both of my computers don't recognize the proper size of the discs which I'm guessing is normal. I've burned with the proper settings on both computers (one is new and very nice) with both DiscJug and A120. My model 1 Dreamcast makes an incredibly loud and repeating clicking noise when it tries to read the disc - my model 0 just sits there and does nothing on the spiral screen.

Do those 99 min CD-R's have a banana logo on them? I bought some from ebay once only to find out my CD burner wasn't compatible. I ended up sending them to a friend to burn the games for me.

Yes, it's them. Apparently the banana discs are commonly defective. But I also picked up 100 min discs from another country and they aren't working either. I used 2 drives though... I'll be surprised if it's that...
xbluemystx

Postby xbluemystx » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:35 pm

... does this mean the mod is now officially discontinued?
xbluemystx

Postby stoney05 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:10 am

Thanks for making this
stoney05
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby brad86 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:30 am

xbluemystx wrote: ... does this mean the mod is now officially discontinued?

brad86
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby euphoria » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:49 am

ReRuss wrote: I still have quite a few 99mins layin around for just trying this project out, However I'm unsure how many will get used, mainly depends on how much sm1th wants to chage/update them.

I would suggest making a facebook page for the project, just to try breathing in some more life to it, and see where it goes.

Hi do you still have any extra of those CDR99m ?? If yes are you able to sell me 4 or 8 of them ??

Thanks

euphoria has received a thanks from: Snoopbob2006
euphoria
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Anthony817 » Sat May 30, 2015 9:48 am

I might be coming into some more 99 min cdr's soon and might be able to be able to start taking back orders again and making copies for people like I used to. I will update once I figure out everything.
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: Anthony817
Currently playing: Shenmue II English 99min

Postby Mulligan868 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:11 pm

Hey guys i just found this page and would like to first of all thank everyone involved in bringing this game to the dc.

I am emulating this on null dc ( since the reader went in my dc :agrue: )

I noticed that when i first started the game all i could see was perfect sets of eyes and hair ( thank god i got that fixed it freaked the bejesus out of me :D )

I also noticed that the game crashes when i try to use the vending machines. I seen a previous post where these where removed and just wondered if this is still the case on the 99min version. If so its no big deal also do the mini games work i dont know how an emulator running an emulator works.

Sorry if this come across as a noob post but if you dont ask the question you'll never know the right answer.
Mulligan868
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Gebirgskuchen » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:31 am

People who toy with the idea of downloading this Full English Mod: Don't do it!

I downloaded and burned it myself on 800MB CD-Rs and it still contains the same downgraded robotic sounding sound files. Do yourself a favor. ;-)
Gebirgskuchen

Postby Anthony817 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:30 pm

Gebirgskuchen wrote: People who toy with the idea of downloading this Full English Mod: Don't do it!

I downloaded and burned it myself on 800MB CD-Rs and it still contains the same downgraded robotic sounding sound files. Do yourself a favor. ;-)

That is bullshit. I never had that problem with this 99 min release. I have burned lots of these and none of the people told me they sounded robotic. You must be having problems. I hear clear voices the same quality as the Xbox version. I think you are doing a disservice to Smith who did this version for us.

What brand of disc's did you burn the game to?

This is the best version to download in this link.

http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/dre ... th-repack/
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: Anthony817
Currently playing: Shenmue II English 99min

PreviousNext

Return to Community Projects