Shenmue 1080p

(Modding and other series related projects)

Postby ShOzO MiZuKi » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:08 am

It would be fun to mix and splice some of the trees from either Oblivion or Alan Wake into the Shenmue universe. (Ive noticed that both of the games do and exceptionally well job at them)
ShOzO MiZuKi
Homeless and hungry
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: Old_Battle_Axe
XBL: TheLastR3negade
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 3

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:25 pm

Shenmue just keeps hedges trimmed.
It's nicer that way as opposed to these newer games where they let the bushes grow wild.

Yuck.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Spokane » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:50 pm

Ryudo wrote:Shenmue just keeps hedges trimmed.
It's nicer that way as opposed to these newer games where they let the bushes grow wild.

Yuck.

Some people are into that sort of stuff though. Not me though. SO I think the tree's and other shrubbery in Shenmue look fine.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Mr. Frozen » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:26 am

Ryudo wrote:I still am amazed at the detail of this series.
It's not just the amount of the stuff as atmospheric pieces and stuff on walls etc... It's also little things out of place that seem more real to me. Abe store and other shops with boxes just laying around tissue boxes. Turning off the lights and watching the string cord sway back and forth like real physics would.

I could go on and on but it just draws you in. It's not just new coats of paint with better textures and more of but how they use it.
Heck some things even change and very subtle(flowers in the vase in the shrine for example).

Yeah, I agree. Even though the graphics are outdated, I still haven't seen a game that matches the detail of the Shenmue series. Shops look like actual shops, and rooms look like places someone would live in. I wish more games had this much attention to detail.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:40 am

Mr. Frozen wrote:
Ryudo wrote:I still am amazed at the detail of this series.
It's not just the amount of the stuff as atmospheric pieces and stuff on walls etc... It's also little things out of place that seem more real to me. Abe store and other shops with boxes just laying around tissue boxes. Turning off the lights and watching the string cord sway back and forth like real physics would.

I could go on and on but it just draws you in. It's not just new coats of paint with better textures and more of but how they use it.
Heck some things even change and very subtle(flowers in the vase in the shrine for example).

Yeah, I agree. Even though the graphics are outdated, I still haven't seen a game that matches the detail of the Shenmue series. Shops look like actual shops, and rooms look like places someone would live in. I wish more games had this much attention to detail.

I remember when I first played Shenmue II as i walked around trying to find that little hotel Ryo stays at and remember seeing a shop maybe preparing to open or something. You just saw hands and feet in a partially opened steel door as the person took a stack of boxes and moved them to the other side.
Real world that is nothing exciting but in a game when they didn't have to go through that trouble for some thing that seemed minor ,just made it that much more real to me.

I am no longer really engrossed in the story of the series of what it might lead to,just the detail that made it so atmospheric is maybe it's best quality.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Oppy » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:42 am

Mr. Frozen wrote: Shops look like actual shops, and rooms look like places someone would live in. I wish more games had this much attention to detail.

I wouldnt want to live in most of the places in shenmue II. Other then Xuiyings room, then i would just fuck the shit out of her, Unlike Ryo... Pussy...
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: with your mums titties

Re: Shenmue 1080p

Postby nagates » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:12 pm

might be a silly question, but did you just use null DC to get those screen shots and did you do any kind of tweaking to get the resolution that high? Also did you know there is a Bloom mod for null dc, could make some of these screen shots look a little more interesting...
Last edited by nagates on Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nagates
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

XBL: CoolerFX
Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Master Kyodai » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:50 pm

nagates wrote:might be a silly question, but did you just use null DC to get those screenshots and did you do any kind of tweaking to get the raise that high? Also did you know there is a Bloom mod for null dc, could make some of these screenshots look a little more interesting...

The pictures you see are all rendered in Vue 6 infinite, not screenshots and not in NullDC. If you have vue 6 you can take a look at the scenes, i saved most of them on my webspace:

http://www.tankraider.com/vue/
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby nagates » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:03 pm

hmmm, this is the first I've heard of Vue 6, from what I'm seeing it looks like it loads models, so did you just rip the models from the game and load them into vue 6. I guess if you don't mind, could you highlight the process, I'm just curious about Shenmue modding and hacking.....
nagates
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

XBL: CoolerFX
Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Yama » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:43 am

Great stuff, fun to look at. Some nice shots.

If you do a few more, would you mind taking a few from Shenhua's flashback? If it's possible of course.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Master Kyodai » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:43 am

There is a sticky which explains the ripping process.

WOuld love to make some from Shenhuas flashback, but although i asked for it several times noone did upload a nullDC save game in guilin. And i really dont wanna play through whole Shenmue 2 in an emulator...
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby orient » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:39 am

Master Kyodai, I was wondering if you had any more hi-res renders of Dobuita, Yamanose or Sakuragaoka (mostly Dobuita)? I'm going to write an article about the first Shenmue and wanted to create a design to go with the text.
orient
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Master Kyodai » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:16 pm

Only what you see here my friend. But if you have a special wish then let me know and when i got the time imma make some more.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby orient » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:43 am

It's OK. I've managed to make a design without the high-res images. Thanks anyway :)
orient
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Nihilius » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:54 pm

They look awesome, good work. :D
Nihilius
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: Nihilius90
XBL: Nihilius90