Shenmue Undub [Japanese Speech Mod] [CD-R 80/99/GDI]

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: Shenmue Undub [Japanese Speech Mod] [CD-R 80/99/GDI]

Postby Moetaeusu » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:07 pm

I would like to reiterate that I have nothing but respect for anyone involved in this project (some of whom, if I'm not mistaken, have already given much to the Shenmue community, such as the translation for What's Shenmue). Unlike me, I'm sure they have a rather clear idea of what taking part in a project such as this might entail, from a practical and/or legal viewpoint. I don't think I could provide any useful advice, nor do I think I have any grounds to criticizing them for deciding to put the project on hold.

Anyway, from what I seem to be reading between the lines, can we safely assume that Shenmue 100% Undub (or whatever it ends up being called) would in no case be released (if ever) before the official Shenmue 1 & 2 HD (which, as far as I know, still doesn't have a date of release)?
Moetaeusu
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Switch » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:24 pm

Moetaeusu wrote:Anyway, from what I seem to be reading between the lines, can we safely assume that Shenmue 100% Undub (or whatever it ends up being called) would in no case be released (if ever) before the official Shenmue 1 & 2 HD (which, as far as I know, still doesn't have a date of release)?

Correct, it won't be released ahead of the Shenmue I & II release.
Switch
News Poster
News Poster

Postby zaneiken » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:37 am

I've played through kogami's undub and it was a fantastic experience. I was ecstatic when it was announced that a 100% translated version would be made available on Dreamcast.
I respect the decision, but like the others, I'm also pretty bummed about the project being mothballed.
zaneiken
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Previous

Return to Community Projects