Shenmue Undub [Japanese Speech Mod] [CD-R 80/99/GDI]

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: Shenmue Undub [Japanese Speech Mod] [CD-R 80/99]

Postby brad86 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:41 pm

GrimMeNaCe wrote: Doesn`t work, it just ruined my disc even after I followed instructions. You should upload this as a CDI to make things easier. I use imgburn and it doesn`t support multi-session discs, CDI format is the easiest to burn with. MDS files give too many problems.


Could be the writer drive, the disc quality (get some Taiyo's if possible), the software, the burning speed, the DC laser....

No one else seems to have trouble burning and running it. Although, mine is burning right this second lol. I'll let you know if I spoke too soon :)

EDIT: It boots fine. Watched around a minute of the intro.
Last edited by brad86 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
brad86
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
 
Joined: February 2014
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Shenmue Undub [Japanese Speech Mod] [CD-R 80/99]

Postby n00j » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:40 pm

Long time lurker turned poster just to thank you for this undub.
Smith has done some truly great work but you have clearly seen further by standing on the shoulders of giants.
Thank you so much man!
Using Tapatalk
User avatar
n00j
Fuku-san
Fuku-san
 
Joined: February 2014

Re: Shenmue Undub [Japanese Speech Mod] [CD-R 80/99]

Postby GrimMeNaCe » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:45 pm

brad86 wrote:
GrimMeNaCe wrote: Doesn`t work, it just ruined my disc even after I followed instructions. You should upload this as a CDI to make things easier. I use imgburn and it doesn`t support multi-session discs, CDI format is the easiest to burn with. MDS files give too many problems.


Could be the writer drive, the disc quality (get some Taiyo's if possible), the software, the burning speed, the DC laser....

No one else seems to have trouble burning and running it. Although, mine is burning right this second lol. I'll let you know if I spoke too soon :)

EDIT: It boots fine. Watched around a minute of the intro.
Using my old PIONEER A03 drive, Banana CD-R 99, PAL Dreamcast.


johnvivant is also having issues in the thread. I think I`m just having an issue with Alcohol, its not burning my stuff correctly, just spits the disc out and gives me an error even though I`m following instructions properly. Might have something to do with overburn don`t know. Thats why I was asking for a CDI, would be easy to burn with IMGBurn. Did you use Alcohol as well?
User avatar
GrimMeNaCe
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
 
Joined: February 2014
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Shenmue Undub [Japanese Speech Mod] [CD-R 80/99]

Postby brad86 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:57 pm

GrimMeNaCe wrote:
brad86 wrote:
GrimMeNaCe wrote: Doesn`t work, it just ruined my disc even after I followed instructions. You should upload this as a CDI to make things easier. I use imgburn and it doesn`t support multi-session discs, CDI format is the easiest to burn with. MDS files give too many problems.


Could be the writer drive, the disc quality (get some Taiyo's if possible), the software, the burning speed, the DC laser....

No one else seems to have trouble burning and running it. Although, mine is burning right this second lol. I'll let you know if I spoke too soon :)

EDIT: It boots fine. Watched around a minute of the intro.
Using my old PIONEER A03 drive, Banana CD-R 99, PAL Dreamcast.


johnvivant is also having issues in the thread. I think I`m just having an issue with Alcohol, its not burning my stuff correctly, just spits the disc out and gives me an error even though I`m following instructions properly. Might have something to do with overburn don`t know. Thats why I was asking for a CDI, would be easy to burn with IMGBurn. Did you use Alcohol as well?


I did indeed. Ver. 2.0.2 (Build 4713) - According to the About Alcohol 120% tab.

Could be worth giving Nero a try. I think they still do free trials. I can't remember if I used it for any DC games but I burned lots of PS1/2 discs back in the day and hardly ever had issues with it.
User avatar
brad86
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
 
Joined: February 2014
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Shenmue Undub [Japanese Speech Mod] [CD-R 80/99]

Postby GrimMeNaCe » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:40 pm

brad86 wrote:
GrimMeNaCe wrote:
brad86 wrote:
GrimMeNaCe wrote: Doesn`t work, it just ruined my disc even after I followed instructions. You should upload this as a CDI to make things easier. I use imgburn and it doesn`t support multi-session discs, CDI format is the easiest to burn with. MDS files give too many problems.


Could be the writer drive, the disc quality (get some Taiyo's if possible), the software, the burning speed, the DC laser....

No one else seems to have trouble burning and running it. Although, mine is burning right this second lol. I'll let you know if I spoke too soon :)

EDIT: It boots fine. Watched around a minute of the intro.
Using my old PIONEER A03 drive, Banana CD-R 99, PAL Dreamcast.


johnvivant is also having issues in the thread. I think I`m just having an issue with Alcohol, its not burning my stuff correctly, just spits the disc out and gives me an error even though I`m following instructions properly. Might have something to do with overburn don`t know. Thats why I was asking for a CDI, would be easy to burn with IMGBurn. Did you use Alcohol as well?


I did indeed. Ver. 2.0.2 (Build 4713) - According to the About Alcohol 120% tab.

Could be worth giving Nero a try. I think they still do free trials. I can't remember if I used it for any DC games but I burned lots of PS1/2 discs back in the day and hardly ever had issues with it.


I figured out the problem with Alcohol, you have to select RAW DAO and not DAO SAO otherwise that causes issues and your discs may not even run. Kogami you should change that in your guide since its causing issues.
User avatar
GrimMeNaCe
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
 
Joined: February 2014
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Shenmue Undub [Japanese Speech Mod] [CD-R 80/99]

Postby GrimMeNaCe » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:15 pm

johnvivant wrote: has anyone successfully burned and played disc one 80min yet?
i'm still having problems with it.

i have all the settings as kogami recommended.
im running the latest version of alcohol 120% - 2.0.2. 5830

dreamcast just wont play it.

never had problems burning games before, although i do usually use imgburn

the only thing thats different is that my version of alchohol 120% does not give me an option for 8x write speed. the lowest it goes it 10x, the next one up from that is 16x.

i have tried burning at both speeds and neither of the discs play.


I figured out your problem bro, select RAW DAO instead of DAO SAO that will solve your issue.
User avatar
GrimMeNaCe
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
 
Joined: February 2014
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Shenmue Undub [Japanese Speech Mod] [CD-R 80/99]

Postby GrimMeNaCe » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:24 pm

By the way Kogami, why doesn`t the 2nd disc need to be overburned? The image is over 700mb but when your burning its 667 mb, is it not dummied out to help with the laser? I thought the 2nd disc would also be pushed to its limit like the first one.
User avatar
GrimMeNaCe
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
 
Joined: February 2014
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Shenmue Undub [Japanese Speech Mod] [CD-R 80/99]

Postby sm1th » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:16 pm

Excellent job on the translation Kogami.
:)
User avatar
sm1th
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: March 2010

Re: Shenmue Undub [Japanese Speech Mod] [CD-R 80/99]

Postby GrimMeNaCe » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:21 am

I noticed this version of the game struggles to load on the laser, sometimes not even loading at all. While the Smiths undub version loads very smoothly. I know its not my laser cause I`ve tried countless games and they all work perfect. But I do know that this the first game Ive burned with Alcohol 120, every game ive burned has been with Imgburn and was a CDI.
User avatar
GrimMeNaCe
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
 
Joined: February 2014
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Shenmue Undub [Japanese Speech Mod] [CD-R 80/99]

Postby kogami » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:12 am

For my part I have always used the method "DAO / SAO".

This method is mentioned here for burning Shenmue II in French.
http://eversonic.fr/shenmuemaster/forum ... .php?t=648

I use a very old burner Plextor Premium, and no problem on my side.

I use very specific options to create the image of the Dreamcast game with tools that offers only the format mdf/mds.

I'll see if I can make a version .cdi

Can anyone confirm if it happens to burn and play the game on the Sega Dreamcast? (CD-R 80 and CD-R 99).

EDIT:
Format .cdi does not support multiple audio track.
http://sizious.emunova.net/download/?id ... idfile=121
kogami
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
 
Joined: September 2010
Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Re: Shenmue Undub [Japanese Speech Mod] [CD-R 80/99]

Postby GrimMeNaCe » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:31 am

I burned the game and it works on my Dreamcast but I had to do Raw/Dao for it to work otherwise I was having problems. Only thing though is that it seems like the laser works really hard to load it but the old undub version seems to load really fast. Also why is it when you burn the 2nd disc it doesn't need overburn? Its smaller than the 1st disc when you burn it.
User avatar
GrimMeNaCe
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
 
Joined: February 2014
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Shenmue Undub [Japanese Speech Mod] [CD-R 80/99]

Postby kogami » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:45 am

Disc 1-2-3 has sizes different And these Disc 3 the biggest
kogami
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
 
Joined: September 2010
Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Re: Shenmue Undub [Japanese Speech Mod] [CD-R 80/99]

Postby GrimMeNaCe » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:00 am

Ahh ok were the discs dummied out? Or was there no need for that since there already big?
User avatar
GrimMeNaCe
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
 
Joined: February 2014
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Shenmue Undub [Japanese Speech Mod] [CD-R 80/99]

Postby johnvivant » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:27 am

Kogami, would you be able to give your version of the undub to the people behind Revive DC, so they can work their magic and get the undub to play and burn really smoothly, just like smiths undub does.

maybe contact smith to organise it?
User avatar
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: November 2008

Re: Shenmue Undub [Japanese Speech Mod] [CD-R 80/99]

Postby kogami » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:47 am

You could put in touch me with his people?
Can they come here?
kogami
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
 
Joined: September 2010
Favorite title: What's Shenmue

PreviousNext

Return to Community Projects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000-
ShenmueDojo.net