NullDC 1.0.4 r150 with Shenmue fixes by masterchan777

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: nullDC 1.0.4 r150 with two Shenmue fixes by masterchan77

Postby Beuj » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:30 am

legluondunet wrote:@Beuj:

Did you erase the config file nullDC.cfg?
Did you install d3dcompiler_43 with winetricks?

I tried with Wineskin instead of just Wine, and I follow just your advice... And it works !! Thank you very much !!
But there is still a problem : the textures have a strange looking, and some of them just don't appear (Ryo has big eyes out of his head, and so on)... Any idea ? I'll have a look on the forum about that.

An other problem is that the game is at about 60% of its normal speed, but I think that it's due to my computer (Macbook Pro mid-2010) ^^

Encore merci le gluon du net ! Je peux espérer rejouer à cet excellent jeu à court terme !
Beuj
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Beuj » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:05 am

Well, I changed the video settings in NullDC, and now it works well !! I use the version with the second background image.
The speed is not completely good... Maybe, do you know if there is a Winetrick to get it better ? Something with D3D maybe ?
Merci !
Beuj
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Shenmue_Dojo » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:58 am

Hi

I have problem with the emulator, I can't run it. When I try to open the emulator it gives me "msvcp120.dll missing on computer" error. Its weird because, I have the same emulator installed from other source (clean NullDC r150, without Shenmue fixes) and it works perfectly. Unfortunatly it has no Shenmue fixes.

I've tried to reinstall Visual C++ 2010 in both versions x86 and x64. The mastarchan's emulator still dont work. Any ideas what can be wrong? I'd like to play Shenmue again :sad: .
Shenmue_Dojo
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby starkillerjake » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:31 am

Hey,

After the announcement of Shenmue 3, I was definitely wanted to try out the previous games. Unfortunately, the emulator doesn't run at all. After I open the emulator, I get "nullDC_Win32_Release.exe has stopped working". I'm stuck because It doesn't give me a specific error. I've followed several tutorials and have the correct BIOS files, and have also deleted the config file.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
starkillerjake
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Shenmue_Dojo » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:46 am

Yeah lets hope masterchan777 anwser :).
Shenmue_Dojo

Postby csmakio » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:04 pm

starkillerjake wrote: Hey,
After I open the emulator, I get "nullDC_Win32_Release.exe has stopped working"

I had the same error initially with nullDC that I downloaded directly from their site. Use the links in this topic to redownload the client, I played for about an hour last night without any major issues.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=47695&p=1089931#p1089931

I'm running nullDC 1.0.4 8)

csmakio has received a thanks from: starkillerjake
csmakio
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: csmakio

Postby starkillerjake » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:14 pm

Thanks a ton man. It works!
starkillerjake
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Shenmue_Dojo » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:17 pm

starkillerjake wrote: Thanks a ton man. It works!

It works for me too, just like any other official version of NullDC. So I suppose the masterchan's version of NullDC it's broken?
Shenmue_Dojo

Postby masterchan777 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:23 pm

Hello guys, and sorry for the late reply,
It's been sometime since I last worked on NullDC, I have just tried it on a few machines that I happen to have and it seems to be working correctly on all of them, the thing with emulators is that they are not 100% stable and they got affected by several issues depending on the machine they are being run on.
For those who are having issues, could you please detail the problem you're having with some specs of your machines ? I will try to look at such issues and find a solution if I could, it would be easier if I could recreate the same problem you're facing on your machine in order to be able to resolve it.
Also feel free to send me a private message if you like any further information.
masterchan777
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby DeadSheep » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:36 am

I thought I'd try to finally use an emulator myself and get out of standard Dreamcast resolution. I'm getting constant sound jitters, like you would with a bad audio cable. Little ticks that happen even when the Dreamcast boot sound is happening. I also have transparency issues (Ryu's hair is missing in parts and I can see into his model), and shadows will often cast tons of black dots on their path to the ground. I'm assuming it's a settings issue, wrong/outdated plugins, or just the consequences of emulating. If these are easy to fix, and I'm just an idiot, I'd be super appreciative on advice. I have a sandybridge i7, an nvidia 970, and 16gigs of 2133 ram. Thanks for the emulator tweaks!
DeadSheep
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby DeadSheep » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:53 am

The audio got a little better by increasing the sound buffer. I've watched some other people emulating and they all seem to have the same shadow/transparency problems, so I'm going to assume it's just something the emulator couldn't solve.
DeadSheep
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby jack28791 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:07 am

I downloaded the Masterchen NullDC and it working great except...one HUGE problem

On Shenmue 1 disc one Ryu is constantly running even when I'm not pushing anything, imagine how hard it is to play!

Windows 10 preview
Xbox One Controller via usb

Is this a known issue and any ideas to fix it?
jack28791
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby HazDS » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:20 am

jack28791 wrote: I downloaded the Masterchen NullDC and it working great except...one HUGE problem

On Shenmue 1 disc one Ryu is constantly running even when I'm not pushing anything, imagine how hard it is to play!

Windows 10 preview
Xbox One Controller via usb

Is this a known issue and any ideas to fix it?

Try adjusting the dead zone in the options for the controller settings.
HazDS
It's happening!!

Postby masterchan777 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:06 am

Hello everyone, I'd advice those who're having problems getting this version to run to check the updated OP. Please feel free to send me a Private Message if you need any further help with, thanks and enjoy.
masterchan777

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby heibonchan » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:09 am

Hi, I just registered to say that I've been crashing when I pause the game and put the emulator out of focus (i.e. alt tabbing). Everywhere else seems to work fine. I'm using your newest version and I'm running the JP version of Shenmue 1.
heibonchan
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PreviousNext

Return to Community Projects