Shenmue on Oculus Rift

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: Shenmue on Ocolus Rift?

Postby Peter » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:29 pm

Good man!

I am waiting on my own DK1 coming in the mail. I love the technology as it is now, never mind what it will become in the future
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Re: Shenmue on Oculus Rift

Postby Esppiral » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:45 am

Master Kyodai wrote: Yeah pretty promising stuff... So far it already supports a few games. I never liked skyrim, just ain't my kind of game, but in stereoscopic 3D it's just DAMN impressive. Shenmue would be killer, maybe it's even possible since with NullDC + stereoscopic plugin + "some" older nvidia cards with old stereo 3D driver make it possible to play stereoscopic.

phpBB [video]

Edit: ahhh awesomeness, youtube tags dun work any more. but i guess you can just copy the link...

Nice video \:D/
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Postby Peter » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:13 pm

That's the breakthrough with Shenmue specifically. People can get it running through OR, but it's from the POV of Ryo and the stereo/gyroscopic functionality nailed. It's a Shenmue fans wet dream.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Master Kyodai » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:14 am

Hmmm, hacking the camera position could be possible, people have done worse things to Shenmue. If that's too hard you can still use the "model swap trick" and swap Ryo model with an empty dummy model or so, then he also won't be "In the way".
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Giorgio » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:11 am

phpBB [video]
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Peter » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:47 pm

Yes we know you can run Shenmue through to the OR, at the end of the day its just another PNP monitor you wear on your head. But its the technology inside it that makes it the possible future of gaming. That and proper developing and programming of VR games.

But as MK said, camera hacking may be possible, primarily for the fps of being Ryo. Have the characters talk to your face when you engage with NCPs, look up to the sky with your head and see the show fall on you. Its a dream that's probably going to be far to impossible as it would take directing and programming what essentially is a whole new game.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Snoopbob2006 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:14 am

I have a DK2 on the way. If anyone needs help with testing I would love to help out!
Snoopbob2006
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Snoopbob2005
XBL: Snoopbob2005

Postby KX-5 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:13 pm

I think shenmue on Oculus would certainly be a new and interesting way to play the games, but I'm not too certain it would work well. It would all have to be first person and I feel like that would take away some of storytelling aspects since you would basically become Ryo. Not to mention the game would have to be completly reworked to work on the rift. I mean I'm probably wrong, but has anyone seen a third person game on the rift yet? Because personally I haven't...so I'm not sure how shenmue could work on it. But if it were to happen I would still eat it up :p
KX-5
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: Shadow_Exodus
Currently playing: L.A. Noire

Postby Snoopbob2006 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:17 am

Devs are working on 3rd person games as it reduces Nausea whilst playing. Most FPS games although not native at the moment are causing sickness.

I also think that it will be difficult to see a playable version of Shenmue in the rift but I am excited to see anything that happens.
Snoopbob2006
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Snoopbob2005
XBL: Snoopbob2005

Postby shengoro86 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:51 am

Camera hacking is possible with using nulldc cheater codes.

Credit to David Brown:

Camera & Movement
Allow First Person View: 014B75A0 00000001 - (Sometimes allows you to use first person view trigger during cutscenes and loading) *
Camera Fixed 0022537B 000000FF - (Keeps the camera exactly where it is. Use look trigger / stick to bring cam back to Ryo)
Camera Release: 00225377 0000003F - (Used with "Camera Loose" to end fixed camera code)
Camera Loose: 0022537B 00000000 - (Used with "Camera Release" to end fixed camera code)
Camera X?: 01201A49 00001301 - (Pretty unpredictable camera X or Y position code) *
Camera Z Pos: 01201A46 00004133 - (Move the camera higher or lower. Best used with fixed camera cheat)
Camera Z Facing: 01201A52 000002F9 - (Face the camera higher or lower. Best used with fixed camera cheat)
Cut Scene Camera Z Face: 022187EF 4869CC0D - (Face the camera higher or lower during cutscenes) *
Cut Scene Camera X or Y Face?: 0221880B 4869E80C - (Slightly glitchy X or Y camera facing hack during cutscenes) *
Cut Scene Cam X / Y?: 0221880C 0C4869E8 - (Slightly glitchy X or Y camera position hack during cutscenes) *
Cutscene Zooom or Z Tracking?: 022187EF 4869CC0D - (Does some weird stuff with Z tracking or zooming during cutscenes) *
Cutscene Depth of Feild: 02218845 300C486A - (Adjust camera depth of field during cutscenes. Non static, though) *
Flying Glitch?: 01589C24 00000FFF - (Very occasionally makes Ryo sky-walk after stepping off stairs and hills. Needs work.) *
Stop/Allow Movement: 0121FE88 00000001 - (Sometimes allows you to move during loading sequences & very rarely cutscenes) *
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby Esppiral » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:37 pm

Fov adjustment? this mean it is possible to change the fov in orther to play in widescreen? that would be awesome.
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Previous

Return to Community Projects