How to play with nullDC?? problem

(Modding and other series related projects)

How to play with nullDC?? problem

Postby Seffirosu » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:15 pm

Hi I want to use this viewtopic.php?f=37&t=46869

But can someone tell me how to make this work with nullDC emulator? I downloaded all three CD-R 99 discs from here and then load nullDC emulator and go to file - boot, select image file - choose the first disc (downloaded from here) named Shenmue_Undub_Disc1_(CD-R_99).MDS which is only 2KB? the other one is .MDF and correct file size but nullDC wont let me open that one...

I tried to convert the .MDF to .CDI and .ISO but I can't get it to work... demon tools and alcohol 120 wont work with the file :( Can anyone help me out with a method to get it to work with nullDC? I just really want to try this game !
Seffirosu
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: How to play with nullDC?? problem

Postby Shenmue_Dojo » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:58 am

Download this image - http://nitroroms.com/show/file-info/L47 ... D.zip.html

This is 1:1 copy and fully compatible with NullDC, no convert needed, just find the path to the file and play.
All games with *.cdi extension are rips with downsampled movies or music, somtimes other things are ripped. One more thing the image that I've link is compatible only* with emulator it doesnt work with real console.

*or with console if you use GDemu or Dreamshell with Sdcard.

Shenmue_Dojo has received a thanks from: Seffirosu
Shenmue_Dojo
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Shenmue_Dojo » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:29 am

Sorry i didnt notice earlier that you want to play Shenmue Undub. If you have problem with opening Alcohol 120% files (*.mds, *.mdf) you need to install Deamon Tools, make an virtual drive and mount the image file. With mounted image you just need to open NullDC, choose Normal Boot and paste the path of your virtual drive. If your virtual drive is for expample labeled as H drive, you need to write "H:\" like this:

It should work, at least it works for me in some cases when I have games with other file extensions then *.cdi and *.gdi.

Shenmue_Dojo has received a thanks from: Seffirosu
Shenmue_Dojo

Postby Seffirosu » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:15 am

Shenmue_Dojo wrote: Sorry i didnt notice earlier that you want to play Shenmue Undub. If you have problem with opening Alcohol 120% files (*.mds, *.mdf) you need to install Deamon Tools, make an virtual drive and mount the image file. With mounted image you just need to open NullDC, choose Normal Boot and paste the path of your virtual drive. If your virtual drive is for expample labeled as H drive, you need to write "H:\" like this:

It should work, at least it works for me in some cases when I have games with other file extensions then *.cdi and *.gdi.

Hi thanks for your reply.

I tried to mount Shenmue disc 1 zip file, then normal boot from nullDC (drive G) and it says "selected image failed to load". I tried to mount Shenmue disc 1 .mds file (the 2kb one) and it doesn't let me , it appears the files are just audio files. When I try to mount the disc 1 .mdf file, it wont even appear in the browser.

edit: To note, the files I have is disc1-3 .zip files (from original thread)(600-730kb). When I extract I have the .mds files for each disc which are only 2kb, and the .mdf file for each disc(880-996kb). none will work with nullDC normal boot after I mount them, and .mdf wont even let me mount
Seffirosu
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Seffirosu » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:19 pm

Heres an image Image

when i click "ok" on image file it says selected image failed to load. I mounted the zip file, it wont work with .mds or .mdf file mounted either. (cant mount the .mdf)

the files i got:

Seffirosu
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Shenmue_Dojo » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:02 pm

NullDC supports images with extensions like: cdi, gdi, mds, nrg, chd. It does not support zipped files like rar, zip, 7z. I think you use old revision of NullDC 1.0.4 I can see in your photo in the top bar of emulator date: August 2011

Try this version, its the most new I can find (revision 150) from March 2013. I use it myself - http://www73.zippyshare.com/v/HOwnpwNK/file.html Just delete nullDC.cfg file and it will work.

I've downloaded the same image ( Shenmue_Undub_Disc1_CD-R_99)to try it out, and it works perfect on this emulator.
Shenmue_Dojo

Postby Seffirosu » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:56 pm

Shenmue_Dojo wrote: NullDC supports images with extensions like: cdi, gdi, mds, nrg, chd. It does not support zipped files like rar, zip, 7z. I think you use old revision of NullDC 1.0.4 I can see in your photo in the top bar of emulator date: August 2011

Try this version, its the most new I can find (revision 150) from March 2013. I use it myself - http://www73.zippyshare.com/v/HOwnpwNK/file.html Just delete nullDC.cfg file and it will work.

I've downloaded the same image ( Shenmue_Undub_Disc1_CD-R_99)to try it out, and it works perfect on this emulator.

Thanks! it worked!

Just one thing.. I want to set up a memory card, I did it following this link http://ngemu.com/threads/sticky-how-to- ... rd.137766/

Do you know where I can find the files in my PC which have the save data for my shenmue save? so I can back it up. edit: I think its the vmu_data_port01 file in the nulldc folder, right?

edit2: nevermind.. It is just laggy all the time and unplayable. everythings really slow, when I move the character he just moves super slow... I even tried the other nullDC version thats uploaded on here. Its always super stuttery, and uses so much CPU usage, and its not my pc because I can play farcry on very high with no problems...
Seffirosu
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Shenmue_Dojo » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:25 am

I think there is something messed up with your Windows or emulator configuration. If you can play Farcry 4 on high details your PC is strong enough to emulate every DC game. Here is a video I've made to show you how this game works on my PC:

phpBB [video]

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ukk9g

On the top left corner you have number of FPS. The emulator showed me (you can not see it on video) 99-100 % speed. So it's perfect if you dont mind the graphical glitches. My specs are not impressive some old AMD Phenom II X4 955, Radeon HD5850 and 4 gigs of RAM.
Shenmue_Dojo

Postby Himuro » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:11 am

I tried the Shenmue Undub and it just kept corrupting my save file and forcing me to format my vmu. I may consider using daemon to mount the images instead. There's something wrong with the 60hz and it tests for it every time.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Seffirosu » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:38 am

Shenmue_Dojo wrote: I think there is something messed up with your Windows or emulator configuration. If you can play Farcry 4 on high details your PC is strong enough to emulate every DC game. Here is a video I've made to show you how this game works on my PC:

phpBB [video]

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ukk9g

On the top left corner you have number of FPS. The emulator showed me (you can not see it on video) 99-100 % speed. So it's perfect if you dont mind the graphical glitches. My specs are not impressive some old AMD Phenom II X4 955, Radeon HD5850 and 4 gigs of RAM.

My FPS stays at 60 and % is staying at 100% now, (outside of cutscenes) but everything is still slow and super laggy/unplayable, also theres no ENG subs... My specs intel i5 4690k + r9 270x + 8gb. As you say it must be emulator configuration, as with the first two nullDC versions I tried it was even worse/didn't work at all. I guess i'll have to wait for remaster one day

quote="Himuro"] I tried the Shenmue Undub and it just kept corrupting my save file and forcing me to format my vmu. I may consider using daemon to mount the images instead. There's something wrong with the 60hz and it tests for it every time.[/quote]

I got this but I just booted with no disk reformatted the VMU, clicked new game and it created a new save file and worked fine, just had to click "load" on shenmue menu instead of continue every time. However I havent got past the second cutscene so it may corrupt in the future, idk.
Seffirosu
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Himuro » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:41 am

Seffirosu wrote:
I got this but I just booted with no disk reformatted the VMU, clicked new game and it created a new save file and worked fine, just had to click "load" on shenmue menu instead of continue every time. However I havent got past the second cutscene so it may corrupt in the future, idk.

You need to load the save. Tell me what it says when you do.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby bishopcruz » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:17 pm

I'm getting the same problem as himuro, in nullDC the VMU Seems fine the first time I play, but is corrupted for subsequent plays.

BTW himuro, do you have an archive of your undub LP?
bishopcruz

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Seffirosu » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:23 am

Himuro wrote:
Seffirosu wrote:

You need to load the save. Tell me what it says when you do.

It loads the save where I last saved it. But I haven't exited "Ryo's room" yet, so maybe it would corrupt if I savd after leaving the room. I can try, but I need to get rid of the lag, it takes forever to move/get past cutscenes atm.

What version of nullDC are you guys using ?
Seffirosu
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Radar » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:47 am

The problem may be with not right BIOS\region settings, check on that!
Radar
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby BakaDoniu » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:40 am

bishopcruz wrote:I'm getting the same problem as himuro, in nullDC the VMU Seems fine the first time I play, but is corrupted for subsequent plays.

I had the same problem , but I noticed that only happens after you go and play hang-on or space harrier

the emulation of those games may cause some error in the vmu recognition :S

now i just can't spend all my day in the arcade T_T
BakaDoniu
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Next

Return to Community Projects